Capable hp? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
These v6 have power but the weight is too much. That why mpg aren't great and takes so long to get fast
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #107
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking

Dude. With head swap and other mods you listed 255 rwhp is nothing to brag about...

Honestly to me you sound like a Honda civic driver stuck in a mustang...
Damn brutal!!!!!
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Capable hp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart4355 View Post
Yup..that's right...I know jack about the car I built over the last 3 years and researched the **** out of before I bought any parts. Oh and I guess the dyno lied too...

My offer stands...infact come on up to Winnipeg and we'll drive out to Dufresne and I'll have Brian put it back on the dyno just for you....but be prepared to eat a little crow...
Not sure about Canada but in America we have printers and scanners. How about you upload your dyno sheet. Your arguments are stupid and childish. Anybody can throw out claims but until you back it up its complete bull****. Congrats on building an amazing v6 that can almost keep up with a gt
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #109
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771

Not sure about Canada but in America we have printers and scanners. How about you upload your dyno sheet. Your arguments are stupid and childish. Anybody can throw out claims but until you back it up its complete bull****. Congrats on building an amazing v6 that can almost keep up with a gt
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
I thought you'd like that
Old 07-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:

Lol. USA USA!
But Jesus you guys are harsh. I'm with Texas on this. I drive a v6 and am not gonna bother modding it out alot cause I know in a few years I'm buying a v8. They are the real cars if you want speed
bradh2414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart4355

Sorry bud..the best answer I can give you is do the research on your own. But first decide what it is you want your car to do. Like I said earlier, you can get some nice gains using either Super Six Motorsports or Tom Morana's goodies for the engine. But only you can decide how fast you want to go and ultimately how much you want to spend.
Hince the reason I was on this post. Doing research and getting ideas. That is the point of forums isnt it? Or was I mislead?
Mustanglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking

Dude. With head swap and other mods you listed 255 rwhp is nothing to brag about...

Honestly to me you sound like a Honda civic driver stuck in a mustang...
First don't call me dude please. My name is Shawn. Considering the car stock was 193 hp at the flywheel...255 hp at the rear wheels is pretty damn nice considering my overall cost is still less than what a GT would have cost me at the same time. Will my next car be a V8...you bet! Am I happy with my return on money spent...you bet! With that did I spend that kind of money all at once..no..I did a little bit at a time..excluding the cam, roller rockers and heads, which I did when I came into some money...after I paid the car off. As a parent and a home owner I can't afford to spend huge amounts of money all at once..each mod was done to improve things as I went..not seeing much of a gain until the major engine work was done and it was all dialed in with the dyno tune.

Funny how you don't see me slamming you as a Ford Tech...cause In my time I've see far too many who couldn't diagnose **** on one of their own products...I simply was trying to show what can be achieved with a v6....I stand behind my car...just as I'm sure you stand behind yours....

My offer stands..you REALLY don't believe it...put your money where your mouth is..get on a plane and come see for yourself....
Blackheart4355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

I have an 04 that cost me $12000 three years ago...a Cobra here like yours would have been between 13 and 15k here at the time....
Old 07-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh2414

Lol. USA USA!
But Jesus you guys are harsh. I'm with Texas on this. I drive a v6 and am not gonna bother modding it out alot cause I know in a few years I'm buying a v8. They are the real cars if you want speed
You dont have to have a v8 to have "real speed." Hell, my mitsubishi evo 8 was a 4 cyl putting 350hp to all 4 wheels after installer a larger turbo, piping, intercooler, and getting a dyno. Light weight and neck snapping quickness from a 4cyl? That cant be, its not a v8!! Lmao.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #116
Road Trip!

Quote:

First don't call me dude please. My name is Shawn. Considering the car stock was 193 hp at the flywheel...255 hp at the rear wheels is pretty damn nice considering my overall cost is still less than what a GT would have cost me at the same time. Will my next car be a V8...you bet! Am I happy with my return on money spent...you bet! With that did I spend that kind of money all at once..no..I did a little bit at a time..excluding the cam, roller rockers and heads, which I did when I came into some money...after I paid the car off. As a parent and a home owner I can't afford to spend huge amounts of money all at once..each mod was done to improve things as I went..not seeing much of a gain until the major engine work was done and it was all dialed in with the dyno tune.

Funny how you don't see me slamming you as a Ford Tech...cause In my time I've see far too many who couldn't diagnose **** on one of their own products...I simply was trying to show what can be achieved with a v6....I stand behind my car...just as I'm sure you stand behind yours....

My offer stands..you REALLY don't believe it...put your money where your mouth is..get on a plane and come see for yourself....
Then you were not answering his question

It's not cost efficient to make a v6 push 400 when a simple blower on a v8 can do it. That's what he was wondering
Old 07-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

193 not at flywheel. Think before you write
Old 07-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #118
Road Trip!

Saying at flywheel is also ricer talk. Most ppl on here will agree with me
Old 07-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have an 04 that cost me $12000 three years ago...a Cobra here like yours would have been between 13 and 15k here at the time....
12k on a v6??? U got ****ed. I paid 7k for mine when it was 2 yrs old
Old 07-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

I got mine for 3000 lol
Old 07-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom View Post
I got mine for 3000 lol
Yeah but it was a lot older than 2 years with more miles i bet
Old 07-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #122
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Bought my 99 Cobra for $10.5 4 yrs ago.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

With 100 k miles and a 2001 two years ago
Old 07-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

12k on a v6??? U got ****ed. I paid 7k for mine when it was 2 yrs old
Tiger fan...cars in Canada cost more...more cars are sold in California than in our whole country. Hence we pay more...plus at the time our dollar was not at par unlike now where the Canadian dollar is worth more....
Old 07-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanglife

You dont have to have a v8 to have "real speed." Hell, my mitsubishi evo 8 was a 4 cyl putting 350hp to all 4 wheels after installer a larger turbo, piping, intercooler, and getting a dyno. Light weight and neck snapping quickness from a 4cyl? That cant be, its not a v8!! Lmao.
For a non-jap car it is. Plus we're on a mustang forum and that's what I meant. Real speed in a stang = v8.
And I'm not a cocky v8 owner saying this. I drive a 98 v6
bradh2414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tiger fan...cars in Canada cost more...more cars are sold in California than in our whole country. Hence we pay more...plus at the time our dollar was not at par unlike now where the Canadian dollar is worth more....
Damn well that sucks. Glad i dont live in canada.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh2414

For a non-jap car it is. Plus we're on a mustang forum and that's what I meant. Real speed in a stang = v8.
And I'm not a cocky v8 owner saying this. I drive a 98 v6
Hince the reason I am asking questions about my mustang on here. Not my evo. Either way, got my point across. But, as it stands, I was offerd a gt block with all gaskets for $100.00. Not gonna get my hopes up like I did with that cobra motor offer. I go see the block on sunday. Here's hoping
Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanglife

Hince the reason I am asking questions about my mustang on here. Not my evo. Either way, got my point across. But, as it stands, I was offerd a gt block with all gaskets for $100.00. Not gonna get my hopes up like I did with that cobra motor offer. I go see the block on sunday. Here's hoping
Not going to disagree with that...however my point was that descent power can be made with an N/A V6. If one adds a supercharger or turbo setup to a built V6....it is quite amazing what can be accomplished.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not going to disagree with that...however my point was that descent power can be made with an N/A V6. If one adds a supercharger or turbo setup to a built V6....it is quite amazing what can be accomplished.
Of this I am aware, was replying to someone elses comment. I wanted to build up my v6, but what I wanted to accomplish can be accomplished much cheaper on a v8

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang