help with power windows please - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
help with power windows please

They tryied breaking into my car a few months back. They messed up the passanger window bad to get in. I opened the panel and the tracks inside are all JACKED UP and the window completly fell off but it didn't brake so Thank goodness. How do I know if the tracks are still good or if I need new ones. And if so,will it be a pain to fix it myself?
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

..k thanks everyone for the info ......
Old 05-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Your welcome
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Re: help with power windows please

So no one is around to answer your question within 2 hours and you decide to just be a smartass about it? That's definitely gonna push people away from helping you.....have some patience buddy.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome advice ill keep it mind next time. Rain messed up sum of my front seat already .had to bag the window but I guess it didn't work good(stupid me with that cheapy tape)
Old 05-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Road Trip!

hard to tell... being smart *** again??? seemed a little sarcastic...
Old 05-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Why am I being a smart *** o_O I just need a little help. I've only owned this mustang for like 2 weeks now and I'm trying to get it on its feet. I tried to google it but I didn't have much luck
Old 05-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
Regular
Supporter

Did you try fixing it or did you just look at it being off track and figure it wasnt fixable?
Old 05-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I tried putting it back together but I've never messed with that before so I didn't do very much. But I did notice that they were all over the place. I think my only option would be to take it to a mechanic. I don't got the money right now for it cuz of the family. So I guess its gona have to sit a bit more
Old 05-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #10
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStang210 View Post
I tried putting it back together but I've never messed with that before so I didn't do very much. But I did notice that they were all over the place. I think my only option would be to take it to a mechanic. I don't got the money right now for it cuz of the family. So I guess its gona have to sit a bit more
Search some local forums and throw up a "need help in S.A." thread. Explain your situation and im sure someone local will offer help. Ive done this before and gotten help.Mustang owners stick together and like to help each other out.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:35 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStang210
Where are you located???
Old 05-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #12
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Texas Mustang Forums | LoneStarStangs I know the guy that owns the site and he is based out of San Antonio. Good guy, good forum if you want to find someone local to help you.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info I really appreciate. I'm located near bandera rd. I got som job interviews this week so I'm crossing my fingers I get sumthin. Going out of town today to visit my folks and pack up the rest of my junk and my sons stuff. I'll look into those forums,thanks again.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #14

Region: Florida

I just recently fixed my window so I can try to help. First, if the motor still works, fixing will be cheap. I had to remove the window regulator and window because everything was off track. After removing the door panel and disconnecting the electrical wires. I unbolted the regulator from the door itself. Removed all parts, straigtened the regulator arms the best I could making sure that they can clear themselves as they would move the window up or down. While you have it out of the car, you can always check the opposite door for reference if you get confused as to the way it is actually functional while in the door. Hope this helps. By the way, you can get a regulator at a junk yard for a very reasonable price. (25-60 bucks)
Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #15
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired1SG View Post
I just recently fixed my window so I can try to help. First, if the motor still works, fixing will be cheap. I had to remove the window regulator and window because everything was off track. After removing the door panel and disconnecting the electrical wires. I unbolted the regulator from the door itself. Removed all parts, straigtened the regulator arms the best I could making sure that they can clear themselves as they would move the window up or down. While you have it out of the car, you can always check the opposite door for reference if you get confused as to the way it is actually functional while in the door. Hope this helps. By the way, you can get a regulator at a junk yard for a very reasonable price. (25-60 bucks)
Real world experience.....
Old 05-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired1SG
thanks sweet info. Ill stop by the junk yard and see if I can get that regulator

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang