429 swap - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: 429 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
Hey mr. i did 3 swaps, your swap was way more plausable then a 429 in a v6 so lets compare apples to apples here, and just admit that to do a swap like that would be a waste of money, and a headache.
+1

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #72
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Hey mr. i did 3 swaps, your swap was way more plausable then a 429 in a v6 so lets compare apples to apples here, and just admit that to do a swap like that would be a waste of money, and a headache.
I've done a dozen or may be even more swaps, all of which were "plausible" to me or the person having it done.
None of them were a waste of time or money to me, or the person having it done.
I have swapped 429/460 Ford engines into several vehicles. One was a 1965 Ford F100 that came out with a 6 cylinder. It turned out great, was pretty quick and a blast to drive. I ended up selling it for $2K over what I had invested, so the time, money and headache were worth it in the end.

Basically its his "time", his "money" and his "headache", so why does anyone else even care?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #73
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Alright I took some time away. And think about this and I'm ready to give another go at this... Sorry for anyone I offended. And hope I still fit in somehow.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #74
Road Trip!

Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout
Alright I took some time away. And think about this and I'm ready to give another go at this... Sorry for anyone I offended. And hope I still fit in somehow.
Welcome back
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

We dont care. They come up with all these crazy ideas that they are never going to do, so why post it? Its like those lil kids that got civics, "imma do a twin turbo set up and run 10's" no ur not so shut up. Some people talk just to hear themselves talk and try to be "one uppers", so ill be the 1st to bring them back to reality.
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #76
Road Trip!

Like your name? I wanna go fast???
Old 07-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #77
Road Trip!

How old are you anyways
Old 07-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #78
Road Trip!

And how is that everytime you get one here you sound like your ina bad mood?
Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #79
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast
We dont care. They come up with all these crazy ideas that they are never going to do, so why post it? Its like those lil kids that got civics, "imma do a twin turbo set up and run 10's" no ur not so shut up. Some people talk just to hear themselves talk and try to be "one uppers", so ill be the 1st to bring them back to reality.
Think your name should be changed to "dreamcrusher"
Old 07-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #80
Road Trip!

No he got the right name.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

I have swapped a lot of engines and I have rarely been disappointed. I never screwed with big blocks...

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav View Post
I have swapped a lot of engines and I have rarely been disappointed. I never screwed with big blocks...
but when you did those swaps, was a very similar engine designed to fit in there? such as a 5.4 in a 4.6 mustang

or a 5.8 in a 5.0 fox?

I see both sides here, where I was the sixxer wanting something unique and cool, where I got my inspiration from youtube.
However, what I didnt see was the sheer amount of time that wasnt shown in the video of putting that swap in, the thousands of dollars in parts to make it work, the custom fab work, etc.
So, MY advice is, if you have 10 k laying around, another car to dd and know everything its going to take to do it plus the knowledge to make it work, then sure, DO IT.
BUT... if its your dd and you dont have 10 k laying around and you dont know what the hell your doing, Save yourself the nightware of cutting up a perfectly good sixxer. Use the sixxer for what it was designed for.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

I have replaced I6 in a 67 Falcon wagon with a 351C, same with a 63 Ford F250... I was able to find junk yard parts to do the swap in the Falcon and I used a Transdapt adapter bellhousing and a universal 351C motor mount cross member in the truck that I bought from JC Whitney.... I replaced front springs (from donor Torino)in the wagon to maintain an acceptable ride height, the truck needed no suspension mods... Didn't spend a lot on either swap and they both worked well, but I wasn't putting a huge engine in a smaller car. I didn't know it but it turns out my Falcon swap was already a classic Australian muscle car by the time I built one...
Falcon Wagon, South Padre

F250 Milford Lake

Mom's donor Torino...

Old 07-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav View Post
I have replaced I6 in a 67 Falcon wagon with a 351C, same with a 63 Ford F250... I was able to find junk yard parts to do the swap in the Falcon and I used a Transdapt adapter bellhousing and a universal 351C motor mount cross member in the truck that I bought from JC Whitney.... I replaced front springs (from donor Torino)in the wagon to maintain an acceptable ride height, the truck needed no suspension mods... Didn't spend a lot on either swap and they both worked well, but I wasn't putting a huge engine in a smaller car. I didn't know it but it turns out my Falcon swap was already a classic Australian muscle car by the time I built one...
Falcon Wagon, South Padre

F250 Milford Lake

Mom's donor Torino...
Thats exactly what im talking about though, you knew EXACTLY what you were going to need, sounds like it wasnt your dd and if i'm correct, the falcon had both optional engines from the factory that were similar to the one you put in. Again, same with the truck, they had I-6 300 C.I. as well as the v-8's.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #85
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
but when you did those swaps, was a very similar engine designed to fit in there? such as a 5.4 in a 4.6 mustang

or a 5.8 in a 5.0 fox?

