could use a little help here. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
could use a little help here.

Ok so Im new to this site and already have a few questions.

1. I am thinking about putting a Ford Racing Crate 306 GT40 engine in to my 2004 40th anniversary Mustang. I currently have the 3.9L V6. What fabs would I have to do to my engine bay to accommidate the 306?

2. I am also replacing my headlights. I have been contemplating putting in the new X-GEN 8 LED head lights in, but I have heard that they tend to short out a lot. Does anyone know if this is true?

3. Also thinking about switching over to dual side exit exhaust. I've heard that it is more bennifical than a normal dual exhaust. I want to know if it does.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
wereKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 1,863
Re: could use a little help here.

This sounds like a TexasBoneking set of questions to me.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Well I just found a 302 crate engine making arround 375hp for about $5370. Do you think that this would be a better engine to work with than the 306 GT40 engine?
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Hid are way better get them and you will love them and dual exhaust is the way to go for power and sound
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

So HID is better than the LED headlights, and it is true about the side exit exhaust. Thanks for the info.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Yeah hid are nice and the side exhaust doesn't make more power just has a different place where the sounds goes
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Oh ok. Thanks for the input.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Yeah a great place is hid nation to buy and if u need any help I'm around
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Ok. Thanks man.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: could use a little help here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyStang View Post
Well I just found a 302 crate engine making arround 375hp for about $5370. Do you think that this would be a better engine to work with than the 306 GT40 engine?
What is with all the engine swap threads lately. Lol. Youd need a new tranny, rear end, wiring, computer, suspension, etc...

Youre probably looking at 20k when all is said and done. Yall need to stop dreaming. No offense. Just save for a gt or a used cobra if power is what your after
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Well I would like to make more power with my V6, but I havn't found too many parts. I know a couple of guys that have made 400+ hp off their V6, but they spend a whole lot of money doing it.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: could use a little help here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyStang View Post
Well I would like to make more power with my V6, but I havn't found too many parts. I know a couple of guys that have made 400+ hp off their V6, but they spend a whole lot of money doing it.
Well what are you looking to spend? I'm guessing you have at least 5k since you're looking at a new crate motor. A Turbo setup will get you 325-350rwhp fairly easy.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Yeah I got about $5,600 to spend.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
cakedout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 54
Im in the same position man..I have a 99 35th anny with 56k on it..What state do you live in?
cakedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #15
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyStang
Ok so Im new to this site and already have a few questions.

1. I am thinking about putting a Ford Racing Crate 306 GT40 engine in to my 2004 40th anniversary Mustang. I currently have the 3.9L V6. What fabs would I have to do to my engine bay to accommidate the 306?

2. I am also replacing my headlights. I have been contemplating putting in the new X-GEN 8 LED head lights in, but I have heard that they tend to short out a lot. Does anyone know if this is true?

3. Also thinking about switching over to dual side exit exhaust. I've heard that it is more bennifical than a normal dual exhaust. I want to know if it does.
Think we went over it but you will not want to put that engine in your car if you ever want to get it inspected...

Rear exit Exeter and side exit exhaust puts the same power out. Just pick what looks best to you.
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Well right now Im in Afghanistan, when Im in the states Im stationed in Louisiana, but Im getting out of the army in like 6 months and moving back to Cali.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #17
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771

What is with all the engine swap threads lately. Lol. Youd need a new tranny, rear end, wiring, computer, suspension, etc...

Youre probably looking at 20k when all is said and done. Yall need to stop dreaming. No offense. Just save for a gt or a used cobra if power is what your after
Dude its cheap if you know where to get parts. You don't need to buy the most expensive things. You can make a v6 to a v8 with t45 tranny for under 4 grand easy. I've done it before.
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #18
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyStang
Well right now Im in Afghanistan, when Im in the states Im stationed in Louisiana, but Im getting out of the army in like 6 months and moving back to Cali.
Come through tx and I'll hook you up
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Sure will. When I move back to Cali I take the 10 the whole way
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jamesgt08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking

Dude its cheap if you know where to get parts. You don't need to buy the most expensive things. You can make a v6 to a v8 with t45 tranny for under 4 grand easy. I've done it before.
You can do it for less than 4 grand lol.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jamesgt08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyStang
Sure will. When I move back to Cali I take the 10 the whole way
Then u go up 35 to get to cleborne lol
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #22
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08

You can do it for less than 4 grand lol.
Yes. Done it before and will do it again. Now we are only talking drive train. No suspension or brakes or any other mods. Just engine and tranny
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Oh hell yeah. Think Im gonna go that route then.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Plus it help when you resell the original engine and tranny
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Lol well I live in San Bernardino.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Sounds like the most possible option to me. Lol
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jamesgt08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,361
I bought a 93 ford ranger with a 4 cylinder manual. But it had cracked head. So ima pull it out and find a 4.6 mustang engine and 5 spd tranny and rear end and make me a mustang ranger for less than 4 grand.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Wow bad ***.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #29
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08
I bought a 93 ford ranger with a 4 cylinder manual. But it had cracked head. So ima pull it out and find a 4.6 mustang engine and 5 spd tranny and rear end and make me a mustang ranger for less than 4 grand.
That would be a sleeper lol
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #30
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Well what u wanna do sounds like a killer project. There's nothin better then to pull up in sumthin that ppl don't understand...and once u smoke em in what they thought u were riding the look on their faces are what u would call a Kodak moment hehe. Final thought do what u want ur cash ur car. That's what make it urs.
rowe_jluengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

Of course. Mine of course is going to be a unique Stang, considering I havn't seen any Stangs set up like I'm gonna set it up.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jamesgt08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,361
Yepp ima have a sleeper truck. Lol. Its my project for now. Im lookin for the engibe and tranny. Ill probably have to make a custom driveshaft. I cant wait till i finish it. Ill take pics of my truck tomorrow.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #33
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08
Yepp ima have a sleeper truck. Lol. Its my project for now. Im lookin for the engibe and tranny. Ill probably have to make a custom driveshaft. I cant wait till i finish it. Ill take pics of my truck tomorrow.
Don't make one... Get it made. Driveshafts are more complex than you would think. Three rivers in tx can do it I'm sure
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #34
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyStang
Of course. Mine of course is going to be a unique Stang, considering I havn't seen any Stangs set up like I'm gonna set it up.
Just keep in mind getting it inspected... Especially since your going to Cali
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Re: could use a little help here.

That is gonna be a bad *** Ranger. I'm also gonna work on making my wife's 04 Focus sedan into a sleeper. Already looking for a Focus Saleen engine and tranny to put in it.
ArmyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:47 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.