All the BS aint worth it... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
All the BS aint worth it...

Every time theres a new guy on this site a v6 owner in particular he always wants to be fast. I was the same way I kept saying I can beat a v8 bragging just to be the role of some bad ***. I wanna make this clear to my fellow v6 owners... You won't beat a v8, they have two more cylinders than you, they'll out run you. You might beat a v8 only if the driver can't drive or he just isn't taking care of his ride. You won't beat a v8.
To the v8 owners. Quit putting us down just bc you have something faster than us. Bc we will spend high dollar just to try and whoop your ***. Performance isn't worth all that money. I wish I could go back and invest all that money i spent on my v6 and spend it on getting a v8. And bc I recently moved out I'd take paycheck after paycheck to waste just to make myself prove a point that I could in fact beat a v8. Never met that tho. Never will. It takes a lot. A lot of v8 owners on here put us down, deep down we hand the cup to y'all. We know y'all are faster than us, but that really shouldn't matter we are a mustang website we aren't suppose to cut each other till we can't cut anymore simply isn't right. I understand v6 owners try to be bad asses just to gain a title or something, but I'm asking to be a role for us and let us learn for ourselves. That's the way I had to learn.
And v6 owners if you want fast get a v8. Don't lie and say you can beat a v8. Because deep down you know for a fact you would trade you v6 for a v8 anyway. We have to quit lying to ourselves. Seriously we watch too many fast and ferious movies. And like they say movies are all special effects- it isn't real. Bc the reality is people can get killed over stupid things.

Think common sense...
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: All the BS aint worth it...

I wouldn't trade either of my v6's for a ford v8....
(my mustang or my buick)

Actually I wouldn't 'trade' them for anything, in the ford v8 would It would have to be a 302/351 or 4v otherwise I'm an lsx guy deep down.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
And v6 owners if you want fast get a v8. Don't lie and say you can beat a v8. Because deep down you know for a fact you would trade you v6 for a v8 anyway. We have to quit lying to ourselves. Seriously we watch too many fast and ferious movies. And like they say movies are all special effects- it isn't real. Bc the reality is people can get killed over stupid things.

Think common sense...
i can beat a V8...... no lie either

and i have to agree i wouldn't trade for one, i would buy one sometime in the future maybe but never trade in my pride and joy......

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Road Trip!

So what does it take for a v6 to beat a v8?

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Just to be curious.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

dual 40's knock-offs, catted x-pipe, monza lt's, SCT chip (93/91/87 octane dyno tunes), Windstar intake w/ BBK 65mm tb, Livewires, FRPP T-lok, shift kit, SSM stage 3 heads, GSS ported lower intake, Comp 273/281 xtreme energy cam & RR's, 4.2 bottom end, 3K stall

^
Maybe that?

Also you didn't specify which v8 engine.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESG642T View Post
dual 40's knock-offs, catted x-pipe, monza lt's, SCT chip (93/91/87 octane dyno tunes), Windstar intake w/ BBK 65mm tb, Livewires, FRPP T-lok, shift kit, SSM stage 3 heads, GSS ported lower intake, Comp 273/281 xtreme energy cam & RR's, 4.2 bottom end, 3K stall

^
Maybe that?

that looks familiar, i swear i've seen that before lol

i roasted a 5.0 fox with the old crappy heads that were spewing coolant into the intake lol

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 12-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
svo
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 84 svo mustang an its a 4 cylinder that is not stock an it will take a stock v8 but like you said i probiley would trade it for a v8
svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESG642T

^
Maybe that?

4.6 the gt

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I was running a 98ish Gt and I passed him up. With a tuner, exhaust, and cai and shift kit beat a 98gt? Bc I think I beat this guy and his shut was loud and I beat him top end I think.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

if you have gears too you would beat him, otherwise don't think he knew how to drive... or he wasn't racing when you started to pull

blower/new cam soon
Old 12-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
svo
Registered Member
Regular

A v6 can take a v8 if stuff has been done to it.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
A buddy of mine had a '99 V6 with ported heads and cam, LTs and o/r X-pipe, Windstar intake, pullies, tb and CAI, 3.73 gears, a custom tune, and a complete rear seat delete!...

I have a '04 GT with tb and CAI, o/r X-pipe and cat back, pullies and a tune!..

We ran our cars and I did beat him!.. Not by much but I did!.. The older V6 is not made to be fast!.. I do have a lot of respect for some one who takes care of their ride!... But be honest!... It takes alot for one of those V6 Mustangs to beat even a stock GT!... But anyone who says that they just put basic bolt ons onto their V6 and can now beat a GT is just full of crap!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
svo
Registered Member
Regular

I agree I have 4 banger with ranger cam,k n filter,after market turbo, cold air intake system and some more done to it and it can take a v8 on a good day.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
A buddy of mine had a '99 V6 with ported heads and cam, LTs and o/r X-pipe, Windstar intake, pullies, tb and CAI, 3.73 gears, a custom tune, and a complete rear seat delete!...

I have a '04 GT with tb and CAI, o/r X-pipe and cat back, pullies and a tune!..

We ran our cars and I did beat him!.. Not by much but I did!.. The older V6 is not made to be fast!.. I do have a lot of respect for some one who takes care of their ride!... But be honest!... It takes alot for one of those V6 Mustangs to beat even a stock GT!... But anyone who says that they just put basic bolt ons onto their V6 and can now beat a GT is just full of crap!...
what heads and cam he have? let me guess he has a stock auto trans lol what he make during the dyno tune?

you are not a "stock" gt about 20-30hp from it.....

blower/new cam soon
Old 12-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana

We aren't all out there to beat other Mustangs.... we are all family... some of us are out just to beat Imports...
*72 C10, 350, Auto, (my Daily Driver)
bmabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
svo
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmabbott View Post
We aren't all out there to beat other Mustangs.... we are all family... some of us are out just to beat Imports...
I agree an is that a 5 speed
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmabbott
That's the mission!
Old 12-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo View Post
yes
Old 12-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
note the short throw shifter in his sig..... lol

blower/new cam soon
Old 12-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #19
svo
Registered Member
Regular

Its a nice car do you know how much horse power its pushing.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
note the short throw shifter in his sig..... lol
I didnt notice that thanks for bring it to my notice.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its a nice car do you know how much horse power its pushing.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I didnt notice that thanks for bring it to my notice.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Not sure on the HP... not getting it dynoed till the m90 is installed and I'll need a dyno tune anyways... my guess would be about 190 hp at the absolute most... it's all bark at this point... sounds great, but it's a little sluggish for my taste... Once the 4.2, m90, and 3.73s are in... probably gonna be much quicker.... for a 6er
Old 12-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert

what heads and cam he have? let me guess he has a stock auto trans lol what he make during the dyno tune?

you are not a "stock" gt about 20-30hp from it.....
I don't remember what cam he has!.. But the heads where stock, just ported and polished out!... His car is a 5 speed stick!.. Mine is a 4 speed auto!.. And I'm not sure what he dynoed at!.. And 30hp from a couple of bolt ons is still, really stock!...

I have another buddy who has a '06 V6 with all the basic bolt ons and a fully built suspension!.. We went to the track and with him on slicks and me on all weather street tires and I still beat him!.. He was two tenths slower!...

I also have a third buddy with a 2000 V6!... All I'm going to say is that his car is fully built with a twin turbo set up pushing close to 500hp at the wheels!.. No need to race him as I know he will beat the crap out of my car!!!.... Lol

I'm not bashing on the V6 Mustang!... But it takes a ton of cash and blood, sweat, and tears to make one as fast, or faster than a GT!... (referring to Pre 2011 V6, 305hp).
Old 12-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #22
svo
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmabbott View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Not sure on the HP... not getting it dynoed till the m90 is installed and I'll need a dyno tune anyways... my guess would be about 190 hp at the absolute most... it's all bark at this point... sounds great, but it's a little sluggish for my taste... Once the 4.2, m90, and 3.73s are in... probably gonna be much quicker.... for a 6er
Thanks keep me posted
Old 12-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't remember what cam he has!.. But the heads where stock, just ported and polished out!... His car is a 5 speed stick!.. Mine is a 4 speed auto!.. And I'm not sure what he dynoed at!.. And 30hp from a couple of bolt ons is still, really stock!...

I have another buddy who has a '06 V6 with all the basic bolt ons and a fully built suspension!.. We went to the track and with him on slicks and me on all weather street tires and I still beat him!.. He was two tenths slower!...

I also have a third buddy with a 2000 V6!... All I'm going to say is that his car is fully built with a twin turbo set up pushing close to 500hp at the wheels!.. No need to race him as I know he will beat the crap out of my car!!!.... Lol

I'm not bashing on the V6 Mustang!... But it takes a ton of cash and blood, sweat, and tears to make one as fast, or faster than a GT!... (referring to Pre 2011 V6, 305hp).
why! are! you! yelling! every! sentence!........................

yeah there are no aftermarket heads they are all ported&polished factory ones, i was just wondering if you know how aggressive his setup is, there are heads out there that have very very little port done with some polishing and stock valves that don't amount to much, if he's got a 5 speed and you're auto he either has A. bad driving skills or B. very mild work done

if you call a 20-30 hp gain "really stock" you have very high standards...

i'm not saying you're bashing i'm just trying to figure out why his car sucks at speed lol.....

blower/new cam soon
Old 12-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Ok first off it's just a force of habit!.. Nothing more!..

And yes I personnally do consider 30hp increase to be stock!.. 30 more hp from a CAI, cat back, basically what everyone who starts "modding" their cars do!... To me that is still stock!...

And as far as his car not doing well at speed?!?.... It's a V6!!!.... It was not supposed to be fast!!!.... And yet my buddy and several others are trying to make something not meant to be fast, be fast!!... It's an up hill battle!... Even if you build your V6 up to put out the same hp as a GT it still will not have the same torque!.. That extra displacement and two extra cylinders play a huge role in things!..

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

And just to prove a point!... Check a vid on youTub of a 2010 GT vs a 2011 V6!.. Both put out almost identical hp #s yet the GT clearly wins each race!...
Old 12-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok first off it's just a force of habit!.. Nothing more!..

And yes I personnally do consider 30hp increase to be stock!.. 30 more hp from a CAI, cat back, basically what everyone who starts "modding" their cars do!... To me that is still stock!...

And as far as his car not doing well at speed?!?.... It's a V6!!!.... It was not supposed to be fast!!!.... And yet my buddy and several others are trying to make something not meant to be fast, be fast!!... It's an up hill battle!... Even if you build your V6 up to put out the same hp as a GT it still will not have the same torque!.. That extra displacement and two extra cylinders play a huge role in things!..

And just to prove a point!... Check a vid on youTub of a 2010 GT vs a 2011 V6!.. Both put out almost identical hp #s yet the GT clearly wins each race!...
well if it wasn't built right anything will suck regardless of V6 or V8 thats why i'm trying to figure out the mods, don't shoot it down just because it's a V6 that statement is leaning into bashing...........

i bet my automatic sixer would walk your @$$ with my factory gears and his supposedly built manual V6 shouldn't have a problem either if it was done with much performance gain in mind especially since it's geared.... (driver error or crap heads/cam!!)

you mean the video of the 2011 V6 with 2.73 gears versus a 2010 gt with 3.31 gears barely getting beat lol yeah i've seen that quite a few times from people trying to laugh at it, they don't when they learn why the V6 lost, with the gearing in the trans that makes up for the slight tq difference between the two, that V6 would beat a 2010 with the same gears....

not going to say anything else about this before the mods start to get pissy........

blower/new cam soon
Old 12-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmabbott
Totallyyyyyyy agree bro
KM98Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:34 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert

well if it wasn't built right anything will suck regardless of V6 or V8 thats why i'm trying to figure out the mods, don't shoot it down just because it's a V6 that statement is leaning into bashing...........

i bet my automatic sixer would walk your @$$ with my factory gears and his supposedly built manual V6 shouldn't have a problem either if it was done with much performance gain in mind especially since it's geared.... (driver error or crap heads/cam!!)

you mean the video of the 2011 V6 with 2.73 gears versus a 2010 gt with 3.31 gears barely getting beat lol yeah i've seen that quite a few times from people trying to laugh at it, they don't when they learn why the V6 lost, with the gearing in the trans that makes up for the slight tq difference between the two, that V6 would beat a 2010 with the same gears....

not going to say anything else about this before the mods start to get pissy........
Don't get all F******* butt hurt because Ford never built the V6 to be a fast car!.. Its just the nature of the beast!... It's just a simple fact that the V6 does not respond well to mods!.. Both the 3v and 4v GTs put out more power and respond better to mods than my 2v will!!... You don't see me getting all butt hurt over it!!... It's just the nature of the beast!!... I Personnally know several modded V6 Mustangs and all but one of them I can, and have beat!!... And that one being my buddy who has that twin turbo V6!... No need to race him to know that he will beat me!!... Sorry you obviously just now realized how much work it is going to take for you to beat a GT let alone a slightly modded one with a V6!!... But it is what it is!.. My other buddy who has a V6 that is just slower in the 1/4 than my GT has a fully modded suspension on his car!!... In the corners he will take me!!... I'm not butt hurt over it!!... It is what it is!!...

And my point with the video is that even if your V6 is putting out as much hp as a GT, it will still lose!.. Because it will not match the GT in torque!!... So unless you have a power adder such as a SC or NOS!... I highly doubt your car will my " @$$ " at all!!... Another buddy of mine has a '09 GT with just a CAI a tune and axle back!... And his car is still clearly faster than mine!.. But I'm not all butt hurt over it!!... It's just that nature of the beast!...

So stop being all butt hurt over this bs and grow up!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM98Stang

Totallyyyyyyy agree bro
+11

Was going to do the +10 but.... Na!!.... +11!!... Lol
Old 12-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Totallyyyyyyy agree bro
This my only mission with my sixer just whoop some rice burning *** haha
Fordhartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordhartbreaker

+11!..

Hahaha did it again!!!.... Hahahahaha
Old 12-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Definitely my goal too, but I'm saving up for a Turbo kit to get at the serious car owners.... and to make my buddy look stupid in his 04 2.7 tibby. Its quick but I'm gonna make it my beiotch hahaha
Old 12-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Definitely my goal too, but I'm saving up for a Turbo kit to get at the serious car owners.... and to make my buddy look stupid in his 04 2.7 tibby. Its quick but I'm gonna make it my beiotch hahaha
Tibby??? Am I missing something??.... Lol
Old 12-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="Eturner"]

Tibby??? Am I missing something??.... Lol[/QUOTE

Hyundai Tiburon...
Old 12-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Haha kid ik owns a dodge neon with a full body kit and crazy money dumped in just looks and a coffee can exhaust that he thinks is all bad... Showed him wats up tonight on the way home and I have freaking studded snow tires on right now haha one down more to come!
Fordhartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha kid ik owns a dodge neon with a full body kit and crazy money dumped in just looks and a coffee can exhaust that he thinks is all bad... Showed him wats up tonight on the way home and I have freaking studded snow tires on right now haha one down more to come!
I came across a guy in a GrandAm who though his car was fast!.. I wasn't even trying and still beat him!... He looked heart broken afterwards!.. Lol. Oh well!... Lol
Old 12-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
I know you guys are not talking about street racing.. Didn't I already close this thread?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang