Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1999 silver anniversary edition

9K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  grossnickle6612 
#1 ·
I mad be getting one this Saturday. The title says its been totaled but from the pics I've been sent it looks like they have repaired it and seems to LOOK fine. Any pointers before I get it. Keep in mind I'm trading my black 01 eclipse that has been wrecked too " by my cousin" that has been repaired. The stang has 170,xxx miles and the eclipse had 153,xxx. Let me know what everyone thinks.

#3 ·
there is no special anniversary edition that year, just all cars are anniversary cars for 99~ at least no package for the V6, the GT had a packet offered though.

being wrecked you had best get it checked out and have the frame checked to ensure its tracking straight and the car wears its tires good and no crappy "fixes" were done to any of it. Get a 3rd party mechanic you trust to inspect the car fully top to bottom, plus it cant be worth much since its been wrecked so dont over pay especially with 150+k on it

#6 ·
i agree with everything mentioned. body lines can tell you if the frame is bent as well, but hard to say depending on the job of the body shop sometimes. i would find out the exact extent of damage and see if they used OEM parts or aftermarket, which is usually the cheaper route. check tire tread, undercarriage for leaks... and make sure to test everything inside the car when you drive it. A/C, heater, lights, cruise control, etc. i'd also find out if anything mechanical was replaced on the car not involving the wreck... going to all come down to if you feel like the car is of the same value as your current one. good luck!

#8 ·
04TRV6 said:
i agree with everything mentioned. body lines can tell you if the frame is bent as well, but hard to say depending on the job of the body shop sometimes. i would find out the exact extent of damage and see if they used OEM parts or aftermarket, which is usually the cheaper route. check tire tread, undercarriage for leaks... and make sure to test everything inside the car when you drive it. A/C, heater, lights, cruise control, etc. i'd also find out if anything mechanical was replaced on the car not involving the wreck... going to all come down to if you feel like the car is of the same value as your current one. good luck!
Thanks for telling me more things to look for.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

grossnickle6612 said:
If I decide to get this car, what should be any upgrades if any!
As far a I know it just has rims and it's an automatic.

#9 ·
grossnickle6612 said:
Thanks for telling me more things to look for.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

As far a I know it just has rims and it's an automatic.
Here are some more pics of it.
I guess the paint on the passenger side door is what I'm not to sure of. Any pointers on that?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.