New gaskets - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #1

Region: Wisconsin
New gaskets

Just bought a 99 mustang 3.8 and it needs a new gasket in the manifold. How much should I pay for that to get done.
MCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Pay for the gasket....(which manifold) and do it yourself.....if its the exhaust manifold then that gasket for our car is like 20 bucks....I don't recall the intake one though ....but you can order them from autozone or just about any other auto parts store for that matter

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
If you pay to have it done you'll pay for the gasket and I would guess about two hours labor. Labor will vary from area to area but $50.00-$70.00 per hour likely in the ballpark. Neither manifold gasket is too difficult with aid of a manual. Haynes or chiltons are both good and usually available at your local parts store.
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
If you pay to have it done you'll pay for the gasket and I would guess about two hours labor. Labor will vary from area to area but $50.00-$70.00 per hour likely in the ballpark. Neither manifold gasket is too difficult with aid of a manual. Haynes or chiltons are both good and usually available at your local parts store.
I was just at autozone and the haunts manual is only 25....I don't know about the chiltons though....I've had a Haynes for every car I've had....they come in handy for everything

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang