Pro chamber benefits? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Pro chamber benefits?

Ok so I'm new to muscle cars but not cars all together. My background is more in the tuner world of hondas since that was one of my first cars... Also got into trucks as I have a 99 dodge ram with a 318 but I have never heard of a pro chamber and couldn't find much info on them up here other than they sound amazing. Is there any performance benefits to them over the seemingly identical H-X pipes?
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
There most likely is not a performance difference you will notice from a mac chamber versus another offroad x or h pipe. On a v8 The x pipe will give off a rapier higher toned exhaust note and a h pipe will have a deeper growl. I don't have experience with the v6 exhaust though. Many on here do and they should chime in!
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Pro chamber benefits?

The science behind the pro chambers is that the exhaust gas pulses are equalized, as well as heated up to push the cooler gases out quicker...whether that bit of thermodynamics is true or not is beyond me...most people buy them for the sound and what is believed to be improved power.

It might be worth doing if you have a v8...as far as the v6's go I wouldn't bother spending the extra cash...our v6's are even firing so the exhaust pulsations aren't balanced hence the reason why we don't have that nice thumping rumble the v8's have.

Exhaust on the v6's is mainly done for sound improvement...the power gain is minimal to slight based on what you change.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ok so I need to check out the you tube on those. Not much to be gained from a performance angle... Now what about mufflers? Flow master 10-20-30-40-50-60-70-80-150bagillion! I think i have a 40 on my truck. And it sounds great but that's also a v8... What do those numbers represent? I know they are different models and are going to sound different but is there any science to them?
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang