Question for Supercharger/Turbo owners - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: South Dakota
Question for Supercharger/Turbo owners

So, after you dump thousands of dollars into your engine compartment
with all of the related expenses involved in the proper and complete (forged internals, ported heads and U/L intake etc) installation of a supercharger or a turbo onto your engine...

Do you have full coverage insurance? Are the additional components insured also? I mean if you have a $3k car with a $5-6k engine and the car is stolen or destroyed, are you covered for the total value of the car? Or have you just basically taken a handful of cash and lit it on fire?

I am just curious because one of my friends has a procharger that he hinting would fit on my car but I don't want to even go there if I can't get back the majority of the investment...

01 V6 5 spd
Windstar upper, shorty headers, high-flow catted X, American Thunder catback, SCT Tuner, ASP 25% UDP, FRPP T-Lok
Just_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Re: Question for Supercharger/Turbo owners

Modding a car is always taking a handful of cash and lighting it on fire...

with that said adding "custom" to an insurance policy only raised the price another 11$/month
Things that don't belong on a Mustang: 20+" wheels, altezza lights, halo headlights, neon underglow, body kits that don't come from saleen or roush.
ESG642T is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang