Mustang Evolution Forum banner

broke stang

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  00STANG00 
#1 ·
the car is in the undrivable state needs new exhaust. Saturday is gonna be a long day. might get true duels. if its in reasonable price range.

#6 ·
Once someone gets into exhaust repairs, it can come out much cheaper to get true duals. They will cut out the "Y" pipe and run short pieces of intermediate piping to a set of mufflers. They can put in dumps from there if full tail pipes are out of your price range right now. Full set of tail pipes can be purchased ($125) later and then attached to outlet of mufflers for a finished system. And just a FYI~ A catback isn't true duals. It uses the "Y" pipe and then splits again to two pipe outlets.

#7 ·
robb15033 said:
Once someone gets into exhaust repairs, it can come out much cheaper to get true duals. They will cut out the "Y" pipe and run short pieces of intermediate piping to a set of mufflers. They can put in dumps from there if full tail pipes are out of your price range right now. Full set of tail pipes can be purchased ($125) later and then attached to outlet of mufflers for a finished system. And just a FYI~ A catback isn't true duals. It uses the "Y" pipe and then splits again to two pipe outlets.
Well maybe I used the wrong wording here. Mine was cut right past the cats with a pipe coming off each cat. And I didn't run the pipes to the rear because of no cut outs in V6 bumper and I don't like then hanging under. A GT bumper will be coming in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.