Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Exhaust, help plz

Tags
exhaust
1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  BackPressure 
#1 ·
I spoke to a muffler shop arnd town and the guy told me id get a really good sound out of a single 3" flowmaster turn down and said he wld do everything for $250. What do yall think?

#2 ·
Seems pricey to me, considering you can pick up an entire y-pipe bolt on catback (MAC) for $320 or a used v8 catback for less.

I don't know, maybe labor rates are way more these days at an exhaust shop but that seems high for a single muffler turndown setup.

#4 ·
It will sound better than stock. Not too much louder, but there will be a noticeable difference in tone and some better flow than stock. The stock muffler is very restrictive.

I'd get some quotes from other shops in your area if there are some to see whether that price is fair or not.

#9 ·
Turndown is a short piece of pipe that comes out of the back of the muffler and is bent "c" shaped down towards the ground.
Also, If you have any intentions of reusing the Flowmaster muffler again in the future make sure someone gives you a 2.5" muffler, not a 3". Unless your pushing 500HP or more now. Thats too large of diamiter pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.