Lowering questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lowering questions

Im finally thinking of lowering my baby
I just got some KYB shocks and struts which I havent put on yet but still trying to decide what kind of springs to get
Im probably going to get the Ford Racing B springs that say it will drop
1.25" all the way around but was wondering if that would be good enough considering my baby is pretty high or if I should get springs that will drop her more?
And if I do get the lowering springs do I have to get a bumpsteer kit and ball joints??

Here is how my baby looks now:

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I love my Ford racing spring I wish alittle more for a drop but i couldn't use mine as a daily driver then
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
I have H&R race springs, and they lowered my car 1.5" up front and 1.25 in the rear. Along with polyurethane isolators I feel it gave my car a nice stance.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Lowering questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang View Post
1.25" all the way around but was wondering if that would be good enough considering my baby is pretty high or if I should get springs that will drop her more?
And if I do get the lowering springs do I have to get a bumpsteer kit and ball joints??
I personally love slammed cars, but as that would require coil overs i would go H&R Super Sports that offer about 1.6. Go on AM and compare customer pics of different heights.
And i dont think you'll need bumpsteer and ball joints, but apparently you need Caster Camber plates no matter how much you lower it.
-Hope that helps, will
willrad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by willrad00 View Post
I personally love slammed cars, but as that would require coil overs i would go H&R Super Sports that offer about 1.6. Go on AM and compare customer pics of different heights.
And i dont think you'll need bumpsteer and ball joints, but apparently you need Caster Camber plates no matter how much you lower it.
-Hope that helps, will
not true... im about as slammed as most cars would go, and then some and i am rickin shocks, struts and springs, not coilovers.

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

Just curious op, what size tires are on there? Maybe it's just me but they look a tad small

The b springs do not drop the car 1.25" that is what a V8 will do with them
Think in the area of a .75" drop......

If you want more other factors will come into play, once you hit 1.5" in drop there is a good chance you'll also have to replace the cast and camber plates since the factory ones won't have the adjustability to bring them back within spec, however this is not always the case it's a real hit and miss with our cars, what I would recommend you do (if you were to drop the car 1.5" or more that is) pick up a set of maximum motorsports CC plates and have them with you when you go to do the alignment, that way if you need them you have them... If you don't you have a whole month to return them....

If you want to stick to a budget oriented lowering setup that is lower than the b springs go over to UPR, they have a set of springs that are basically ebiach pro kit springs (in specs) for under $200, if I remember correctly they are almost the same price as the ford b springs but I think that's when they were on sale......

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang
Im finally thinking of lowering my baby
I just got some KYB shocks and struts which I havent put on yet but still trying to decide what kind of springs to get

Here is how my baby looks now:
I'd say get something that's going to be at least 1.5" if you are going to do it at all. Don't want to do it and wished you'd gone lower.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT View Post
not true... im about as slammed as most cars would go, and then some and i am rickin shocks, struts and springs, not coilovers.
Wow i stang very corrected. Your car looks awesome!
willrad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
Just curious op, what size tires are on there? Maybe it's just me but they look a tad small
I have 235/45/18s in front and 275/45/18s in rear, I think
I always forget the middle number

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote:
If you want to stick to a budget oriented lowering setup that is lower than the b springs go over to UPR, they have a set of springs that are basically ebiach pro kit springs (in specs) for under $200, if I remember correctly they are almost the same price as the ford b springs but I think that's when they were on sale......
Thanks for the info
Looking at these now:
1979-2004 Ford Mustang 4cyl V6 UPR Pro Series Lowering Spring Kit by Eibach at UPR Products - Lifetime Warranty!

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

Old 12-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

Yeah looks like they are still on sale!!

Nah that's not 45 series in the rear I can tell you that for sure 35 or lower is what it looks like

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

I have Ford "B" springs, KYB struts shocks. Also put on X-2 balljoints and bumpsteer kit.
Before/After Pictures:
BEFORE-

AFTER-
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah looks like they are still on sale!!

Nah that's not 45 series in the rear I can tell you that for sure 35 or lower is what it looks like
They are 40s, just checked

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
I have Ford "B" springs, KYB struts shocks. Also put on X-2 balljoints and bumpsteer kit.
Before/After Pictures:
BEFORE-

AFTER-
^^Love how ur car looks, thats why I was planning on getting the fr b springs but if I can get the eibachs for the same price and have a lil more of a drop I'll do that instead

Adrian
2001 Mustang

Old 12-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Yep, H&R SuperSport is a win/win option too.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang