Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Flowmaster vs magnaflow mufflers?

6K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Cody156 
#1 ·
Now that i got my exhaust re-done i want to change my mufflers, i have heard some nice clips of the 40 series flowmaster, but ive heard magnaflow mufflers r stainless steel which is good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

(2000 v6 - true dual exhaust)

#4 ·
Yah swapping mufflers is fairly easy...I personally like the Pypes mufflers over the Flowmasters on the v6's, especially when accelerating. The Flowmasters sound real good at idle and in the lower rpms, especially with long tubes or an h-pipe. But when they accelerate it sounds really buzzy and droney. I've heard a couple with a catted x-pipe and they sounded decent.

I don't know if you've heard the Pypes outside the car but they sound pretty good at wot. But that's with cats...they get higher pitched without cats and an x-pipe.

Keep in mind this is my opinion, some like them, some don't. They are a chambered muffler, and are tuned for the v6's, just like the violators are tuned for the v8's. I've always liked the unique sound they give off, and I've gotten several compliments, some from v8 owners.

#6 ·
Oh definitely experiment...see if there's something out there that you like even more...you never know.

That's what is nice about the mufflers, you can swap them in and out fairly easily.

#8 ·
The Stainless Steel Street Pro is what I recommend you check out on youtube. The companies name is Stainless Steel and obviously thats what they use. The "Street Pro" is excellent on our V6's. Also remember that Flowmaster makes the Orig 40, Delta 40, 44, 60, and Super 10. I would imagine the new FM "db Hushpower" would sound good on the V6 also.

#12 ·
Anyone here with either flomaster original 40 or flomaster 40 series delta flow?

Im debating on those two. Delta flow minimizes interior resonance. Original 40 does not.

My only concern is the mufflers being sooo loud that i cant even listen to music...

#13 ·
You could dynamat the floor pans... It will cut down on road noise and exhaust... I dynamited my floor plans when I did the floor pans... It's pretty quite but when I romp on it, I can still hear the exhaust and the road noise... It'll never be quiet.

#14 ·
CHILE10_STANG said:
Anyone here with either flomaster original 40 or flomaster 40 series delta flow?

Im debating on those two. Delta flow minimizes interior resonance. Original 40 does not.

My only concern is the mufflers being sooo loud that i cant even listen to music...
Ok. I have straight pipes on my 98. It's loud but not loud enough not to hear my music (unless I hover at 4000 rpms). So with any mufflers you should be good

#26 ·
im getting ready to buy my new mufflers, and i know this can be a stupid question, but there isnt a difference between drivers and passenger side mufflers right? i just buy two mufflers and flip turning according to the side? just double checking...

#27 ·
CHILE10_STANG said:
im getting ready to buy my new mufflers, and i know this can be a stupid question, but there isnt a difference between drivers and passenger side mufflers right? i just buy two mufflers and flip turning according to the side? just double checking...
Correct.... Just make sure you have the inlet and outlet going the right way

#29 ·
CHILE10_STANG said:
thanks bro... i know some mufflers come with a little tag that tells u, if it doesnt tell u, is there any way to know?
Hmm well most will have it stamped onto the muffler other than that I'm not too sure unless the inlet and outlet are different sizes. When you purchase em they should have a diagram in the instructions and warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.