Mustang Evolution Forum banner

How to adjust clutch cable/argh help?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
00 mustang wouldn't start ealier today...Hopped in and got half of a crank out of her then she died off thought the battery was the problem. - took it out charged it up ( Nope ) still wouldnt even begin to crank over... I got her to start (idk how.... seriously was out there for a while messing under the hood) but refused to go into gear after she started, turned her off. put her in first and cranked on. lurched forward... but still refused to shift outa gear. Not 100% sure but would this problem be the clutch cable be either out of line or perhaps kinked?

only thing i can really think of it being? If any of you know it this is the case or whatever else i should try checking please inform me.

also how do i adjust the clutch cable besides the foot under the clutch pedal and pulling it up?

ty again

#3 ·
yea could be the linkage (cable or where the cable goes into the trans on the clutch fork).

The stock quadrant can be manually forced to adjust by putting one hand on the quadrant and the other on the clutch petal and push the clutch petal down. Hold the quadrant as you let out on the clutch and it clicks to pull slack out.

The quadrant is the white half moon looking thing above the gas petal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.