Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Windstar Intake

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Greg687 
#1 ·
So, I know this topic is old... But I'm considering doing it over the summer. I just have a few questions.
1. Is it worth it? I've heard do to the changes in intake runner lengths, it really improve power.

2. How hard is it to do myself? If i can't do it myself, its to cost restrictive. (btw, I have an 04 v6)

3. Anybody out there that has experienced the difference? You can look at dyno sheets all day and tell me it's great or terrible, but I want a real opinion.

And 4. Does it require a tune? From what I've read, it's not necessary, but it helps a lot and gives you over 8-10hp more on top of the other gains.

But it is pretty, and I might just do it for $375.

Oh, and I'm only considering the vapauto kit right now since its the only complete kit that clears the hood.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Just got a reply from Steven at VAP, said no tune is necessary! Planning on this by the end of the summer if I can save the right amount of money :D

"Hello Alec,

There is no need to tune your car after the install. Although a tuner is a great mod and has excellent gains on its own.

Thanks,
Steven "

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.