Whats lurking? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
I'd try but I wouldn't just go around revving at cobras. Lol. If I pull up to a gt camaro I'm not Gna rev. If he revs I'll try but not Gna ask for the *** whoopin

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I just wanna know if I can beat/take v6 camaro's.. They are my enemies and I hate that car >
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brad.krieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: California
Posts: 317
Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
No disrespect, but i wouldn't try much with that v6. Unless your one hell of a driver. Power for power most of the v8s rolling around will beat you.

Although, i just smoked a 2004 gto in my cobra the other day. so anything is possible. I got the drop on him.. Good luck, and be safe man.
Brad.krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
AnthonyPesaturo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Royal palm beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 26
Why are u worried bout racing with a v6
AnthonyPesaturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg
No disrespect, but i wouldn't try much with that v6. Unless your one hell of a driver. Power for power most of the v8s rolling around will beat you.

Although, i just smoked a 2004 gto in my cobra the other day. so anything is possible. I got the drop on him.. Good luck, and be safe man.
Those gtos are useless off the line... totally hopeless. And they are also pushing 3800lbs. I had good runs against the ls2 gto (only imported used tp canada so there aare very very few). They will catch me top end but that's long after the quarter... that was with a intalke and minor gead work mach 1. 309/321 wheel.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dancobra75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 205
I have to say this, and most of you guys prob agree, but they can be a big difference in power on bone stock cars, some cars just have more power than others, not sure if it was just tuned better from the factory or if the engine was assembled better on that line or what, but I've seen mustangs and cameros, in bone stock trim, one would be a natural monster and the exact same car would be weak as pond water, so you may just have more power than your friends car, some are deff faster than others
Dancobra75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Others 16-18 yr olds are normally not Gna have v8's. I've mainly only seen v6's. I'm a kid all my parents would get me was a v6. Trust me, when I get outta college an get a good paying job ima have a badass mustang. So don't hate on me having a v6, there's plenty of them around. They are quick and fun to drive. Especially against other teens that won't hardly ever have more than a v6 in a car. Mustang forums, but I'm getting trolled for having a v6 MUSTANG, basically? Hmm..
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang
Others 16-18 yr olds are normally not Gna have v8's. I've mainly only seen v6's. I'm a kid all my parents would get me was a v6. Trust me, when I get outta college an get a good paying job ima have a badass mustang. So don't hate on me having a v6, there's plenty of them around. They are quick and fun to drive. Especially against other teens that won't hardly ever have more than a v6 in a car. Mustang forums, but I'm getting trolled for having a v6 MUSTANG, basically? Hmm..
Don't believe anyone is trying to troll you, especially about having a sixxer it just isn't a common drag car. Also keep in mind you only like to race the sure wins, anyone here will get picked at for that.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
I'm not goin to the track or nothin lol. I'm just talkin about maybe every once in a while a red light street race. I take care of my car for the most part. I always like to examine my opponent so I just wante some info incase some1 talks mess with a weaker car. I've raced a 2007 gt lol.. But I didn't exactly liked getting smoked. I like the adrenaline rush with it though. I wish I could do it more but I don't wanna stress my trans and motor, plus cops. New to forums so idk what ppl like/thinks Acceptable about racing and stangs in general.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang
I'm not goin to the track or nothin lol. I'm just talkin about maybe every once in a while a red light street race. I take care of my car for the most part. I always like to examine my opponent so I just wante some info incase some1 talks mess with a weaker car. I've raced a 2007 gt lol.. But I didn't exactly liked getting smoked. I like the adrenaline rush with it though. I wish I could do it more but I don't wanna stress my trans and motor, plus cops. New to forums so idk what ppl like/thinks Acceptable about racing and stangs in general.
No street racing threads allowed. If you are not going to the track or going to talk about going to the track I will close this thread.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Street racing talk here is a real no no. I do understand the feeling you're talking about though, imagine how I felt getting left by a 10 sec civic hatch at the track, my pride was a little hurt.

Ok back to the topic, most import sixes are probably going to give you hell.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

No street racing threads allowed. If you are not going to the track or going to talk about going to the track I will close this thread.
+infinity...
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

+infinity...
And beyond.... Lol
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

And beyond.... Lol
Lmao
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Oh, cuz it's illegal Im guessing? Ok. I was just trying to Prove a point. I heard 99-04 stangs smoke 00-04 eclipse v6's.. Hmm.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
AnthonyPesaturo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Royal palm beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 26
My mom has a v6 mustang lol
AnthonyPesaturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang
Oh, cuz it's illegal Im guessing? Ok. I was just trying to Prove a point. I heard 99-04 stangs smoke 00-04 eclipse v6's.. Hmm.
Yeah I wouldn't bank on that. Work out your cars power to tge wheels, if your a factory freak woth ur mods and optomkstic, 185rwhp tops, factor that against ur weight to get lbs/hp. Base that against any other cars lbs/hp, factor in higher / lower gearing and your off... honestly, your gonna have trouble with a lot of cars.... mustang v6 cars before 2011 really are not that quick. Yohr looking at the 17-18 second cars...
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
I guess it's prolly because I don't mess with things that I know will beat me, but I really don't have much of a problem with a lot of v6's and under, unless brand new.. Which most kids don't have. Also probably because most have diesels and chip those. Which can be. Challenge lol those things are fast with chips on them.. Mainly ****** bags drive those around my town though lol. Not saying they all are tho..

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Oops sorry for the stars ;o
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brad.krieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: California
Posts: 317
Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Those gtos are useless off the line... totally hopeless. And they are also pushing 3800lbs. I had good runs against the ls2 gto (only imported used tp canada so there aare very very few). They will catch me top end but that's long after the quarter... that was with a intalke and minor gead work mach 1. 309/321 wheel.
Have you ever driven one tho? Great cars, My buddy has an ls2 gto that i've driven many times and it is pretty peppy off the line. I know there is about a 500 ib weight diff but those things should run an even 13.0 qm stock... What kinda qm times are u getting with those hp numbers? Just wondering...
Brad.krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #54
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg

Have you ever driven one tho? Great cars, My buddy has an ls2 gto that i've driven many times and it is pretty peppy off the line. I know there is about a 500 ib weight diff but those things should run an even 13.0 qm stock... What kinda qm times are u getting with those hp numbers? Just wondering...
Man I had one keep up with my street bike, a 900cc sport bike. Dude said 725 @ the wheels! Looked and sounded dead stock!
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brad.krieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: California
Posts: 317
Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang
Others 16-18 yr olds are normally not Gna have v8's. I've mainly only seen v6's. I'm a kid all my parents would get me was a v6. Trust me, when I get outta college an get a good paying job ima have a badass mustang. So don't hate on me having a v6, there's plenty of them around. They are quick and fun to drive. Especially against other teens that won't hardly ever have more than a v6 in a car. Mustang forums, but I'm getting trolled for having a v6 MUSTANG, basically? Hmm..
Dude, i'm not givin u a hard time bud. Your lucky to have a car with that much power at your age. When i was a kid a had a 84 toyota camry. I had to push that pedal to the floor to get up a hill.

I'm just answering your question. In the end its all about being happy with what u got. Any ****** can weave in and out of lanes on the freeway. Its at the track where people realize that what their cars are capable of doing and their driving capabilities are two different beasts ... Food for thought

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Man I had one keep up with my street bike, a 900cc sport bike. Dude said 725 @ the wheels! Looked and sounded dead stock!
Wow, that's awesome. Yeah, they have me 2nd guessing my love for mustangs sometimes.

So much potential.... Ah
Brad.krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #56
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
As far as you vs. your friends V6. It's a possibility you might have better rear gears. I'm not sure what the rear gear options were for your car but if your pulling away in first and second gear, I'd say you've got a better rear differential.

Also, I'd scratch whatever "Chip" you might be running and go with a handheld SCT tuner. You can install a good 93 tune and constantly update it as you upgrade the parts on your ride.

Just because you start out with a V6 in no way does that mean it can't be fast. You just need to get better informed about the possibilities. You've come to the right place. I'd say you've got a lot of reading to do! Good luck!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Yeah! I joined this forum because I wanna learn! I like to learn about things that I'm passionate about. Guessing the sct tuner is around 300$? I want more knowledge about mustangs and what goes good and looks good, preparing for my future mustang. I love the one I have now. Honestly I wouldn't have any other. I had the best looking and fastest car in my high school parking lot. Lotta pride in my car, I sometimes call my gf my second baby, second to my mustang
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg

Have you ever driven one tho? Great cars, My buddy has an ls2 gto that i've driven many times and it is pretty peppy off the line. I know there is about a 500 ib weight diff but those things should run an even 13.0 qm stock... What kinda qm times are u getting with those hp numbers? Just wondering...
Ill find out in spring, track closed the day I bought it haha... I've driven an 04 and 06 gto. There not bad once off the line but that irs setup gets really hoppy off the line. The ls forums are full of complaints regaurding their off the line issues. I hope to crack into the 12s in the spring but I'm at 5400 ft so we will see. I've added a bama tube, jlt rai, bbk twin 65mm tb, and will have freer flowing exhaust by then. I'm also keeping an eye out for a nice set of cams but my budget for cams is capped at 800 for a full set... so we will see. I will also be looking at an aluminum driveshaft and new control arms and tq boxes. Hoping to cut a 1.85 60'. If I get to 350 wheel ill be done.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Oh and I think a guy raced my car before I had it. Maybe he did somethin to it that idk about? Like different gears? Lol. My mustang is faster than any other same model or less v6 mustang also. I smoke the auto's off the line too lol. My mustang is like naturally faster. Idk why.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:54 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brad.krieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: California
Posts: 317
Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Ill find out in spring, track closed the day I bought it haha... I've driven an 04 and 06 gto. There not bad once off the line but that irs setup gets really hoppy off the line. The ls forums are full of complaints regaurding their off the line issues. I hope to crack into the 12s in the spring but I'm at 5400 ft so we will see. I've added a bama tube, jlt rai, bbk twin 65mm tb, and will have freer flowing exhaust by then. I'm also keeping an eye out for a nice set of cams but my budget for cams is capped at 800 for a full set... so we will see. I will also be looking at an aluminum driveshaft and new control arms and tq boxes. Hoping to cut a 1.85 60'. If I get to 350 wheel ill be done.
Man, if your putting up 310 to the wheels with just the mods you have listed there that's prett good.. I think your car is rated 305 at crank the same as my cobra stock... I dont think i'm putting up those kinds of numbers u say u have tho, i have cai, msd coil packs, dr gass or x, borla side exhauast, race tune, and 373 gears, as of right now I'm prob in the 285 ball park. If i hit 300 i'll be happy. Maybe an underdrive pulley, and some new headers can bump it up for me.
Brad.krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:23 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg

Man, if your putting up 310 to the wheels with just the mods you have listed there that's prett good.. I think your car is rated 305 at crank the same as my cobra stock... I dont think i'm putting up those kinds of numbers u say u have tho, i have cai, msd coil packs, dr gass or x, borla side exhauast, race tune, and 373 gears, as of right now I'm prob in the 285 ball park. If i hit 300 i'll be happy. Maybe an underdrive pulley, and some new headers can bump it up for me.
Machs made more like 325hp 340tqcrank. they were underrated like most stangs. I've got head and intake manifold work and a mystery set of cams. Ford replaced the bottom end on warranty and a tech messed up the stock cams. Replacement "PI" cams went into the car but I have no clue what they are... only that the work was done to fix the mess up. The heads were sent off for work but I don't have the specs for that yet. I have seen the Intake manifold has been worked on and appears to be acid dipped. Made 309 321 with the mystery work... the new jlt rai with the bama tune has really sharpened up throttle response and there is a little power bump. I'm reserving all judgment untill I get to a track...
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Btw if anyone knows anything Bout transmissions for the mustang v6 (t5 I think?) I have a thread with the scenario of what mine does.. If you could help it would be cool, y'all prolly know more than alot of ppl. Lol.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brad.krieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: California
Posts: 317
Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Machs made more like 325hp 340tqcrank. they were underrated like most stangs. I've got head and intake manifold work and a mystery set of cams. Ford replaced the bottom end on warranty and a tech messed up the stock cams. Replacement "PI" cams went into the car but I have no clue what they are... only that the work was done to fix the mess up. The heads were sent off for work but I don't have the specs for that yet. I have seen the Intake manifold has been worked on and appears to be acid dipped. Made 309 321 with the mystery work... the new jlt rai with the bama tune has really sharpened up throttle response and there is a little power bump. I'm reserving all judgment untill I get to a track...
Yeah your right. I forgot about the pi heads. Still, good numbers man!
Brad.krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,044
Well im 17 and have a 05 v6 with CAI, headers, and a 93 BAMA race tune. And im running like 210 at the wheels. So Idk how your v6 is pushing that much? Unless your talking crank. And if that's what your really running. You can't take any newer v6 across the board. 2011+ mustang, camaro, or charger and challenger. If your looking to win find an older camaro. And even then from a dig he'll take ya. Only rolls you have a chance. And this is coming from a fellow v6 Texan
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #65
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESG642T

Ewwww.... I wouldn't take an 03cobra motor in an s2k if you paid me!
I've got a rolling shell, '93 240sx, I'm gonna drop a 5.0 in it. :Headbang:
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dgibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 89
230 out of a v6 that thing has gotta be wound up tighter than a virgin

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

And saying that I ran across a 95 civic hatch busted and beat quite as hell blew me the hell away he has about 430 with a 2jz swap so you gotta know em
__________________
names doug!
im 21 about to 22. i live in southern indiana. im in the indiana army national guard and i deployed to iraq in 2011.i drive a 1998 gt black and silver. i love playing soft ball,riding four wheelers,crotch rockets and anything to do with cars.
Dgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau
Well im 17 and have a 05 v6 with CAI, headers, and a 93 BAMA race tune. And im running like 210 at the wheels. So Idk how your v6 is pushing that much? Unless your talking crank. And if that's what your really running. You can't take any newer v6 across the board. 2011+ mustang, camaro, or charger and challenger. If your looking to win find an older camaro. And even then from a dig he'll take ya. Only rolls you have a chance. And this is coming from a fellow v6 Texan
Well obviously. Newer sports car should smoke me. I meant camaro, like teens would have. You don't see many that have a 2011 brand new mustang. Lol. Some do, not the norm though. I meant like 95-03 camaro's. Someone informed me I'm running like 180-190 in the wheels? 230 regular I guess but not what hits the ground. How much do headers give hp/tq wise? My friends said like 30+ but they may be talkin out their ***.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Also take into fact most kids don't have the $$ to swap a engine for a bigger ones. Thats a big project to do
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dgibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 89
Headers+o/r x pipe+plus good matching exhaust will get you 30+ hp. 180 to the wheels sounds better depends on your mods
__________________
names doug!
im 21 about to 22. i live in southern indiana. im in the indiana army national guard and i deployed to iraq in 2011.i drive a 1998 gt black and silver. i love playing soft ball,riding four wheelers,crotch rockets and anything to do with cars.
Dgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:24 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg

Yeah your right. I forgot about the pi heads. Still, good numbers man!
Yeah... I wish I knew exactly what the work was but soneday ill have it apart and find out. Untill then, I'm just gonna enjoy it.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:53 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brad.krieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: California
Posts: 317
Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Yeah... I wish I knew exactly what the work was but soneday ill have it apart and find out. Untill then, I'm just gonna enjoy it.
Ah they were just ported and polished thats all. There isn't anything else u can really do to em except increase the air flow. must b nice!
Brad.krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats lurking?? V6 stang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 17 12-19-2011 09:13 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:55 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.