Mustang Evolution Forum banner

A cam for my 2000 v6

27K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Blackheart4355 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a cam for my 2000 v6 and any idea of hp gain from the cam?

#3 ·
Yes, Comp Cams are the direct choice. If you need assistance in choosing one you can contact these people or go there and read about it:
ninosport.com, supersixmotorsports.com, rpmoutlet.com, stage3motorsports.com
These vendors all specialize in V6 Mustangs performance upgrades, turbos, superchargers, forged internals, port and polish, ect...

#13 ·
porting...yes. polishing...not necessary for a v6 street car. but ported heads or aftermarket heads will help out the cam.

#12 ·
It really depends on the cam...the lift and duration determine how mild or aggressive the cam will be.

Are you aiming for strictly power or strictly sound...or maybe a healthy cam that offers both?

Usually most camshafts alone won't make you a ton of hp...maybe 10-15 to the wheels...upgraded springs will probably be necessary...upgraded heads/intake wouldn't hurt.

#17 ·
Blackheart4355 said:
Tom Morana Racing B grind cam. Sounds great and a definite power gain. Add his stage 2 plus heads and roller rockers and you will be rockin!
Anyone else starting to get the feeling he works for this company since every post is "go to Tom morana.com".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.