I see both sides here, where I was the sixxer wanting something unique and cool, where I got my inspiration from youtube.
However, what I didnt see was the sheer amount of time that wasnt shown in the video of putting that swap in, the thousands of dollars in parts to make it work, the custom fab work, etc.
So, MY advice is, if you have 10 k laying around, another car to dd and know everything its going to take to do it plus the knowledge to make it work, then sure, DO IT.
BUT... if its your dd and you dont have 10 k laying around and you dont know what the hell your doing, Save yourself the nightware of cutting up a perfectly good sixxer. Use the sixxer for what it was designed for.
It doesn't take thousands of dollars, prodigous amounts of time, or genius levels of knowledge to pull off a successful engine swap and it doesn't even matter if it is your daily driver if you can make other arrangements for transportation.

You start out with a dream or idea of what you want to do.
Then you begin figuring out how you are going to accomplish it.
Shop around for deals (Guy in another forums here just bought a small TC for $20 at a yard sale. Then he finds out it is worth $1500 = SCORE!) or trade work or other parts/items you may have for what you need.
Study on what you need to do, ask questions when you don't know what to do.
...and above all NEVER let anyone tell you you cannot do something.

4 & 6 cylinder vehicles have always been the prime candidates for engine swaps ever since the first V8 was built.
Isn't that what they made them for?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
Welcome back bro!
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #87
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
A Lot of people here are ****** bags they can dish it but not take it if you want to do it then do it. It may take years but know the output of your hard work us something you can be proud of
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #88
Road Trip!

I was jus going through hard times
Old 07-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #89
Road Trip!

Region: California
It's all good bro no need to explain glad to see you havnt left.
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #90
Road Trip!

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

OR my name could be something like "the_realistic_one". that works and wtf does my age have to do with anything?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #92
Road Trip!

Quote:
OR my name could be something like "the_realistic_one". that works and wtf does my age have to do with anything?
No. I like dreamcrusher
Old 07-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #93
Road Trip!

Quote:
Like I said always pissed
Old 07-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #94
Road Trip!

Quote:
You need to come back to reality. Ill bring you there. Anything is possible, and it takes jus a dream and some work to get there... I don't know where you get your illusions..
Old 07-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #95

Well this isn't my first engine swap rodeo but it is with this drastic of a change. All I wanna know at this point is can I use the engine mounts used to swap a BB into a foxbody on my 04. There aren't alot of parts resources for this swap. But I can't get away from the idea of having a 04 429 cobrajet.
luckychris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #96
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychris13 View Post
Well this isn't my first engine swap rodeo but it is with this drastic of a change. All I wanna know at this point is can I use the engine mounts used to swap a BB into a foxbody on my 04. There aren't alot of parts resources for this swap. But I can't get away from the idea of having a 04 429 cobrajet.
Maybe.
If you are going in to a V6 car, you should first swap out the V6 K-Member for a V8 K-Member.
Then take careful measurements to determine the height of the engine with a carb and air cleaner on it to ensure it will clear the hood when installed.
You may have to do some fabrication to lower the engine and make sure your driveline angle is correct.

There will be numerous obstacles to overcome, but it can be done.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya your right. I wanna gt. But it's hard to find one with good price, decent mileage, and that's been taken care of. I agree with you tho...
If your anywhere near Houston then there are a few GT's that are in the 14 to 17k range if that's possible for you.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #98
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPonyBoy

If your anywhere near Houston then there are a few GT's that are in the 14 to 17k range if that's possible for you.
That's a little cheaper... Might consider.. When I get myself financially stable... Jus moved
Old 07-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Quote:
You do always seem pissed have you thought about maybe some anger management classes? Haha dreamcrusher like my mama always said if you don't have anything nice to post don't post at all
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's a little cheaper... Might consider.. When I get myself financially stable... Jus moved
Yeah I gotcha. They have this really sick black one right now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3808193394.png
Views:	167
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	28924   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2159094305.png
Views:	156
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	28925  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-429716764.png
Views:	157
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	28926  
Old 07-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

I am not mad, anger management? Or yall could point in the direction of this fantasy world yall live in where anything is possible. Grow up Peter Pan and face the facts, this is a dumb ****in idea and gonna be more expensive then its worth
Old 07-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #102
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
I am not mad, anger management? Or yall could point in the direction of this fantasy world yall live in where anything is possible. Grow up Peter Pan and face the facts, this is a dumb ****in idea and gonna be more expensive then its worth
If you are not going to contribute anything else other than constantly telling him and everyone else that it is dumb then please move on and stop cluttering up his thread. You have made your point quite clear.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

If you are not going to contribute anything else other than constantly telling him and everyone else that it is dumb then please move on and stop cluttering up his thread. You have made your point quite clear.
+10000
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

I have an acquaintance who put a Cadillac engine and automatic transmission in a postal jeep... He stretched the wheelbase by pushing the front axle forward, he switched it back to left hand drive, found a narrowed Ford 9 inch and put wheelie bars and a roll bar on it. He painted it red, white and blue. It was a little on the crude side but not bad, it was no daily driver but was reliable enough for road trips...

You might say, "Why would you put a Cadillac engine in a Jeep?" It was this guys dream and it came true. It didn't cost a lot of money, but it did take time and a garage.. If a guy is mechanically inclined and uses a little imagination, almost anything is possible...

Old 07-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Quote:
It's going to be spendy, but that pride and being-able to step back and say I did this, people said I couldn't is worth a million bucks my friend
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang