what does it take to outrun a GT? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll
If I got forced induction do I have to convert my exhaust to duals?
Don't suppose you'd 'have' to, but it would definitely be in the best interest. Although there are plenty of F body Camaro's with crazy HP that don't run a 'true' dual exhaust system.
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

No but every mod kinda plays off of each other!.. I would at least still mod your exhaust!..
I have but I only threw on a muffler. my dad wanted to give it to me for my bday
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: what does it take to outrun a GT?

Lots of FI out there run a single exhaust
SenorMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorMike
I wanted to know because people on here told me I had to but my dad a mechanic an told me I dost need to
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorMike View Post
this, but it has to be big enough.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post
I wanted to know because people on here told me I had to but my dad a mechanic an told me I dost need to
Well your dad doens't want you modding the hell out of your car and killing yourself ... thats why and respect that he's looking out for you.

And for a supercharger, yeah you want the exhaust to breath like crazy, no cats, to duals

But a single FI exhaust I speak of basically goes from some manifolds to a Y pipe through some fan blades around and out, down, and back to how ever you want to do it, dual or single ...

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6procharged View Post
this, but it has to be big enough.
I doubt were on the same page, but I know a guy w/ a whipple GMC sierra running a single exhaust ... truck is Fing mean ...
Old 01-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

If you spend 1,200$ on a GT and cant get out of the 14's you suck at life.

Im in low 14's

Who cares what it costs. We've already been over that fact so make a new argument.

1,200$ on a stock 3.8 could get me into the low 14's or 13's. Wouldn't be hard at all ...

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Whats and LSx based car ? You mean their is faster then a 2v ?!?!
Like I stated before!.. I have stock gears!.. So please do share what are your mods and about how much did it cost for you to run with a bolt on GT?.. Also some of that $1,200 was to pay some one else to do some of the work for me, as I did not have the time or proper tools!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #43

I loved my 2000 v6 to death!!! We put in lots of time, money, and heart into that car! We threw in a new screamin' demon coil pack, livewires, bbk cold air intake, true dual exhaust, a shift kit, a detroit tru trak LSD, and some 4:10 gears! That car flew off the line and kept up with stock GT's... and was well on its way to beating them! I loved that car... lost it in an accident a couple years ago! Those v6's have more potential than GT owners realize!!! I respect the v6's even though I am now a GT owner...
Old 01-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Please read above and lets see the single out part ...

And Ive done the research I need to
If any one reads this whole thread, and not just the parts you pick, they will see you making comments such as!.. How I suck at life!.. 1200$ and can only run low 14s!.. How pathetic!...

Even though I know you will not answer it!... How much cash did you blow just to run low 14s?...
Old 01-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #45
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
This is supposed to be such an anti drama forum but I dont see mods getting the crap out of the 3.8 section that doesn't need to be. OP asked about beating a GT and GT guys wanna run their mouth. And mods wanna basically join in. Either help or get lost seriously ... your not standing up to the rules around here and inforcing them anyways...
You have not reported a single post to us. You instead take it upon yourself to publicly berate other members and complain that things aren't the way you want them.

This is my last warning to a select group of people here. If you can not act like adults then you will be banned from posting.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

to the op, save some money, find some used forced induction and you will never look back. (except for the rear view to see the gt you just waxed )

Quote:
Thank you. Im Sick people calling this stupid. If you don't have anything good to help me with then don't post in the thread! It's not that hard
we are trying to help get rid of the guys saying get a v8 and not actually helping, but it's not working. try reporting their posts like i did.

there you go brent. do something about them.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I think the vortech would be best for me with divorced duals
Old 01-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang07GTgirl
I loved my 2000 v6 to death!!! We put in lots of time, money, and heart into that car! We threw in a new screamin' demon coil pack, livewires, bbk cold air intake, true dual exhaust, a shift kit, a detroit tru trak LSD, and some 4:10 gears! That car flew off the line and kept up with stock GT's... and was well on its way to beating them! I loved that car... lost it in an accident a couple years ago! Those v6's have more potential than GT owners realize!!! I respect the v6's even though I am now a GT owner...
What's a Detroit tru trak LSD?
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:
to the op, save some money, find some used forced induction and you will never look back. (except for the rear view to see the gt you just waxed )

we are trying to help get rid of the guys saying get a v8 and not actually helping, but it's not working. try reporting their posts like i did.

there you go brent. do something about them.
^^^
Thank you, never realized the OP even said something against that ... shoulda been soved after he said that ...

Quote:
I think the vortech would be best for me with divorced duals
Vortech's occasionaly come about. Your very limited on setups honestly.
Im a n/a guy, ill tell you to go FI. The FI guys will tell you not to waste your time/money.

Vortech probably will barely break 300whp, not 100% sure on that though.
99% of people who go N/A build go Nitrous, then go supercharger, then go turbo.
Spend 5x the amount they should have instead of going turbo from the start.

I will HIGHLY reccomend you look into that if you seriously plan on modding and going FI.

I know a couple people who can make you some of the stuff you need for a turbo, do not fall for ebay kits.
I promise if you plan on going this fara turbo is what you want to do !!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Plan out your build and go from there!.. If you want power now a SC is generally the way to go!.. If you want top end power then go turbo!..
Old 01-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

turbo will make more power than a vortech/procharger unless you go with a really big turbocharger.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Plan out your build and go from there!.. If you want power now a SC is generally the way to go!.. If you want top end power then go turbo!..
Or as JT did, get a turbo that spools at abou 2800 and have top and low end.

All depends on your set up, most big turbo set ups dont get much low end, do it right and you'll be all like wtf is a whipple ?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
not necessarily. a vortech/procharger's boost is rpm based so that is top end power. turbo can be for any end of the spectrum.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6procharged

not necessarily. a vortech/procharger's boost is rpm based so that is top end power. turbo can be for any end of the spectrum.
A turbo is also rpm based!.. Lol.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I looked on vortechs website and they discontinued it for v6s
Old 01-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A turbo is also rpm based!.. Lol.
not really, they run off exhaust. you can have full boost at 3k rpms if you wanted.

Quote:
I looked on vortechs website and they discontinued it for v6s
look around for used kits. i will be selling my procharger kit once the turbo kit gets finished and i get it put on. but i have a couple others ahead of you if you were interested.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #57
Road Trip!

Quote:
not really, they run off exhaust. you can have full boost at 3k rpms if you wanted.

look around for used kits. i will be selling my procharger kit once the turbo kit gets finished and i get it put on. but i have a couple others ahead of you if you were interested.
As I said, SC guys end up going turbo in the end
Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6procharged

Awe I wish I could buy it but I'm a teen and I lost my job I don't want to heavily modify my car. I'll look around. When I get the money I will get divorced duals and a procharger

How much hp you make with the prochager?
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As I said, SC guys end up going turbo in the end
not always. i just want to go faster and for the money to upgrade to a d1sc, it was more logical for me to swap like i wanted

Quote:
Awe I wish I could buy it but I'm a teen and I lost my job I don't want to heavily modify my car. I'll look around. When I get the money I will get divorced duals and a procharger

How much hp you make with the prochager?
not really sure. on a stock motor with 11lbs, you will hit around 300rwhp. i have ran 7.75 @89mph in the 1/8th on 12lbs, have a built motor though.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #60
Road Trip!

he's being hard headed

TURBO, no slocharger or its little brother the vortech.
Spend same, much more power, be happy.

But I understand the young and no money.

Im glad I never did **** to my first car.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
he's being hard headed

TURBO, no slocharger or its little brother the vortech.
Spend same, much more power, be happy.

But I understand the young and no money.

Im glad I never did **** to my first car.
lol wrong, i am very happy with my procharger. i will agree about the non intercooled vortech though lol
Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
not always. i just want to go faster and for the money to upgrade to a d1sc, it was more logical for me to swap like i wanted

not really sure. on a stock motor with 11lbs, you will hit around 300rwhp. i have ran 7.75 @89mph in the 1/8th on 12lbs, have a built motor though.
i talked to my dad about it and he said i would have to build a new tranny and rear end but im not going to be doing anything serious. i just want to kick the crap out of my friends gt

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

what is the best place to get a procharger or vortech?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #63
Road Trip!

Well, americanmuscle has a kit I think for a procharger or something.

If your an automatic, it'll hold. T5, not so much.
rear end, just fine a 8.8 from a GT, its the same axles anyways, and its a direct swap if you get it from the same body style.

I race my friends GT auto at the 1/8th alot and win. 230whp stock auto and an 8.8 w/ 3.73 gears. The extra tq and hp from a procharger will give you what you need to not need a lower gear like that. You'd whoop up on him easily.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

do you know wat i wold need to change if i do get a kit?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #65
Road Trip!

Depends on the kit
Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Depends on the kit
ProCharger Stage II Intercooled Mustang Supercharger System (99-04 V6) 1FI202-SCI - Free Shipping!

or

ProCharger High Output Intercooled Mustang Supercharger System (99-04 V6) 1FI212-SCI - Free Shipping!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout

What's a Detroit tru trak LSD?
It is a limited slip differential... Detroit Tru Trak is the brand... On the v6's one of their flaws are that they only have power to one rear wheel... So this Detroit Tru Trak LSD locks up the rear end giving it power to both wheels! It did amazing things for my v6!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

What would I have to change if I got one of those superchargers from am?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #69
Road Trip!

ask them lol Im not familiar with their kits. I never looked at them much.
pretty good tech line if you call
Old 01-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

If you guys added a procharger I would like to hear what you had changed on your stang

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang