Cold Air Intake - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom239

no **** sherlock with all due respect my liege
Because it silences.. That's it. There is zero gained by removing it.
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Re: Cold Air Intake

lol...
whyxitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Snorkel Lmmfao.. Taking the silencer off makes ZERO difference dyno tested tried and true. The only time the difference between metal and plastic matters in terms of heat soak is at the drag strip or dyno and no race is won on a dyno. On the highway everything becomes heat soaked.

Please refrain from telling ppl to STFU. First last and final warning in regards.
i would like to see your dyno tests on this.

to the op, sonic and mike are correct. yes it is generally a first mod and makes the owner feel good about doing it because it's easy, but in all reality, it's for the looks. you could achieve the same gains by removing the silencer and dropping in a good filter. the gains are minimal on our v6's regardless.
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Snorkel Lmmfao.. Taking the silencer off makes ZERO difference dyno tested tried and true. The only time the difference between metal and plastic matters in terms of heat soak is at the drag strip or dyno and no race is won on a dyno. On the highway everything becomes heat soaked.

Please refrain from telling ppl to STFU. First last and final warning in regards.
Thank you for taking him up on the stfu part I thought it was very unnecessary.

CAI isn't a tune. Minimal gains we all know.. Not exactly 500$ either. Good way to feel close to your car, and be proud about what you did. I think ppl got upset because you talked down on CAI when the post owner and others have what you was dissing on. He felt good about the CAI and putting it in and you told him he wasted his money and talked down on it. That would upset anyone I would think. Learn to think of others feelings when you post... You came of as an ***.. Legitly.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Ahh it's no big deal. Why the hell would I mod a v6 anyway? Just to feel good So that's why I'll stand by a tune, CAI, and anything cosmetic until I can buy a car actually built for performance! No hard feelings.
bobbytheapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytheapple View Post
Ahh it's no big deal. Why the hell would I mod a v6 anyway? Just to feel good So that's why I'll stand by a tune, CAI, and anything cosmetic until I can buy a car actually built for performance! No hard feelings.
this v6 crowd doesnt seem to get the concept that a v6 has plenty of potential. you all should check out v6power.net if you really want to get some tech. the people there have actually tried and tested several setups and know what works for our motors.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6procharged

i would like to see your dyno tests on this.

to the op, sonic and mike are correct. yes it is generally a first mod and makes the owner feel good about doing it because it's easy, but in all reality, it's for the looks. you could achieve the same gains by removing the silencer and dropping in a good filter. the gains are minimal on our v6's regardless.
Exactly.
Not my dyno tests. MM&FF about 10-15 years ago....
Old 01-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Exactly.
Not my dyno tests. MM&FF about 10-15 years ago....
oh okay. and btw, you should stick to the same amount of years if you want to atleast sound like you know what you are talking about. earlier you said it was 20 years ago. just pointing out facts.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytheapple View Post
These 3.8 base engines have officially been taken to 800rwhp

A stock engine can easily and safely be put into the 350whp range for 4k tops.

Plenty of performance here to be had if you just put some effort in.

And if your reffering to getting a gT for performance dont get a new edge 2v. 4v modular or a 302 base block is your best options

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6procharged View Post
oh okay. and btw, you should stick to the same amount of years if you want to atleast sound like you know what you are talking about. earlier you said it was 20 years ago. just pointing out facts.
Must have been a foxbody 3.8 ...
SenorMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorMike View Post
These 3.8 base engines have officially been taken to 800rwhp

A stock engine can easily and safely be put into the 350whp range for 4k tops.

Plenty of performance here to be had if you just put some effort in.

And if your reffering to getting a gT for performance dont get a new edge 2v. 4v modular or a 302 base block is your best options

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Must have been a foxbody 3.8 ...
this would all be true sir. and several v6's with 600rwhp+
Old 01-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
I have a push rod 302 and i was only making my comment because of the stfu remark no body really cares what some one has to say we all caree how its said! So just dont be rude please
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

sorry to interupt on the argument guys. but is this 75 $ CAI worth the bucks. i just wana improve the looks under the hood really, but should i still spend it on a good brand CAI ?

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I like the 75 dollar one and you never need to change the filter for a while
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Get it, it's nice and easy to put in and feel accomplished.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Looks very nice and the sound is sweet

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

SWEET thanks guys i know what im buying with my next check

Low2v
Old 01-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Glad u found some help to make ur mind up. Totally agree if looks r most important the 75$$ is minor. Im also glad to see that the profarmance can be improved for less then that weather or not i agree with the manor in which it was presented. It is sound advice for those more intrested in proformance and saving coin then looks so thank u for that. Not to start anything but to end it i will say this, a diffrent approch other then insulting ppl b4 giving advice may be a more affective way to stay on topic with out steping on ppls toes or presenting ones self in a "dim" way. U will learn there are ppl who believe a strong person looks out for them selves but a stronger person will allways look out for others remember that and u will avoid problems like this pointless back and forth. Dont and some one will allways call u on it and ur point will be lost in the cross fire.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
Glad u found some help to make ur mind up. Totally agree if looks r most important the 75$$ is minor. Im also glad to see that the profarmance can be improved for less then that weather or not i agree with the manor in which it was presented. It is sound advice for those more intrested in proformance and saving coin then looks so thank u for that. Not to start anything but to end it i will say this, a diffrent approch other then insulting ppl b4 giving advice may be a more affective way to stay on topic with out steping on ppls toes or presenting ones self in a "dim" way. U will learn there are ppl who believe a strong person looks out for them selves but a stronger person will allways look out for others remember that and u will avoid problems like this pointless back and forth. Dont and some one will allways call u on it and ur point will be lost in the cross fire.
well said Hawk +1 were all buddies here. I love sixxer and im sure all of us on this section feel the same

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay

well said Hawk +1 were all buddies here. I love sixxer and im sure all of us on this section feel the same
*i love my sixxer

Low2v
Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #53
Road Trip!

If you plan on getting serious with your mods and want to make a decent amount of power you do not want to dive off into getting a CAI. For example, if you get a windstar swap (split port guys), VAP's design comes with a "CAI" on it basically. Their fore you've spend at min: 75$ on a CAI that you'll just throw away or sit on the shelf. With the windstar upper intake you should feel a difference in power w/ that 15ft/lbs increase. And the tone will sound better as well. But the looks of a windstar vs a stock intake and CAI is incomparable. So with this said, if you have bigger future plans, save yourself some money and plan things out and spend accordingly.

If you do not plan on doing anything with the car, just want some better looks, then yes a basic CAI is the way to go !!! Its all based on your future realistic goals.

Know also that: A CAI will NOT, I repeat, Will NOT change the exhaust tone on our cars, many people say this and it is a FALSE statement. What you are hearing is the sound of air moving through the intake system. Not exhaust. Dont get confused.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorMike
If you plan on getting serious with your mods and want to make a decent amount of power you do not want to dive off into getting a CAI. For example, if you get a windstar swap (split port guys), VAP's design comes with a "CAI" on it basically. Their fore you've spend at min: 75$ on a CAI that you'll just throw away or sit on the shelf. With the windstar upper intake you should feel a difference in power w/ that 15ft/lbs increase. And the tone will sound better as well. But the looks of a windstar vs a stock intake and CAI is incomparable. So with this said, if you have bigger future plans, save yourself some money and plan things out and spend accordingly.

If you do not plan on doing anything with the car, just want some better looks, then yes a basic CAI is the way to go !!! Its all based on your future realistic goals.

Know also that: A CAI will NOT, I repeat, Will NOT change the exhaust tone on our cars, many people say this and it is a FALSE statement. What you are hearing is the sound of air moving through the intake system. Not exhaust. Dont get confused.
i see what u mean. well im still deciding right noe for future plans. when my tax times comes in i will either be searching for a gt and just keep my sixxer as a cruiser or put money into my sixxer. idk yet the route to take but the idea alone of my sixxer with so much power excites me

Low2v
Old 01-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:

+1 and thank u for changing ur approch this was much more effective in getting ur point across i agree with this statment 100%
Old 01-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #56
Road Trip!

Used to other forums where you can **** with people and no one gets hurt lol
Old 01-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Used to other forums where you can **** with people and no one gets hurt lol
u got any pics of ur setup under ur hood

Low2v
Old 01-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #58
Road Trip!

No pics, but this vid of open exhaust shows some under hood:
Old 01-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

damn thats a beautiful car !! it sounds amaging ! where can i get me one of those setups

Low2v
Old 01-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #60
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
damn thats a beautiful car !! it sounds amaging ! where can i get me one of those setups
Here is full exhaust:

-_-

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote:
And thank you.

Mod list 0_o

40th Ann. Special Edition (2004 40th Ann. Special Ed.)

F150 4.2
Custom cam from esg642t on the forums
P&P heads/lower intake done esg642t on the forums
Winstar Upper Intake
915 beehive springs
Comp Retainers
Comp PRs on intakes
ASP 25% UDP
24# injectors
GT 8.8 w/ 3.73s
Pacesetter Long tubes (yes its an auto)
Prochamber w/ All Flow Cats
Flowmaster 40s
3.5'' Tips
SCT hand held tunner
Dyno Tune July 8th by HPP Racing
HPP Racing

Mach1 Chin Spoiler
Mach1 Grille Delete
GT rear sway bar
GT rear bumper w/ black letter inserts from Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle
GT side scoops
6'' cut off antenna
Tri Bar Pony floor mats from AM
Black w/ Chrome lip FR500s 18X9/18X10
Black Painted Brakes
DB Drive Speed series 10'' Sub 120.2 Amp, In a Super Pro Box on the Mach460 system
3rd LED brake light from AM
Tinted tail lights w/ VHT
Sexy Driver Supplied by: My parents about 21 years ago did the dirty and well here i am.

For Performance products: esg642t on the forums

Video's:
mikewellzss's Channel - YouTube
Pictures:
http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/a...004%20Mustang/

The nightmare Ive went through for this car:
Cam Installation *Now with time slips*
Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Well I was reading this forum and went to your YouTube link to your videos and saw some old guy at taco bell flipping on the bar. Sir I must say that it made my day
Ware12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware12 View Post
Well I was reading this forum and went to your YouTube link to your videos and saw some old guy at taco bell flipping on the bar. Sir I must say that it made my day
haha thats a man I used to work for.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Here is full exhaust:

-_-

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

And thank you.

Mod list 0_o

40th Ann. Special Edition (2004 40th Ann. Special Ed.)

F150 4.2
Custom cam from esg642t on the forums
P&P heads/lower intake done esg642t on the forums
Winstar Upper Intake
915 beehive springs
Comp Retainers
Comp PRs on intakes
ASP 25% UDP
24# injectors
GT 8.8 w/ 3.73s
Pacesetter Long tubes (yes its an auto)
Prochamber w/ All Flow Cats
Flowmaster 40s
3.5'' Tips
SCT hand held tunner
Dyno Tune July 8th by HPP Racing
HPP Racing

Mach1 Chin Spoiler
Mach1 Grille Delete
GT rear sway bar
GT rear bumper w/ black letter inserts from Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle
GT side scoops
6'' cut off antenna
Tri Bar Pony floor mats from AM
Black w/ Chrome lip FR500s 18X9/18X10
Black Painted Brakes
DB Drive Speed series 10'' Sub 120.2 Amp, In a Super Pro Box on the Mach460 system
3rd LED brake light from AM
Tinted tail lights w/ VHT
Sexy Driver Supplied by: My parents about 21 years ago did the dirty and well here i am.

For Performance products: esg642t on the forums

Video's:
mikewellzss's Channel - YouTube
Pictures:
http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/a...004%20Mustang/

The nightmare Ive went through for this car:
Cam Installation *Now with time slips*
wow! u sir...are a genius

Low2v
Old 01-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #64
Road Trip!

haha im adding a 3200 Revmax stall. And will be adding a 100 shot and calling it quits on power adders on this car.

I got two other mustangs I can play with
Old 01-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
haha im adding a 3200 Revmax stall. And will be adding a 100 shot and calling it quits on power adders on this car.

I got two other mustangs I can play with
well u done took that little sixxer to the maxx. well played

Low2v
Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #66
Road Trip!

Quote:
well u done took that little sixxer to the maxx. well played
max ? Hell I aint done high compression pistons ....

Shoulda just turbo'd the dang thing and ran 100whp more then what I am now and spent less ... oh well

But max is more like 800whp im only 230
Old 01-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

max ? Hell I aint done high compression pistons ....

Shoulda just turbo'd the dang thing and ran 100whp more then what I am now and spent less ... oh well

But max is more like 800whp im only 230
well it looks crazy good under the hood. i would love my car to look that good under the hood

Low2v
Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #68
Road Trip!

no no no this look crazy good

http://tmaturbo.com/Customers/Jays/smnewkit1.jpg
Old 01-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Dang I think that may be the sexiest engine bay that I've ever seen....
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #70
Road Trip!

Just another V6 :p

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
cold air intake