Mustang question 2008 v6 concern? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Mustang question 2008 v6 concern?

I have a v6 mustang 2008 23000 miles I haven't had no issues at all for the last week I had it, i literally love my new stang, the car is used. My issue is slow acceleration and a unsmooth ride. Gas is also consumed quiclky. No Vibrations or shakes it just doesn't cruise on smooth surface road. Yes the tires have recommended pressure, yes Theres tread i did the penny test and it covered half of Lincoln's head. I've listened to the car when driving and starting and there's no weird sounds or nothing that can be seen or felt. The car accelerates fast but it just feels slow like something's holding it back. Checked all fluids there fine oil change was done recently. I believe it's the tires there are phirellis which I never had always had michellin.

Someone please give me some insight Here. I don't have money for Mechanical services they charge to much must for a diagnostics test. I'm in school and have a mortgage and family.if its tires i will have to save up, but im not sure if it is or not.

I bought it from a small dealer ship carfax stated no major issues.
Cell2071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
is this your first stang?
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143
is this your first stang?
No it's my second had a 2000 v6 and I love it to but I got more gas mileage and smoother ride with that one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Mustang question 2008 v6 concern?

I'm not real familiar with pirelli tires, but i know a lot of the tire companies will use a soft tread for the outer layer, then about 1/2 way through they switch to a harder rubber to increase mileage of the tire. Goodyear is good for doing this. Depending on what "covers up have of linclon's head" is, they could be getting low on tread. Lincoln's hairline is about 2/32 (wore out) so about 1/2 way over his head would be only 4/32. Getting close and into the harder rubber. Its not likely this would cause much of a notice in mpg (harder rubber would actually improve it), it could have a little to do with ride comfort. Then you have the possibility of a previous owner beating the crap out of it or putting different shocks and struts on it, making the ride a little more rough.

Do you take the car to a shop to have the oil changed? If so, most shops offer a free inspection (at least around me) and could tell you if it looks like anything was done to the suspension. What kind of mileage are you getting?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #5

That's a really good point thanks. Um I can't tell how many miles yet still finishing the second tank of gas. I'll get back to you on that. I have been thinking about taking it to a shop I'm still looking for a non chain retail good reputable shop that's local. I was thinking about taking it to a ford dealer because all they know is fords and the tech can be quicker to spot things out maybe depending on who it is. I don't know yet I just got a hutch it's the tires had a lot of experience with tires on my older vehicles then I would change the tires and smooth ride but as you know tires are investment. I don't want used tires my stang has a pressure sensor so I don't want some idiot doesn't know what he's doing.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Mustang question 2008 v6 concern?

For $7.00 a piece, I would get two cans of Seafoam. Put one full can in gas tank, use the second can to clean out upper intake manifold while engine is running. "How To" videos are on you-tube. Always good to replace fuel filter as often as recommended by Ford.
I bet this solves most or all issues.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang