Effed up clutch. Help please? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Effed up clutch. Help please?

(car is a 2004 v6 with a 5-speed)
So ever since I got my clutch replaced(about 2 or so months ago), my clutch pedal has had this annoying vibration. It didn't really make any noise so it didn't bother me at first, but about 2 weeks ago, it got loud, squeaked a little, and just sounded bad anytime I didn't have the clutch pushed in. It didnt really affect drivability at all, so I ignored it until recently. It's started to not let me in gears(I have to put the clutch in, take my foot off, then back in just to shift into second) and now is just making my car a horrible thing to drive. I called the shop that did the install, and they said they would fix it if they caused it. It's a reliable shop that's always treated me right so I'm not really concerned about that. Im just wondering if anybody has had the same problem? Oh, and it had that problem as soon as I drove home(the light vibration in the pedal). And keep in mind, I only had vibration problems when the clutch was out, it's fine as soon as I press it in a little. The shop said something about hydraulic fluid? Idk... I'm happy to provide any information I have, it would just take too long to type out on my dang iPhone. Please help, and if you have a question, please ask it.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Sounds like throw out bearing. I'm not sure if it's made on to the slave cylinder assembly or not.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
Sounds like throw out bearing. I'm not sure if it's made on to the slave cylinder assembly or not.
It was just replaced...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

So, drove my car to church tonight. Had some trouble getting in gear sometimes, but I didn't worry since its mostly highway. As I left, it was barely able to go into gears sometimes, was grinding when I went into reverse, and just being a PITA... Almost made it home and realized that if I went home then, theres no way to get my car back to the shop if it acts up again... So I parked my car at the shop for tonight, going tomorrow to drop off the keys and see what's going on... Hopefully its nothing too bad

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang