Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Hit a bump in my upgrades

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  kickerofdoom 
#1 ·
So far I have the exhaust, cai, and tuner. These are the other things I wanted:
-lowering springs and ball joints
-4.10 gears and deferential
-sequential taillights the plug in ones

I'm getting new tires in July however I don't know what upgrade I should save up for next... Any ideas. Bc the lowering springs and ball joints might be expensive... I want gears but do I need a deferential... So much on my mind need guidance... Anybody ???

#9 ·
You'd probably spend about the same between each area - suspension or drivetrain.

By the time you buy springs, shocks/struts, CC plates, ball joints, bumpsteer kit and an alignment you'll be anywhere from 500-1000. Depending on new/used parts, and whether you install everything yourself or have it installed.

Gears/tlok, friction oil, and install will be 500-800.

So it's basically show or go, as others have said. Since you already have the tuner, adjusting the speedometer won't be an issue.

Keep in mind the gear/tlok install is critical as well as the alignment for the suspension. Poor effort in either will result in issues and ultimately cost you money.

#10 ·
you'd probably spend about the same between each area - suspension or drivetrain.

By the time you buy springs, shocks/struts, cc plates, ball joints, bumpsteer kit and an alignment you'll be anywhere from 500-1000. Depending on new/used parts, and whether you install everything yourself or have it installed.

Gears/tlok, friction oil, and install will be 500-800.

So it's basically show or go, as others have said. Since you already have the tuner, adjusting the speedometer won't be an issue.

Keep in mind the gear/tlok install is critical as well as the alignment for the suspension. Poor effort in either will result in issues and ultimately cost you money.
so with gears and tlock you will need to adjust the speedometer?

#14 ·
^this and a rear sway bar.

Also if you plan on dropping the car 1.5" or more, get a bumpsteer kit. Don't try and save money skip it, you will need. The change in geometry with a near 2" drop is too much for an alignment alone...you'll need the kit to compensate for the physical changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.