bugging out dashboard/battery light help! electrical problems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
Region: New York
bugging out dashboard/battery light help! electrical problems

Alright im new to this site and can't seem to figure out whats wrong. My car starts perfectly and runs fine everytime. Just everytime i drive it the battery light comes on the dash, then all the dash lights light up (abs, traction etc), then the dash fails meaning it all goes black (no spleen, rpm everything dropped as the car is off). With this my headlights still work, turn signals just my radio goes out but the bass still works, Windows won't open, basically all interior electrical fails. People say its my alternator but this has been going on for about a month and the car always starts, the battery never drained. In fact the battery is overcharging at about 15. I don't trust mechanics and would love to work myself but i dont know the problem....help please!

Btw its a 2005 v6 4.0 l
ponyobsessed is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang