Here's what I'm noodling and about to pull the trigger on:
Taking my beloved almost 100% stock 2000 V6 (w/ 180k miles) and..
- Converting to a '03 - '04 Cobra IRS w/ 3.55 gears and Eaton Detroit Locker Diff and the FullTiltBoogie bushing kit
- Cat-back exhaust compatible w/ the IRS (Borla XS?) w/ Cobra-style rear bumper for the exhaust outlets (no Cobra lettering)
- Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors
- Remove the spoiler (and the antenna)
- Machined 17x9 '03 Cobra wheels
Before the "why spend big money on an old V6" questions, I've owned this car since new, it's been very good to me and I love it. It's my daily driver, I could spend a lot of money on a new car, but I'd rather put it into this one.
- Great handling on these twisty Central PA mountain roads without sacrificing ride comfort too much
- Some subtle styling updates (NOT a Cobra clone)
- Saving the engine/transmission updates for later. V6 runs great for now.
- What do you think of the Borla exhaust on the V6? I know this is sacrilege, but I really want the quietest system I can find. I've seen comparison charts out there that rank the Borla as the quietest, and I like the sound of it from looking at YouTube videos.
- I don't necessarily want to lower the car. I don't mind the way it sits now, but will the IRS (assuming stock springs) sit lower than the SRA? Will I need to lower the front to make it look right?
- Any other thoughts?
Thanks a lot!