Mustang Evolution Forum banner

V6 single flowmaster muffler?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  shaqfu 
#1 ·
I really want my car to sound great and louder than it is right now. Don't have much money to spend less than 150$. What do u guys think about replacing the stock muffler with a flow master 40 series? Any ideas??

#2 ·
you will get a bunch of don't do its, but I swapped my stock one for Flowmaster 44 single and it definitely sounds better, you can always use it later if you upgrade to dual. I bought the muffler for 79 from American Muscle with free shipping, and local guy installed for 60 bucks, so right on your same budget.

#3 ·
shaqfu said:
you will get a bunch of don't do its, but I swapped my stock one for Flowmaster 44 single and it definitely sounds better, you can always use it later if you upgrade to dual. I bought the muffler for 79 from American Muscle with free shipping, and local guy installed for 60 bucks, so right on your same budget.
How loud was it? My dad has a friend that owns a shop so I can get it installed for free! I just like the way flowmasters sound but don't have the money for dual exhaust right now:/

#5 · (Edited)
Stang02seth said:
How loud was it? My dad has a friend that owns a shop so I can get it installed for free! I just like the way flowmasters sound but don't have the money for dual exhaust right now:/
I like how it sounds. You can find videos on YouTube like this one, YouTube - ‪V6 Mustang Super 44‬‏, showing single flow master on v6mustang. It's not super loud but sounds a lot better than the stock did. If your dads friend has shop or can do it for free you won't be far off budget to add dual. I personally like flows sound. Everyone has own opinions. Comes down to budget and what sounds good to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.