03 v6 rear brakes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
TaylorF25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 296
03 v6 rear brakes

My rear brakes on my 03 v6 need to be replaced, I had the pads just want to know how hard they are to change. Also any tips/ tricks would be great.
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Not too bad. Maybe a hour or two. Make sure u install everything nice and tight. Bleed brakes and back to the road are you still stock?
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
Not too bad. Maybe a hour or two. Make sure u install everything nice and tight. Bleed brakes and back to the road are you still stock?
Actually as long as he leaves the bleeder screw alone there is no need to bleed the brakes
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
TaylorF25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 296
Yes everything is stock I just haven't changed brakes on this car before
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorF25
Yes everything is stock I just haven't changed brakes on this car before
If you have basic knowledge of tools then it will be easy for you. Just make sure to grease the slide pins. And your caliper should be the style you twist to push back in
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: 03 v6 rear brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
If you have basic knowledge of tools then it will be easy for you. Just make sure to grease the slide pins. And your caliper should be the style you twist to push back in
Which means you will need a tool of some sort to get them back in.

I went to a local auto parts store and bought the little box style brake tool (It's a square with several sets of raised dots and such).
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

Which means you will need a tool of some sort to get them back in.

I went to a local auto parts store and bought the little box style brake tool (It's a square with several sets of raised dots and such).
I just used a monkey wrench but whatever works
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorF25
My rear brakes on my 03 v6 need to be replaced, I had the pads just want to know how hard they are to change. Also any tips/ tricks would be great.
I just used the old pads and a wench tu push the calipers back in on mine. Haha
will21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
TaylorF25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 296
Thanks everyone I'm going to buy the pads and attempt to change them.
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ordering 12 mustang v6. need opinions SoFlo Mustang 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 17 07-05-2011 09:02 AM
2006 GT Stock Bullit 17x8 -> 2002 Mustang v6 FghtinIrshNvrDi Mustang Wheels & Tires 6 06-27-2011 10:29 AM
01 Mustang V6 having issues Mustanglife Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 29 06-25-2011 11:33 AM
V6 is back to life :) sickV6 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 5 06-24-2011 08:31 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:52 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.