Still chasing electrical issue... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Still chasing electrical issue...

At this point I'm just plain irritated. If I touch the break pedal all the light in and on the car dim for a second. If the car is sitting and running in neutral and I push in the brakes the rpm dip and stay down as long as the pedal is pressed. Let off and the rpm pop back up and she's fine. And now once in a blue moon when I go to start it she clicks and nothing happens. Pop the hood and jiggle the battery cables and she starts. So naturally one would think loose cables. Nope made sure everything was tight, followed all the cables to make sure I had no pinches or cuts and made sure the grounds were good. I went ahead and threw in a new starter, bat, and altenator and nothing has changed. I've got to be over looking something. What else could I be missing?!! I don't mind throwing parts at a problem to fix it because then I know those parts are new, but this time it didn't fix it. So that peace of mind doesn't mean s*** to me when I still can't find the issue. I'm tired of getting the finger on the highway at night because people think I am flashing my high beams at em.
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
At this point I'm just plain irritated. If I touch the break pedal all the light in and on the car dim for a second. If the car is sitting and running in neutral and I push in the brakes the rpm dip and stay down as long as the pedal is pressed. Let off and the rpm pop back up and she's fine. And now once in a blue moon when I go to start it she clicks and nothing happens. Pop the hood and jiggle the battery cables and she starts. So naturally one would think loose cables. Nope made sure everything was tight, followed all the cables to make sure I had no pinches or cuts and made sure the grounds were good. I went ahead and threw in a new starter, bat, and altenator and nothing has changed. I've got to be over looking something. What else could I be missing?!! I don't mind throwing parts at a problem to fix it because then I know those parts are new, but this time it didn't fix it. So that peace of mind doesn't mean s*** to me when I still can't find the issue. I'm tired of getting the finger on the highway at night because people think I am flashing my high beams at em.
Do you have subs? I noticed that my cars headlights dim when i press both windows up and all the lights started acting funny after i installed my sub and amp.
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
It had no amp or subs. I'm sure I have a cable or wire issue, I just need to track it down now....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang