have you or how do you seafoam? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I wanna hear everyone's method
Vile87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
In a ford truck I had with the straight six I ran it trough the vacuum line off the brake booster....on my ford diesel I drained my fuel filter and poured it straight into the housing....my GT doesn't need it yet but maybe one day she will get some
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm searching around for the best ideas cause I'm getting ready to give it a try on my crimson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

In a gas engine I believe the best way is direct through the vacuum so it's more concentrated....I could be wrong though...but be ready for some smoke action!!! My brother and I smoked out an apt complex parking lot when we did his truck!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #5

I work at an auto parts store and my customers usually peter the booster method. I did that with my Nissan frontier and it sure did smoke but it does the job.
Devilwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ill make sure to park by a ricer n smoke up his rice
Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Re: have you or how do you seafoam?

so you disconnect a vaccum line and then stick it in the seafoam can?

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
so you disconnect a vaccum line and then stick it in the seafoam can?
i cut a can in half and poured some seafoam in it and just let the vaccum line suck it right up. i also poured some in the gas tank but if you pour some in the gas tank but i changed the fuel filter after.

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota

I use a large funnel, a 2" rubber ball, and a full can of SeaFoam.

Once engine is at normal operating temperature, I attach the funnel to the power brake booster hose, drop ball into funnel to seal vacuum leak, start engine, pour can into funnel, reach in and pull the ball out. I like to introduce the SeaFoam into the engine all at once, not slowly trickled in.

The engine sucks the SeaFoam in and dies... Shut off ignition, go in the house and have a sandwich, check email, watch a Gilligan's Island rerun or whatever it takes to kill 20-30 minutes. Then go out and start the car..... I do not rev the engine. I let it idle until smoke clears and exhaust appears clean.

I also add a can of SeaFoam to the gas tank about every 5,000 miles just to keep the injectors clean.

I also add a full can of SeaFoam to the oil about every 10,000 miles just prior to an oil change. I usually drive around for about 30 minutes so that it is well circulated and dump the oil while the engine is still hot.

SeaFoam is almost magical in how it does so many positive things to/for your engine.

Just my 2 cents.....
Old 01-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Just finished feeding the sea foam.20 mins n ill start up

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Hey guys I just started my car, followed all the instructions but I got not smoke out my exhaust. Did I do something wrong?

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Sea foam through vacuum, some in engine oil, n some in gas tank.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
what is SeaFoam and yes i did just ask that
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

It could be that it was pretty clean so nothing burned off or it could be also that you divided a can to three places and it wasn't enough through the vacuum to be super concentrated
Old 01-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well every where I read said to use 1/3 for vacuum n split the rest up

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Would if be safe ignite try again ?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Shoot I hit the whole can up at once while my brother slowly reved the truck so it wouldn't die
Old 01-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

That's why I stoped. The car kept wanting to die so I felt I might be over.doing it
Old 01-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

When we would do it My brother would just raise the rpms up a hair and I would slowly keep giving it the juice and I would just have to give it some then stop then give it more etc.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #17

They way I go about it at my shop is by letting the engine come up to temp then inject it upstream of the throttle body doing so will clean the intake plenum which is usually full of oil residue and deposits due to the PCV system, it may be hard to do this if u do not have an apparatus to due this with but by far the best way the vac line is an OK way if done slowly doin the funnel and ball trick is NOT a good idea at all if u do not believe me look up an engine that has been hydro-locked liquid does not compress and by dumping it in at such a high rate could sink a valve, crack a piston, bend/break a rod, take out a bearing, or a head gasket I'm not trying to be rude to the guy that suggested it, but ive been a certified tech for years and It's very possible, good luck bud, keep yer steed on road
STRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
They way I go about it at my shop is by letting the engine come up to temp then inject it upstream of the throttle body doing so will clean the intake plenum which is usually full of oil residue and deposits due to the PCV system, it may be hard to do this if u do not have an apparatus to due this with but by far the best way the vac line is an OK way if done slowly doin the funnel and ball trick is NOT a good idea at all if u do not believe me look up an engine that has been hydro-locked liquid does not compress and by dumping it in at such a high rate could sink a valve, crack a piston, bend/break a rod, take out a bearing, or a head gasket I'm not trying to be rude to the guy that suggested it, but ive been a certified tech for years and It's very possible, good luck bud, keep yer steed on road
I learned this method from an instructional video provided by a BG sales rep that was selling a product made by BG called "44K". I've been doing it this way since 1998 with no damage so far. The vacuum hose isn't large enough to empty the funnel instantly, it takes a few seconds (3-4) to suck it all in.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #19

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-246126347.png
Views:	239
Size:	782.9 KB
ID:	39298

I sell BG products this is what's used
Old 01-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRAT
Well what do I need to shoot up throttle? I mean I have what I need to remove all components but is there something special to sea foam your particular way/
Old 01-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #21

To be honest a really easy was is to remove the intake tube and unplug your mass air sensor, this will cause you PCM to throw a code and check engine light will illuminate but must parts stores can clear it and will do it for free, get one of those spray bottles that you can pump up to pressurize and mist it into the t-body, you may have to manually feather the throttle to keep the engine running but usually by unplugging the maf sensor it will fall into fail safe and run half ***, just be aware it is not a magic cure just running good fuel and oil goes along way, I hope I've givin u some insite if u have any further questions feel free to pm or you can email me from my web site at siemstire.com good luck bud
Old 01-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

You where right. I did a whole bottle up the vacuum and it worked this time. Too bad for that toyota mini.van parked behind me
Old 01-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I think that's the best part, smokin it out!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang