Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Need help

991 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  03stang03 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 V6 mustang stock. What exhaust would someone recommend to give me a good sound and a decent power gain. I plan on doing that as well as a K&N CAI and a bama tune for it. I know it's just a V6 but they can be made to have some power! Also other suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Exhaust is really a personal preference but Flowmaster 40's with an off road h-pipe do sound real good on the six down low...up high it's going to get high pitched and drone but that's the nature of the v6's.

The x-pipe with the flows doesn't sound too bad either. Pypes, chambered Cherry Bombs, OEM GT mufflers, pretty much anything chambered sounds decent on them at idle and under 2500 rpms.

#9 ·
sonicpony03 said:
Exhaust is really a personal preference but Flowmaster 40's with an off road h-pipe do sound real good on the six down low...up high it's going to get high pitched and drone but that's the nature of the v6's.

The x-pipe with the flows doesn't sound too bad either. Pypes, chambered Cherry Bombs, OEM GT mufflers, pretty much anything chambered sounds decent on them at idle and under 2500 rpms.
Yeah it's all about opinion. It'll get raspy in the high rpm range no matter what.

#11 ·
if your wanting power a tuner is a good thing to go for if you have an automatic. if standard i would go with the short throw shifter for fun. tune dont help as much on a standard. the explorer intake swap seams to be popular so i guess it has to do something for you. i have a v8 so im not sure on what all the hp adding things are for you

#12 ·
Texastboneking said:
if your wanting power a tuner is a good thing to go for if you have an automatic. if standard i would go with the short throw shifter for fun. tune dont help as much on a standard. the explorer intake swap seams to be popular so i guess it has to do something for you. i have a v8 so im not sure on what all the hp adding things are for you
Haha yeah it's an automatic. Yeah the intake is definitely what I want. But because it's a V6 we don't get as much power gains as the V8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.