Tires!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Tires!!

What's your fav tire and the best priced place to buy tires?
Fordhartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Tires!!

I f.ing hate tires!! Sorry, I just hate them they piss me off more than glitter.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Yikes! Let it all out 99, it'll be alright. More than glitter? Wow, that's way up there too! Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Yikes! Let it all out 99, it'll be alright. More than glitter? Wow, that's way up there too! Lol
Those damn tires! Always stirring up trouble and smarting off to their elders! I know American Muscle has them and we get a discount!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

i have these on mine
Sumitomo All Season A/S P01 Tire (275/40-17) 5517074 - Free Shipping!
nice A/S tire, got them summer before last with the new rims, hook pretty decent when i don't give it any throttle aka just driving right, but traction i can't really comment on anymore, just romp and............ don't move......

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I have terrible luck with tires and tire repair shops. I will be buying from AM this time. I actually did like the BF Goodrich tire I had on my 97' Sebring best tire I've ever had thus far.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I've also had horrible luck with tires by far the best tires I've ever had were michelin pilot sport but they are approx 300 a pop and I don't have the cash to get them anymore so I went with the nitto nt555 extreme they have good reviews from what I've seen originally was gonna get them from AM but got a better deal at walmart lol......they're supposed to come in this Thursday hopefully they're as good as the say.....but as far as price just look around AM has great prices but not a lot of variety as far as brands.......ps didn't like hankooks
Ruben3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

I've had a pretty good ride with Dunlap and Nexxon, Dunlap's a little pricier but Nexxon has more size variations. With Nexxon I was able to get Staggered setup, with Dunlap I was not.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I've seen at tire rack... Every time they come out with a new "better" version of a tire they always sell last years modle super cheap and they are just as good my friend put goodyear eagle ones all around his car for like just right at 500 I thought that sounded pretty fair for 17's
Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I'm an ET street guy for the rear and BFG kdw guy for the front or invo's just depends sometimes I"m a gforce t/a dr guy in the rear
ESG642T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Wish it was warm enough year round to use good tires here....

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

No kidding I just spent 300 bucks on studded snow tires just so I have a slight more chance to get to class and work this winter
Old 12-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

NT555s and if anyone ever needs tires hit me UP! I get the best prices in town on tires through my work. so dont be SHY!!!

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
NT555s and if anyone ever needs tires hit me UP! I get the best prices in town on tires through my work. so dont be SHY!!!
Haha.. wish you were closer. I can hook you up with promo products galore, things you wouldn't even dream of.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Haha.. wish you were closer. I can hook you up with promo products galore, things you wouldn't even dream of.
promo products such as? I am moving from Ohio to our Florida market... we are in every state but 6

Old 12-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

promo products such as? I am moving from Ohio to our Florida market... we are in every state but 6
Tire gagues to Tshirts even Golf Clubs and bags with company names on them.

That sounds like a really nice move man! I bet you will miss the snow and ice and salty roads. There is only about 4 months you can't use the top in Georgia. Although our cold tolarance is about 59 degrees. Just wait your blood thins out quick. Florida you got about 2 or 3 months.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert
i have these on mine
nice A/S tire, got them summer before last with the new rims, hook pretty decent when i don't give it any throttle aka just driving right, but traction i can't really comment on anymore, just romp and............ don't move......
Those sumitomo tires are the ones I want for mine but the 255 and 245 for the front. I'm still deciding whether to sell my wheels and get new ones because I really want 275 tires at least

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
Those sumitomo tires are the ones I want for mine but the 255 and 245 for the front. I'm still deciding whether to sell my wheels and get new ones because I really want 275 tires at least
I sell more A/S PO1's than most tires. If you take a look at it the michelin pilot exalto came out before this tire, and SUMI pretty much ripped off the design. i love it because they are so much cheaper but perform just as well!

Old 12-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Which one is cheaper?

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Tires are all about how they are going to be used. Since I autoX & run road courses a lot, I prefer softer compound tires such as the Bridgestone RE-11, Toyo R1R, or Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec if I am running street tires. These are basically the closest thing you can get to an R-compound tire from a street tire. However, these aren't the longest lasting tires for street use because of the soft compoud.

My street tires for highway & around town use are Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 in a 255 up front & 285 in the back. They have pretty good traction in the dry (I'd say 7 or 8 out of 10) and superb handinling in the wet (9 out of 10).

I have also run Toyo T1R Proxes as street tires & they make a nice product also. Personally, I cannot stand Sumitomo tires as I have found they are poorly made & rather hard. Nexen tires are awful as well, albeit cheap.
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #21
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

I sell more A/S PO1's than most tires. If you take a look at it the michelin pilot exalto came out before this tire, and SUMI pretty much ripped off the design. i love it because they are so much cheaper but perform just as well!
Good to know! I was curious about that tire. How would you rate them say against Pirelli?
Old 12-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
i have these on mine
Absolutely the worst tires... Lmfao. Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
Absolutely the worst tires... Lmfao. Ha ha ha ha ha ha
no they do good when i don't try and act up now..... back when it was just a bolt on car they were perfect, year round driving without a problem

but with all the crap i've done to my car now, i need summer tires for sure, but then again can't afford to keep swapping tires around with the seasons..........

blower/new cam soon
Old 12-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

no they do good when i don't try and act up now..... back when it was just a bolt on car they were perfect, year round driving without a problem

but with all the crap i've done to my car now, i need summer tires for sure, but then again can't afford to keep swapping tires around with the seasons..........
I hear ya. Performance comes with responsibility.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #25
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post

Yeah it gets expensive and time consuming to keep up with different tires. I take you live somewhere cooler. My fear with Summer tires is that we always get a big cold snap anywhere between now and the end of January. But by Feb the highs are back into the 50's and march is mid 50's. April and May its in the 60's-70's
Old 12-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Yeah it gets expensive and time consuming to keep up with different tires. I take you live somewhere cooler. My fear with Summer tires is that we always get a big cold snap anywhere between now and the end of January.
yep central AR, we just had a miniature snow storm come through last night, had about 2 inches on top of my car, but thankfully the roads were still good enough to drive on, it helps when the car has such big feet (275/40-17 tires) even when it's wet it's still fun to drive around haha i'm thinking about getting a set of A/S tires and having them mounted on my factory wheels and getting the good sticky summer tires put on my pretty rims

blower/new cam soon
Old 12-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #27
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

yep central AR, we just had a miniature snow storm come through last night, had about 2 inches on top of my car, but thankfully the roads were still good enough to drive on, it helps when the car has such big feet (275/40-17 tires) even when it's wet it's still fun to drive around haha i'm thinking about getting a set of A/S tires and having them mounted on my factory wheels and getting the good sticky summer tires put on my pretty rims
Haha that's what I would do if I had to brave that weather. I hate snow and ice in the south.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

If it snowed down here in Miami, I would PARK my Mustang until it was over, there is no way in Hell, I would drive it around in snow. Remembering all to well, back in College days in Ohio, with a HP Dodge Charger, was not a good experience.LOL
Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #29
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
If it snowed down here in Miami, I would PARK my Mustang until it was over, there is no way in Hell, I would drive it around in snow. Remembering all to well, back in College days in Ohio, with a HP Dodge Charger, was not a good experience.LOL
It's actually not as bad as you might think, I've had a few moments.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

snow is nothing, ice is what sucks majorly.....

blower/new cam soon
Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
I f.ing hate tires!! Sorry, I just hate them they piss me off more than glitter.
Hah... I remember that thread...
Old 12-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
If you guys need a good snow tire with a bit of perfoemance check out cooper weathermastef st2s. Great snow and ice ttraction, not bad off the line and great mileage. In canada they cost me 760 a set and I've seen them as cheap as 104$/ tire in the states. There pretty sweet... I've run them on all my mustangs and recomend them to everyone. They brake 95% as well as the best winter tires but corner better in ice and are great on dry roads too. Honestly, if I didn't need summer stickies, I wouldnt hesitate to run them year round. They make a little more road noise than an all season but thata what your exhaust and sterio is for....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang