Whats this? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Whats this?

Hats this and is it compatible with the SCT tuner?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/diablo...afia-9604.html
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Whats this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
Hats this and is it compatible with the SCT tuner?

Diablosport MAFia (96-04 All) F7373 - Free Shipping!
It is a MAF Sensor Tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM on their website
The Diablosport MAFia Mass Air Flow Calibrator is a direct plug and play upgrade adapter for all 1996 to 2004 Mustangs, including the V6 GT, Bullitt, Mach 1 and SVT Cobra models with either a stock factory or aftermarket MAF sensor.

The Diablosport "MAFia" MAF Interface Adapter is perfect for applications where the stock mass air meter "pegs" due to increased air flow. When the MAF sensor reaches 5 volts, it "pegs the meter" maxing out the signal, preventing you from making peak horse power at higher RPMs, but the MAFia extends this signal allowing your Mustang to make up to 800 RWHP without "pegging the meter".

Don't know if it is compatible for sure. You will have to ask the sales or tech person at AM.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion

No it's not compatible, its a cheaper tuning option instead of buying a full scale tune. A tuner will tap into your MAF through the EEC and you tune what is called the MAF Transfer Function. This is how you acheive maximum horsepower. This Diablo thing will screw your car since it's not made specificly for your engine setup.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion View Post
No it's not compatible, its a cheaper tuning option instead of buying a full scale tune. A tuner will tap into your MAF through the EEC and you tune what is called the MAF Transfer Function. This is how you acheive maximum horsepower. This Diablo thing will screw your car since it's not made specificly for your engine setup.
Thanks "97Stallion" for adding that extra Details on that item. Many times, people comment on items, but they do not give the extra detail that helps us understand, what's going on.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
Thanks "97Stallion" for adding that extra Details on that item. Many times, people comment on items, but they do not give the extra detail that helps us understand, what's going on.
No problem!! The diablo tuner might give you some gains, but you would be better off having a dyno tune so you don't blow up your car. I tune my own vehicle and I've made 7 different tunes trying to get it just right.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:

That's not correct at all.
It is not a "cheaper" tuning option, it is basically a range extender/calibrator for the MAF and is made to be used with a tuner if your MAF pegs or maxes out.

It won't screw your car, it's made for the MAF not engine setups.

See this page - MAFia

"The DiabloSport MAFia provides real world plug and play control of your vehicles "Mass Air Meter",(MAF). MAFia allows you to precisely control and regulate MAF sensor voltage eliminating the need for prefabricated custom MAF Sensors.

The Diablosport "MAFia" MAF Interface Adapter is perfect for applications where the stock mass air meter "pegs" due to increased air flow. When the MAF sensor reaches 5 volts, it "pegs the meter" maxing out the signal, preventing you from making peak horse power at higher RPMs, but the MAFia extends this signal allowing your Mustang to make up to 800 RWHP without "pegging the meter".
Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

It is not a "cheaper" tuning option, it is basically a range extender/calibrator for the MAF and is made to be used with a tuner if your MAF pegs or maxes out.

See this page - MAFia

"The DiabloSport MAFia provides real world plug and play control of your vehicles "Mass Air Meter",(MAF). MAFia allows you to precisely control and regulate MAF sensor voltage eliminating the need for prefabricated custom MAF Sensors.

+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

See this page - MAFia

Wow...
You sir are correct.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
+11
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Wow...
You sir are correct.
Thanks guys. It's good to have confirmation.
Anyone can make a mistake.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post

See this page - MAFia

The MAFia is a crappy tuning option. Maybe not crappy option, but not ideal IMO. I have yet to see anyones V6 MAF peg with a proper tune. This is why I recommend a dyno tune. My statement is correct, i just left out all the fancy talk you copy and pasted. And the reason i said it would screw your car is because you will get some run of the mill tunes to plug in and they will only be guesstimates not a true tune. this is why mail order chips are a waste of money. And it will screw your car if you get an improper program to play with. The MAF is a very delicate piece off equipment which deals with very precise values in the MAF transfer function. I'll take a picture of the SCT racing software to show everyone what I'm talking about.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion

The MAFia is a crappy tuning option. Maybe not crappy option, but not ideal IMO. I have yet to see anyones V6 MAF peg with a proper tune. This is why I recommend a dyno tune. My statement is correct, i just left out all the fancy talk you copy and pasted. And the reason i said it would screw your car is because you will get some run of the mill tunes to plug in and they will only be guesstimates not a true tune. this is why mail order chips are a waste of money. And it will screw your car if you get an improper program to play with. The MAF is a very delicate piece off equipment which deals with very precise values in the MAF transfer function. I'll take a picture of the SCT racing software to show everyone what I'm talking about.
It's not a programmer or tuner for the ECU, it's solely for the MAF band..
Mail order tunes are not a waste of money if they are from a reputable tuner and use reputable software, now if you ordered an eBay chip or an electric super charger, then... There are THOUSANDS of happy Mustang owners running canned tunes.
If you have just a handful of minor mods they are great, meaning a CDT is a waste of money for a CAI, exhaust, and some minor ignition parts. Especially at $300 for 3 pulls and tuning, not my opinion but that of FastLane and PCM, both are major dyno /speed shops. In fact both places said 'waste of your money'. Why would they say that if it were not true?

I've had two 95 GT's with SCT 4bank chips, a 5spd and an auto. Been super happy with the gains over w/o the chip.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Please read what I posted.
It is not a crappy tuning option and your statement is not correct. I am not here to argue with you, but you are obviously confused as to what the MAFia is and does. I was only trying to clear that up. The OP just asked what it was and if it was compatible with the SCT. He did not ask for an all out comparison or recommendation on tuning. Maybe you should read the "Fancy Talk" I copied and pasted? I did that to provide the OP with the best information I could find. Usually the people who manufacture or sell the products know more about them than anyone else, wouldn't you agree?

The MAFia is, simply a range extender for use when engine mods have increased the air intake capabilities of the engine past what your MAF can handle. Most V6 MAFS probably won't ever peg, but a full out forced induction effort V6 could just as easily as a V8. I actually took a similar, but different route for my car. I bought an ABACO MAF that can be tuned via any laptop or PC to ensure compatibility with a wide range of injector sizes and air flows. It won't peg, ever.

You are talking about tuning and dyno tuning and the MAFia is only a portion of tuning and it is directed at the MAF and not the entire tuning procedure or parameters.

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinions, so think whatever you wish.
Like I have said many times before, I'm not here to argue, I'm just trying to make sure the members get the most accurate information I can provide.

Peace.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
+11

The MAFia is generally only for high output motors!.. And anyone who thinks Trojan is wrong needs then to contact DiabloSport themselves!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang