Mechanic - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #1

Mechanic

is changing the clutch on a v6 easy or is there a lot of work into that..
Chuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Mechanic

It's not all that bad if you have any kind of mechanical abilities. It is a good bit easier with some help though.

Where are you from? Someone on here may be close and might be willing to lend a hand.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yea not that bad. I u have a friend that can help you drop the tranny that would be good.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuto
Im from Long Beach.. im just tired of spending a lot of maney and taking it to dumb mechanics and and three months later the clutch is bad
Old 07-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

get yourself a service manual and review it. most car repairs are not hard but can be time consuming and require special tools. clutches on these cars aren't that bad.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuto View Post
Im from Long Beach.. im just tired of spending a lot of maney and taking it to dumb mechanics and and three months later the clutch is bad
I had the same thought process as few years back and changed over to doing all of my own work for that exact reason. figured I could program computers, I should be able to turn a wrench or two.

Clutch isn't too bad and doesn't take any real special tools. Just some long extensions.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

I had the same thought process as few years back and changed over to doing all of my own work for that exact reason. figured I could program computers, I should be able to turn a wrench or two.

Clutch isn't too bad and doesn't take any real special tools. Just some long extensions.
Some long extensions and alot of f words and s words and any other word to get those top bolts. Lol
Old 07-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I find the top starter bolt is the hardest to get...but only the first time because it never went back on the car. lol

The top trans bolts are not hard for me but, my trans is a 2 piece so it's easier to get to top bell housing bolts when there's no trans in the way.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom
I find the top starter bolt is the hardest to get...but only the first time because it never went back on the car. lol

The top trans bolts are not hard for me but, my trans is a 2 piece so it's easier to get to top bell housing bolts when there's no trans in the way.
Oh yea that dam top starter bolt was a pain. I took it off but it never went back on my car either lol.

Well wen my car was auto the top bolts were real hard to get out. But once i put the 5 spd in the top bolts were way easier.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuto
Thanks guys. Very helpful tips and knowledge. Ill check into everything and maybe ill do it myself

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang