VMP 4.0 Power Packages - up to 25RWHP gain - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
VMP 4.0 Power Packages - up to 25RWHP gain

I have finally finished my low cost 4.0L power packages. Gains of 25RWHP and 20RWTQ are possible with the complete package:

You can purchase the complete package from our site, or individual parts.

At the heart of the package is VMP's custom programmed SCT X-Cal2 flash tuner. The X2 will hold up to 3 custom tunes. Most customers go with 91-93 perf, 87 perf, and 87 mileage, however it can be ordered with any combination of tune files. I don't believe in tune "hype". A true race tune is one that requires race fuel, my premium fuel tunes give you all possible power, there is no need for a seperate "race" and "street" tune while using premium fuel. Throttle response is improved greatly. The 115mph speed limiter is removed (though the 4.0 driveshaft is known to fail at high speeds). The fan is turned on at a lower temperature to keep the engine cooler, this keeps the car from getting as heat soaked and sluggish in traffic. If you have an auto the shift pressure and shift points are set up for a more performance oriented feel. Typical gains are 7-12RWHP and 7-12RWTQ with just the premium fuel tune. Cost is $399. We can tune for any aftermarket intake.

The next component is VMP's low cost intake, in testing we found the stock rubber inlet tube is not a restriction, the main restriction is the factory airbox (with maf housing built into the lid). We replace this part with a 3" ID maf housing and high flow cone filter. Gains are 6-7RWHP. Other intakes may claim more but can't provide dyno results. I have tested most of the intakes on the market, and they all produce very similar power numbers, but no higher than 6-7RWHP. Cost $105.

Intake gains:

Intake picture:

For those that want the look of a full intake and heat shield you may buy the full C&L intake kit from us for $275 ($625 with an X-Cal2). We have a unique option that no one else in the industry offers, you can buy the $99 VMP intake now, and upgrade to the C&L inlet tube and heat shield at a later date for $199 (no tune change required).

The last component is a GT Muffler, it is a direct bolt in for the 05+ V6 cars. We have seen gains of 10-12RWHP from the muffler alone. We have seen no gains from dual exhaust on NA cars. The muffler is slightly louder and has a polished 3" SS tip. Cost $79.

GT Muffler gains:

All of the package components can be purchased for the discounted price of $599 shipped here.
Justin Starkey
2007 Shelby GT500 705RWHP/708RWTQ
2000 Mustang 3.8 A4 TT 450RWHP/475RWTQ 10.996@127 17psi stock 3.8
2006 F250 CC 4x4 6.0L 14.3 @ 93
2006 Mustang 4.0 M5 Vortech 13psi 395RWHP/374RWTQ wife's car
justin00stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang