parts help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
parts help

Sup dudes i have a few q's concerning top end modification. After two months research , a few hours baking at the junkyard, a quick stop at the machine shop, alot of cigs and a few tears and im pretty sure a case of carpol tunnel after what seems like forever hitting heads and an intake with a fifty dollar dremel im left with a few questions. first one being how do i go about working on the area behind the valve seats and the top of the combustion chamber. Also when everything is said and done what type of springs and retainers should i be using i have the r/r kit from ssms and the push rods but i didn't want to spend another two fifty for retainers and springs from them if there's a cheaper alternative.The work on the heads is very basic just gasket matched, blended and polished this is not a track car and i a'm by no means a racer so im not looking for a crazy job just a little extra. Another issue im having is how do i go about porting the top of the lower manifold because i have a windstar upper and i dont know how that going to affect things as far as port matching goes because its plastic should i just do the head sides and not the top or will that just defeat the whole purpose of porting it.the last question is pertaining to a tune. Do i need one if i dont get cam if i do need a tune then i want a cam and need a suggestion. thanks alot hope to hear from you guys
l2plagears is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang