What to do with my car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
What to do with my car?

So I have a '98 v6. I like it for a first car. This summer I'm working hardcore to pay it off and I wanna sell it in September or October and get an '01 v6. I'd like a V8 but insurance would be a little to much IMO. Well the girl I'm talking to might be getting a new camaro and I will not be able to stand having a gf with a car faster than mine. So if I got the '01 v6 is it possible to mod it to be faster than her camaro. Or should I get the GT cuz I know I can mod that to be faster with just bolt ons.
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: What to do with my car?

my insurance is 60 bucks a month and im 20 and have a cobra. liability only. i say get a v8
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Re: What to do with my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLandon View Post
So I have a '98 v6. I like it for a first car. This summer I'm working hardcore to pay it off and I wanna sell it in September or October and get an '01 v6. I'd like a V8 but insurance would be a little to much IMO. Well the girl I'm talking to might be getting a new camaro and I will not be able to stand having a gf with a car faster than mine. So if I got the '01 v6 is it possible to mod it to be faster than her camaro. Or should I get the GT cuz I know I can mod that to be faster with just bolt ons.
IMO, save up for a gt. you will be happier with it in the long run. you can definately mod the v6 to be faster, but it would take more money than its worth. I understand the insurance thing though...same situation with me.
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
See I have full coverage cuz my car has such low mileage and is really nice for it's age and stuff. I could get liability and I have definitely contemplated that but I live in KY were it snows bad and floods and hails, my car sits outside btw. So full coverage is important to me kinda.

Have you had any wrecks? Cuz your insurance is low. Like ridiculously low.
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
In the state of Maryland the insurance is higher. Depends on state and where u live. But trust me a v6 2001 mustang will need some money and invest to make that power to equal her
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: What to do with my car?

no wrecks. not any my fault at least lol
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
I'm 20 too and I pay 100 for a v6 I have nothing against me on my records
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
I realize I'd have to invest. Which is cool. My car is my passion. But I will not lose in a race to my gf. Thats just absurd. Haha
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
I'm 20 too and I pay 100 for a v6 I have nothing against me on my records
I would pay that also If I had liability
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
That 98 can be made u have the same power as 2001 stock the gears,split port are the difference.
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
That 98 can be made u have the same power as 2001 stock the gears,split port are the difference.
The split port is the big difference. And I like the body style better
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Greg687's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 126
Re: What to do with my car?

on a 98 what do you need to do a split port change? Just the intakes?
Greg687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Well you need the intake and a tune but your going to have to talk to someone else I never done it. But what her car hp I think its 300 right
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
Well you need the intake and a tune but your going to have to talk to someone else I never done it. But what her car hp I think its 300 right
315 stock I think. That's if she gets the V6. And god knows I'm not telling her to get the 8. Haha.
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Well you need to look to get h/c/I and adding a supercharger or tubro to get some power then you should be fine. Even a gt will need at least the h/c/I to gain some power
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #16
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: What to do with my car?

1. Convince her to trade her catfish for a real car.
2. You can now (confortably) drive her car around when ya'll are going out somewhere so the V6 isn't involved.
3. Save money for a GT.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
Well you need to look to get h/c/I and adding a supercharger or tubro to get some power then you should be fine. Even a gt will need at least the h/c/I to gain some power
H/c/l??
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #18
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: What to do with my car?

im going to go ahead and tell you the truth. you have no chance at that thing with a 01 v6 mustang. she will wax your a$$. you will need the v8 with mods and you might have a chance. those new camaros are like the new mustangs. they are ridiculously fast for a v6
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Head,cam,intake its more air in and fuel more power
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
1. Convince her to trade her catfish for a real car.
2. You can now (confortably) drive her car around when ya'll are going out somewhere so the V6 isn't involved.
3. Save money for a GT.
Id much rather drive my car than hers
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking
im going to go ahead and tell you the truth. you have no chance at that thing with a 01 v6 mustang. she will wax your a$$. you will need the v8 with mods and you might have a chance. those new camaros are like the new mustangs. they are ridiculously fast for a v6
I love the new mustangs. I wish I had a BOSS so bad. But with a modded GT I know I'd be more powerful.
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
I know someone who built a tubro mustang and it run 10 sec In the 1/4 mile so if you got time and money you can build them but if you want quick power v8 is the way to go
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #23
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: What to do with my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom View Post
I know someone who built a tubro mustang and it run 10 sec In the 1/4 mile so if you got time and money you can build them but if you want quick power v8 is the way to go
true. but he dont have the money to do that. he would need a different tranny and a fully built motor to do all that. it would be cheaper and make more sense to go with a v8 for power
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #24
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: What to do with my car?

the money that you would put into the V6 would pay for the insurance on a GT.. just sayin
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
I know i just want to know its possible. I know my car limit
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #26
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: What to do with my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
the money that you would put into the V6 would pay for the insurance on a GT.. just sayin
by the time you get that old 01 v6 enough power to take that new camaro you are going to spend several grand in parts. not including labor. new tranny. new suspension. rear end. its going to cost well into the thousands to make it a drivable vehicle that would beat the new camaro. just sayin
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
the money that you would put into the V6 would pay for the insurance on a GT.. just sayin
Very true
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
junoS197Bl08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 533
Re: What to do with my car?

I wld either get a gt, a 2011 v6 or get a new Girlfriend
__________________
2008 V6 Windveil Blue with 5spd standard transmission-pony package, replica rims, shorty antenna
junoS197Bl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking

by the time you get that old 01 v6 enough power to take that new camaro you are going to spend several grand in parts. not including labor. new tranny. new suspension. rear end. its going to cost well into the thousands to make it a drivable vehicle that would beat the new camaro. just sayin
Well when I decided to get the 01 I was just wanting the better engine and body. And gas. Yesterday she told me about the camaro and I was like hell no, you won't be faster than me.
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #30
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: What to do with my car?

you can get a v6 and go for it. but let us know how much you spent making it fast enough to beat the camaro. and i can assure you that your car wont be as reliable as the gt
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
shaqfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Region: Illinois
Posts: 390
Re: What to do with my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
my insurance is 60 bucks a month and im 20 and have a cobra. liability only. i say get a v8
liability only is not something I would recommend to anyone!
You wont get anything for your car if you wreck it, only the other car will be covered!
__________________

work in progress...
2002 v6, Dual Flowmasters, SCT SF3/X3 Tuner, AM CAI....
next up lowering, gears...
shaqfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by junoS197Bl08
I wld either get a gt, a 2011 v6 or get a new Girlfriend
I'd like the new v6. Gf def stays. To hot to get rid of
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking
you can get a v6 and go for it. but let us know how much you spent making it fast enough to beat the camaro. and i can assure you that your car wont be as reliable as the gt
I'll prolly get the GT to be honest. If my parents let me.
iLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #34
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: What to do with my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqfu View Post
liability only is not something I would recommend to anyone!
You wont get anything for your car if you wreck it, only the other car will be covered!
thats what liability is. and my car was so cheap im not going to pay 300 bucks a month for full coverage
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #35
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: What to do with my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLandon View Post
I'll prolly get the GT to be honest. If my parents let me.
just tell them its a v6 lol
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics of car with H&R springs and lowflyn's car SpectorV Pictures and Videos 13 04-01-2008 03:27 PM
1990 LX show car being auctioned off on ebay CHECK THIS CAR OUT! fordguy23 Mustangs for Sale and Wanted 0 10-11-2006 11:03 AM
Pics of the car with fresh coat of water less car wash SpectorV Mustang Audio & Video 22 02-23-2004 09:12 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:37 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.