Mustang Evolution Forum banner

My car squeaks! ?? And vents rattle!

4K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  99ford 
#1 ·
I've notice on rougher roads with the windows down and radio off my 2002 stang chirps. It's very de- masculizing to the car. Does anyone know what this could be?? Thanks!

*** also when going over 70mhp my air vents in the center rattle??? Anyway to fix this??

#10 ·
Ball joints squeak. Bushings squeak. Metal on metal squeaks. Who knows. Could be a lot of things. You need to trace the sound to get an accurate idea

#17 ·
Stang02seth said:
Not sure exactly. Sounds like it comes more from the back. It just sounds kind of like a bird chirping when i hit bumps and rough spots, And no way to fix the vents?
Probably
Fuel pump mine does that. I took my rear seats completely out. Bc I like to hear my dual exhaust and i hear it on mine fuel pump... It's a rattling chirp.

#23 ·
Yah the squeaking/chirping can be caused my one or more of several things in your rear suspension. I had a similar squeak...turns out it was my right rear shock. I replaced mine when I did my suspension and there isn't a squeak anymore.

Unfortunately our mustangs have the misfortune of rattling and squeaking after some time. Sometimes just popping out the center vent stack will help as the car flexes and twists over time puts unequal pressure on components inside the cabin. Try that and see if it continues. Sometimes some Meguiars interior spray will lubricate it just enough to stop the rattling for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.