Loss power and overheat, jerking, please help!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #1

Loss power and overheat, jerking, please help!!!

I have a 2003 V6 mustang and the problem with the car is killing me since the engine light is not on and Ford dealer could not find what the problem was. All the readings are excellent. The engine gets too hot that almost impossible to touch anywhere near the engine, but does not overheat and the gages are all normal. There is a loss of power at times but not always. It seems to be running perfect night time, but during the day when the wheather is hot, loss of power is obvious. The car also starts jerking and idle not stable when waiting at the red light or something, but it does it for 2-3 seconds every minute or so and goes back to normal. When the car is in Park mode, it does not do it, only in Drive mode while I am pressing the brake at the same time. I changed the spark plugs, and wires, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter, battery. None of these worked. It feels like something is clogged up, I don't know...The engine runs very smooth and there are no leaks, smoke, smell or anything. This is driving me crazy, please help!!!
kevpar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #2

Region: North Carolina
Re: Loss power and overheat, jerking, please help!!!

Check your throttle body and EGR valve. It could be clogged. Is your Air/fuel ratio normal? Also have you checked your cooling system? If your engine is that hot you may have an internal cooling problem. Id get it flushed
nmaraijko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang

how many miles are on the vehicle? it sounds like a iat sensor is acting up, possible tps sensor. But if it was at ford i would hope they would have checked them. Maybe a cat is clogged. What engine code?? that would help me royally. also grab a can of seafoam anf fuel injection cleaner. thats cheap and u can do it yourself. It may help you idle issue.
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Not sure what your problem might be, but just a thought : due to hot exhaust manifolds, coolant through the radiator/etc ... the engine bay ought to be fairly hot to the touch, the block itself is probably around 200ish degrees after being run... the exhaust quite a bit more, any metal underhood is going to absorb heat...
Old 09-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Try checking your T-stat. I had similar when mine failed; although it wasn't much of a bucking it was more of a bog.

btw; mine is also an 03.
machoman013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang