Help please!!! Eng codes!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Help please!!! Eng codes!!

I've got a 2000 v6 , 174000 miles, cold air intake, dual exhaust. I had a plug that was broken for the AIR system and I fixed it but now it's throwing a p0412 code. I thought it was the relay in the engine comp fusebox. Replaced it and still there. Now it's throwing an o2 sensor bank one code. (p0153 I think) I can't for the life of me figure out the problem but it's defiantly affecting my car. It feels like its hesitating, slow to accelerate til about 3500 rpms and occasional sucky mpgs. Also sounds like there's a rattle in my exhaust ( pass side ) by the cat pipe and it pops out of the driverside pipe when coming down from revving. Any ideas cause I'm lost?????
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Check your "control relay" i had similar things happening with my Gt. Idk where it is on the V6 but it was in the passenger fender of my Gt. It was a pain in the *** to get to. But this module controls your fuel pump, a/c and alot of other things.

Does it ever just die randomly when takin out of gear or anytime the rpms drop?

And you have a lot of miles on that thing, it could just be really really tired lol but then again my V6 died at about 245k
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

every once in a while when I put it in gear the rpms drop to about 400 or 500 but never dies out. My airpump is in the passenger fenderwell also so I wonder if that's where mine is. Do you know what kind of relay it is or how much? And why would this cause an o2 sensor code??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgerow12
every once in a while when I put it in gear the rpms drop to about 400 or 500 but never dies out. My airpump is in the passenger fenderwell also so I wonder if that's where mine is. Do you know what kind of relay it is or how much? And why would this cause an o2 sensor code??
That relay ran about $250 from Ford. You can probably find it cheeper for the V6. It basically controls your fuel pump, which could cause it to maybe die or idle really low. Mine would just flat out die while driving or parked, but only when the rpms were droping back to an idle.

Call Ford and tell them whats happening and they will probably know what relay you need or what the problem is. But i would take it to a shop and have it diagnosed. Atleast that way you will know what to buy and you wont be replacing parts that are good.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
U can just bring it to like auto zone r something like that n they can do a diagnostic test free of charge
96civic87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yup I already did that plus I got my own obd reader and I'm stumped. I'm just trying to figure out the issue without buying unnecessary parts and doing unnecessary work and this site has helped alot so I figured I'd ask to see of others have had this problem. I'm not too sure that it's the PCM but I do think I may have an exhaust leak somewhere because you can hear it on the pass side of the engine bay( new manifold as of 06/10 ) Mabye the gasket didn't seat right
Old 09-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I had a problems a while back my stang would sputter n idle ruff n would act like i was losing power i looked under the hood n my air intake sensor wasnt pluged all the way so im asuming it might have gotten wet. I cleaned it off n havent had aproblem since that was over 2 years ago
96civic87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Might explain the rough running but doesn't explain the codes

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang