Major Frustration - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Major Frustration

Cars been acting up lately, i dont even drive it very often. Started with a squaling noise that took awhile to figure out. Pretty sure it is the Tensioner pulley. Bought a new one, need special tools for my dad to replace, no big deal. An annoying vibration has started in the car, which vibrates the seats, and shakes the radio so it chatters. Again, i can live with this. Just got the car running real nice about a month ago, had the check engine light come on, misfired like crazy. Fixed it, all good. Check engine light comes on today. A deep sense of frustration has filled my soul. Why cant my pony, be a good pony. I take care of it better than i would take of a child. It has 112k miles on it, so its aging. But not ungodly high mileage. I could be sympathetic if i drove it hard and often, but i drive it back and forth to school, 4 days a week. And it rests for 3. I cant even imagine what might be wrong now, i dread pulling the codes to find out. I hate dumping money to fix the little things, and dont get a higher/petter preforming vehicle from it. Again, just voicing my frustration. So feel free to voice yours, if you have any.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Major Frustration

sorry you ended up with headache's this is kind of a lemon mustang I'd say. I have owned 5 mustangs now the first being a v6 and all the rest v8's and drove the wheels off all of them with little to no issues. the issues I did have were problems I created for my self from hotroding. I say you just ended up with a bad apple so you have two choices.... 1, you could suffer threw it and continue to replace parts and hope for the best, or 2. sell it off on craigslist and use the funds to get another. If I were in your shoes I would go for option 2.
bryanbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbrock
sorry you ended up with headache's this is kind of a lemon mustang I'd say. I have owned 5 mustangs now the first being a v6 and all the rest v8's and drove the wheels off all of them with little to no issues. the issues I did have were problems I created for my self from hotroding. I say you just ended up with a bad apple so you have two choices.... 1, you could suffer threw it and continue to replace parts and hope for the best, or 2. sell it off on craigslist and use the funds to get another. If I were in your shoes I would go for option 2.
I've been thinking about it, its going to depend on what triggered the check engine light. Its runs like a champ most of the time, and would regret selling it off. And i paid $3500 for the car, so i doubt i'd be able to make my money back, and buy a new one. People think a stang with 100k+ miles is worth friggin 6 grand around here. I love the car. My first ride, but we'll see what the future brings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I had a Chrysler Sebring that was like that. Ended up having the water pump stop up, break the belt, and blow the bearing in the engine. Sold it for 800 and bought my v6 stang for 7k. The Sebring had 189k on it when it died and the stang just hit 59k. Both of them 2000 cars. Needless to say I love my car now, and am doing everything I can to keep her alive.
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto View Post
I had a Chrysler Sebring that was like that. Ended up having the water pump stop up, break the belt, and blow the bearing in the engine. Sold it for 800 and bought my v6 stang for 7k. The Sebring had 189k on it when it died and the stang just hit 59k. Both of them 2000 cars. Needless to say I love my car now, and am doing everything I can to keep her alive.
^ No way me too! Except mine had a little different issue(s) Power Steering pump, followed by the torque converter, then the water pump. The final blow was the head gasket and the main seal. I said **** it, I'm not putting another dime into this car. So, I started on a quest for a New Mustang and the rest is history because as you see, I am driving one now And I love it. Though it's got it's quirks.

But so do all cars.

Also get together a budget and start saving for a newer one. You may be able get a GT with 80K-90K miles, but I'll bet it's a year or two newer. Slowly work up the food chain.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

dude for real go on craigslist and just look at what you can get foe 3 grand! you will be amazed. LOTS of mustangs from private sellers to choose from. you could be in a new mustang the same day you sell yours. and you know what, ...I could get a dang nice mustang for 3 grand its all about shopping aroung. heck I could get a great mustang for 2500. it might be like a 94 5.0 but a damn nice one with low miles ya know.
bryanbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Has the O2 sensors ever been replaced on it...or a tune up done? Start with the simple stuff....
Blackheart4355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Just changed plugs wires a month ago, did oil change last week, replaced fluids. Had my fuel injectors cleaned. But never replaced the o2 sensors. I am pretty sure i have anair leak somewhere, because the front vents do not work, but the defroster works. So it needs work, but aside from the Misfire/spark plug problem, it ran fine. Just hope these first 6 months of owning this car arent a sign of things to come with my pony.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I have a 04 sonic blue ill sell yah lol for 7500 neg. It has 69000

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96civic87
I have a 04 sonic blue ill sell yah lol for 7500 neg or make offer It has 69000

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Better yet make an offer lol
96civic87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96civic87
I have a 04 sonic blue ill sell yah lol for 7500 neg. It has 69000

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Better yet make an offer lol
I have... 37 cents. And some pocket lint. Just kidding, i'll see whatseems to have triggered the service engine light, so depends on whats wrong, maybe i'll sell it for a GT. I have about 2500 cash. So maybe somethin'will happen.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6

I have... 37 cents. And some pocket lint. Just kidding, i'll see whatseems to have triggered the service engine light, so depends on whats wrong, maybe i'll sell it for a GT. I have about 2500 cash. So maybe somethin'will happen.
So you have 2500 you just need 5,000 more. Ask $3,500 for the Mustang Now you're at 6000. You can definitely find something for 6000 and for sure at 7500
Old 11-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
For the pulley, take the belt off and then check each one by hand if they feel full of sand. Change them and get some of the codes up and we can help you. I have changed a lot of part of my v6 mustang so i can help you out. Remember sometimes its very simple but rushing it will make you mad
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Funny thing is, engine light went off yesterday, so i dunno if thats a good thing or bad thing, cars messin'with me mannnn.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6
Funny thing is, engine light went off yesterday, so i dunno if thats a good thing or bad thing, cars messin'with me mannnn.
You could always try to sell it. Craigslist, ebay and autotrader are great sources. Do you have a CarMax near you? Get it appraised there just to get an idea of how much they will give you.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
What kind of performance based mods if any do you have?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

You could always try to sell it. Craigslist, ebay and autotrader are great sources. Do you have a CarMax near you? Get it appraised there just to get an idea of how much they will give you.
If you have $2500 plus whatever CarMax would give you you'd have a good down payment. I recently bought my 95 GT w/ 79k miles. After a small down payment and a $900 dollar trade I financed $5300 bucks which included a grand for for a warranty till 100k miles
Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Only a CAI in it atm, the AmericanMuscle brand.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Start by checking out your mods to make sure nothing has changed or came loose. Check plug wires are tight, check plugs them selves are tight. Make sure your 02 sensors are tight. It's almost always simple stuff..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang