What are you bumping? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: What are you bumping?

I love fosgate's newer stuff. All I'll use in my rides for amps is Rockford and RE. I've had numerous JL products, but for the cost vs quality there are much much better options.

All I have in the stang now is a two sets of kenwood components. With kids and needing my trunk space my 2 alpine 12" type r's and an RE amp with 1600+ watts at 1ohm (that's RMS! Not peak! For those who don't understand amp ratings that's the real power not an over-inflated crap number that you usually see on the front of most amps) had to go.

I still run a rockford 12" P3 and rockford t300.2 (946 watts rms via birthsheet) in my wifes explorer. The amp is set quite low as the sub only has a 500 watt RMS rating.
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

I have a clarion cz500 single din 50x4
Infinity speakers with crossover
2 kicker 10's. With a sound ordinance 700 watt mono amp.
The subs are in the truck and I still have room for my golf clubs.
Car will be out from the dealership on Monday I will post you guys a picture.
goherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Here you go. This is what my trunk looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-291718040.png
Views:	52
Size:	765.2 KB
ID:	31041  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: What are you bumping?

Looks good. I seem to have grown out of the earth shattering bass, but I still love a good rich sounding system. I figure my six is slow enough, no sense in adding 250lbs extra for the motor to pull along.

I do miss watching the doors and windows flex.
I broke my focus with a demo. I was at work and one of my employees wanted to hear it. At the time I was runing 4 rockford T3's and two rockford3000.1bd's. Gas tank straps busted and it dropped right out, and the rearview mirror busted off and broke the passenger side window. Also managed to break numerous plastic clips in the rear hatch. Ahh the good old days
Old 08-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Wow that us loud. I have my amp turned down just to give it a nice sound. Don't need a head shaker.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
Looks good. I seem to have grown out of the earth shattering bass, but I still love a good rich sounding system. I figure my six is slow enough, no sense in adding 250lbs extra for the motor to pull along.

I do miss watching the doors and windows flex.
I broke my focus with a demo. I was at work and one of my employees wanted to hear it. At the time I was runing 4 rockford T3's and two rockford3000.1bd's. Gas tank straps busted and it dropped right out, and the rearview mirror busted off and broke the passenger side window. Also managed to break numerous plastic clips in the rear hatch. Ahh the good old days
That's crazy. In high-school a Guy had an explorer with tons of subs and amps I forgot how many but he would be about a mile from campus and coach would be calling role and we,d here and feel him coming. One day drove down my street and pictures fell off the walls.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang