PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

almost done with p and p on heads please help me out with these couple q'sthings these are the only things holding me up first one being how do i go about working on the area behind the valve seats and the top of the combustion chamber. Also when everything is said and done what type of springs and retainers should i be using i have the r/r kit from ssms and the push rods but i didn't want to spend another two fifty for retainers and springs from them if there's a cheaper alternative.The work on the heads is very basic just gasket matched, blended and polished this is not a track car and i a'm by no means a racer so im not looking for a crazy job just a little extra. Another issue im having is how do i go about porting the top of the lower manifold because i have a windstar upper and i dont know how that going to affect things as far as port matching goes because its plastic should i just do the head sides and not the top or will that just defeat the whole purpose of porting it.the last question is pertaining to a tune. Do i need one if i dont get cam if i do need a tune then i want a cam and need a suggestion. thanks alot hope to hear from you guys
l2plagears is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

I know someone can help me out with this so please any suggestion helps i'm really close to being done and i just want to get these heads on my car
Old 01-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Bump. I apologize but I know nothing of this. I hope someone reads and can help you out.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Anytime you change the engine you need to get a tune. More air more fuel and also a cam will make a big difference if you have heads,lower intake and also a Windstar intake plus after all this work you wanna do it right.
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man me too im just sitting here looking at em and it's killing........

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Cool ok so cam and tune is a must as far as getting it done right. what about the upper lower port matching issue any sugestion there
Old 01-31-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It's better to get someone who done it before practice makes perfect and also they have the number of how much to cut. Stuff like that but heads,cam,and lower are a great way to add power plus after you can supercharger or turbo
Old 01-31-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

So just leave the windstar untouched for now, will that bottle neck be a big issue for the time being till i find someone who knows whats up while i have your ear any thoughts on springs and retainers. Thanks so much for the time btw.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Changing them depends on number and cam and stuff like that. But you should think about it new and no worrys and the Windstar will be fine. Do it all at once to do it right.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you sooooooooo much man.My goal when all is said and done is 290hp and at least 310 on the neck snapping scale to the wheels ,Thats with boost b.t.w i just wanted to get this done to get the most out the turbo only wanna run like 6 psi
Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Do all this work and run 6 psi at least do 9. Come on you can run 6 now lol
Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I kno.... but i have a stock bottom and i cant afford for that to blow up .........yet
Old 02-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I understand and I wanna get just a cam and be happy. For my mustang I have all bolt on except Windstar and gears
Old 02-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I don't have gears yet either. I like to do everything in one shot and haven't even touched my drivetrain because i haven't found a cheap enough rear end got a ford racing drive shaft from my friend for 80.00 because he decided a p.o.s gsr (wtf) was more his "thing" i'm not hating it just really is a p.o.s oh and a bbk throttle for 50.00

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang