OMG, someone give me some answers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
OMG, someone give me some answers

Okay, so lately I've been thinking about my future with my Mustang and I've almost (almost mind you) come to the conclusion that rather than mod my 3.8 L V6, I'm just going to keep it until I get home from Afghanistan, and then trade it in for a newer V8 or maybe a Cobra. Since I'll have a decent amount of $$ from my deployment, I'll def be able to afford it. All I have to be is patient (plus survive). A V6 (in the end) would cost me just as much money to mod and make much better than it would be to buy a newer V8, so I think that's what I'll do.

But that's not what's making me angry, what IS making me angry is when I go on other 'Muscle Car' forums and ask the question 'Should I or should I not mod my V6 Mustang?', all for the sake of other people's OPINIONS (since I want to make sure I'm making the right decision), I suddenly get all these ***holes telling me that my car sucks and it's (and I quote) "What soccer mom's and poor fa***ts who can't afford a real car use, go back to your redneck tree shade dump of a shop and tell them they need brain surgery for being **tarted enough to even tell you that a V6 Mustang is a good car. You're just as dumb for buying it". All I wanted was some freaken second opinions. Wow.

So my questions is, since we're all Mustang owners here, is it even worth it to mod my V6. I just want your opinions, since I consider all of you the experts. I don't want any **** talkers. I've driven down the road and have gotten thumb ups and nods of respect from Mustangs of several variations, including V8's and Cobras. So I just wana know if I should even bother. Give me your honest opinions.

Thanks guys.
CPL Ahern is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Re: OMG, someone give me some answers

If it wasn't for the V6, the V8 wouldn't still be here.
To each their own in a case like this. My opinion is that I wouldn't have a V6 Mustang because I like the rumble and the feel of a V8. To me, it's not really worth it to try and make something fast that wasn't really meant to be fast in the first place. Many would agree that the V6 is for the looks, mileage and affordability.
People do make them fast, but with a V8, you already have a baseline that is built for power. I will never knock a V6 though. Would I rather have a V6 Mustang than no Mustang at all, absolutley!
If it was me and my money, V8 all the way!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: California
As good as the new V6 is, my opinion is that a V8 is what makes a Mustang a MUSTANG. No disrespect to a true hero serving in our armed forces but, it's time to take off the training wheels and get a couple more cylinders.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina

Well I'd say just save your money and get a newer V8...personally I prefer V8's anyway but in a nonbiased opinion if you have the money for a V8 it will save you some hastle anyway...then if you can get even more out of your mods that you would have gotten on the V6...not to mention newer is nice! but like you said focus on getting home safe and then make your move...Thanks for serving man!
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
As good as the new V6 is, my opinion is that a V8 is what makes a Mustang a MUSTANG. No disrespect to a true hero serving in our armed forces but, it's time to take off the training wheels and get a couple more cylinders.
You see that's exactly what I was thinking today. I felt as though my 6 wasn't exactly what I wanted and maybe I should trade it in for an 8 when I get back. But seeing as how you're back up my thoughts, then I think it's def time to "get rid of the training wheels" lol. Any ideas on which one to get?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Other

Fox
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby View Post
Well I'd say just save your money and get a newer V8...personally I prefer V8's anyway but in a nonbiased opinion if you have the money for a V8 it will save you some hastle anyway...then if you can get even more out of your mods that you would have gotten on the V6...not to mention newer is nice! but like you said focus on getting home safe and then make your move...Thanks for serving man!
Well thank YOU for the advice man, it's actually refreshing for some REAL answers rather than an constant verbal thrashing from guys with imported cars that tell me my car is lower than dirt. I still want a Mustang (I love my Mustang), I'm just not sure which newer one to get, since I've heard there's the V8 then the Cobra. What's the difference between them?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
Road Trip!

If you're looking for a great starting point or just leaving it alone. The new 5.0 GT is a great starting point with 400+ hp and with a few mods there isn't much on the street that can touch it.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

A Fox? Which one is that? (I know, I'm car stupid. But literally my V6 Stang was my first REAL car so I have no idea lol)
Old 03-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you're looking for a great starting point or just leaving it alone. The new 5.0 GT is a great starting point with 400+ hp and with a few mods there isn't much on the street that can touch it.
And I can find one really at any dealer? I know some dealers don't have them, since I had to look FOREVER in order to find my 6.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL Ahern

And I can find one really at any dealer? I know some dealers don't have them, since I had to look FOREVER in order to find my 6.
Yeah, they're out there. When I was buying my Shelby, the dealer I was going through always had some in stock.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL Ahern View Post
Well thank YOU for the advice man, it's actually refreshing for some REAL answers rather than an constant verbal thrashing from guys with imported cars that tell me my car is lower than dirt. I still want a Mustang (I love my Mustang), I'm just not sure which newer one to get, since I've heard there's the V8 then the Cobra. What's the difference between them?
ohhh yeah I tend to tell it the way it is and you asked a real question and you deserve real answers none of that haggling bull**** those other guys have been giving you....but it all depends on which body you like and how much money you have to spend....from 1993-2004 with the exception of 2002 SVT made the Cobra which you had the V6 mustang the Mustang GT and then the SVT Cobra....which was the same engine as in the V8 just more powerful....if you want a Cobra I think everybody here would back me up in saying go with the '03-'04...or if you have the cash buy a Shelby...it all depends on your own preference and money...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ohhh yeah I tend to tell it the way it is and you asked a real question and you deserve real answers none of that haggling bull**** those other guys have been giving you....but it all depends on which body you like and how much money you have to spend....from 1993-2004 with the exception of 2002 SVT made the Cobra which you had the V6 mustang the Mustang GT and then the SVT Cobra....which was the same engine as in the V8 just more powerful....if you want a Cobra I think everybody here would back me up in saying go with the '03-'04...or if you have the cash buy a Shelby...it all depends on your own preference and money...
Well I actually just looked at the 2011 GT and I liked it a lot. I really like the body style with the newer cars because I feel like they vaguely resemble the old school body styles. And the MPG is great, and it's even better because it get's 400+ hp stock. Are the cobra's rare? I've only seen one on the road and none at any dealer.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, they're out there. When I was buying my Shelby, the dealer I was going through always had some in stock.
Do you think they'll still be plentiful when I come back? My deployment is a year (not including pre-deployment training and such). Some of my other buddies who just got back from Iraq said that they where lookin at a few cars and couldn't find them when they got back.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Well I actually just looked at the 2011 GT and I liked it a lot. I really like the body style with the newer cars because I feel like they vaguely resemble the old school body styles. And the MPG is great, and it's even better because it get's 400+ hp stock. Are the cobra's rare? I've only seen one on the road and none at any dealer.
Well I love the 2011's they look great BUT there's the concept of saying I have a Cobra...it's one of the decisions I faced buying my last car on whether to get a Cobra or a Shelby...personally I've only seen 2 2003 Cobras and 1 2004 but I live in a very small area............and as far as being able to find a car when you get back you'll be fine!!! I mean in my small city you'd be screwed because there are no new 5.0's and the ones they get are all autos but for me if I just drive down to Charlotte every dealer has a line of 5.0's as far as you can see!!! and by the time you get back you could even be looking at a new or used Boss!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I love the 2011's they look great BUT there's the concept of saying I have a Cobra...it's one of the decisions I faced buying my last car on whether to get a Cobra or a Shelby...personally I've only seen 2 2003 Cobras and 1 2004 but I live in a very small area............and as far as being able to find a car when you get back you'll be fine!!! I mean in my small city you'd be screwed because there are no new 5.0's and the ones they get are all autos but for me if I just drive down to Charlotte every dealer has a line of 5.0's as far as you can see!!! and by the time you get back you could even be looking at a new or used Boss!!!
And what's the difference between a Boss and the rest of the engines? I've heard a lot about the Boss engines and I can tell you I have no idea what they are except they're very powerful lol.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
And what's the difference between a Boss and the rest of the engines? I've heard a lot about the Boss engines and I can tell you I have no idea what they are except they're very powerful lol.
Hey man what else doyou need to know?!?!?!? hahha but basically the Boss is kind of the stepping stone between the regular 5.0 and the Shelbies....I think it's got 440HP...it's basically a throwback car in my opinion...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey man what else doyou need to know?!?!?!? hahha but basically the Boss is kind of the stepping stone between the regular 5.0 and the Shelbies....I think it's got 440HP...it's basically a throwback car in my opinion...
Haha, well I'm trying to get as much info as possible so I don't make a decision I'll regret. But seriously thanks guys, It's a real relief to get good answers.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I own a v6 and love it and I have ******** that always rag on me for having a v6. Ur not alone but you should get a v8 especially if it saves you money and then you could sell that v6 to a mustang loving teen like me btw thank you for your service. I'm going to join when I get out of highschool
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
We have no hate for the sixxer here. To answer your question only you can decide if it's worth modding. You are the only one who can decide that. If you like the car and it makes you happy then do it.

PETOM.biz TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Okay, so lately I've been thinking about my future with my Mustang and I've almost (almost mind you) come to the conclusion that rather than mod my 3.8 L V6, I'm just going to keep it until I get home from Afghanistan, and then trade it in for a newer V8 or maybe a Cobra. Since I'll have a decent amount of $$ from my deployment, I'll def be able to afford it. All I have to be is patient (plus survive). A V6 (in the end) would cost me just as much money to mod and make much better than it would be to buy a newer V8, so I think that's what I'll do.

But that's not what's making me angry, what IS making me angry is when I go on other 'Muscle Car' forums and ask the question 'Should I or should I not mod my V6 Mustang?', all for the sake of other people's OPINIONS (since I want to make sure I'm making the right decision), I suddenly get all these ***holes telling me that my car sucks and it's (and I quote) "What soccer mom's and poor fa***ts who can't afford a real car use, go back to your redneck tree shade dump of a shop and tell them they need brain surgery for being **tarted enough to even tell you that a V6 Mustang is a good car. You're just as dumb for buying it". All I wanted was some freaken second opinions. Wow.

So my questions is, since we're all Mustang owners here, is it even worth it to mod my V6. I just want your opinions, since I consider all of you the experts. I don't want any **** talkers. I've driven down the road and have gotten thumb ups and nods of respect from Mustangs of several variations, including V8's and Cobras. So I just wana know if I should even bother. Give me your honest opinions.

Thanks guys.
I've been told the same thing until I switched to this forum. People are real nice. But watch out for Sno. He's something else. Haha. It all comes down to what you want to do though. I would say buy a gt but that's just because it would be hard to sell in my opinion a jacked up v6
Old 03-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:

Thanks guys.
Also. I like the pure rush of a rumbling muscle car that shakes when u rev it.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Thanks for doing your job for us in Afghanistan.
Of course it is worth it. It will take a lot of research on your end. Contact your local Mustang dyno shop when you get home and start asking questions.
Good luck!
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
A Fox? Which one is that? (I know, I'm car stupid. But literally my V6 Stang was my first REAL car so I have no idea lol)
A foxbody mustang is anywhere from 1979-1993. For how much you have to spend you could make a really nice one or buy one that is really nice.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

v8. Be safe, and thank you.

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to JDwoodman

Honestly, I love my v6 I've done enough to it so that wherever I go I get respected...and still costs me way less than a v8....You need to get over the trash talk and enjoy what you have...Even people with money for Shelby's or the new 5.0 should respect someone that knows what they’re doing with a v6...and in my experience I have been respected.....I should be getting more Crap then you too considering I got a 2010 with the old 4.0...even though the new 3.7 just came out

(Current)2012-Black 5.0 Premium Whipple 2.9L Supercharger Stage 2 Kit, ID1000's, JMS BAP, GT500 Six piston Brembo Brakes, Boss 302 front and rear diffusers, GT500 Spoiler, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, and Boss 302 oil cooler.

(SOLD)2010-Sterling Gray V6 Pony Package (too many mods to list)
JDwoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

I love my V6 they can make a 4 cyclinder with 600 hp I don't care how many cyclinders a car has I care about working on it with my own hands and making it my own If I got a car with everything I ever wanted then I wouldn't have anything to work on. If All of the people out there with extra cyclinders feed better about that then let them. anyone can buy a car make what ever car you have yours
Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

The cobra is a supercharged v8

go slow when your dead
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang