Getting into racing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Getting into racing

Where I live our drag strip isn't that far. A coworker has a 2012 v6 mustang and I wanna take him on at the track whenever I'm done with my mods.
I have a 2000 v6. I'm doing a full tune up. Msd wires, screaming demon, got my plugs in, radiator flush, etc. And I wanna race him with this v6. I'm planing on buy a 600$ motor in my exact year. It only has 65,000 miles on it. I'm going to buy the motor and take it apart peice by piece. Ordering that pack from supersixmotorsports h/c/i some good heads, and a single turbo from TMA turbo. They said the h/c/i will be a 90hp pack for 2500$ and the turbo will get the car to 375 hp at the rear wheels that's for 4000$. And I'm getting a gt rear end, 3.73 gears a bigger fuel pump, and 39 lb. Fuel injectors.

This is my plan. Anyone out there with experience in this. And anyone who says buy a v8, I've made up my mind to make this sixer my daily driver but deadly fast. Later on I'll buy my v8. So what y'all think?
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Nice but remember that's a lot of Man. Love the idea but there cheaper places to build motor
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
Nice but remember that's a lot of Man. Love the idea but there cheaper places to build motor
I just want the power now that's what's the problem. Why i continuous changing my ideas a friend told me just drop a v8 in it. No use paying a car not and modding at the same time. What do you think I should do

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

I really don't wanna part with this car either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I wanna do the same. Do the supporting stuff add the 8.8 rear add. You can change the fuel pump without causing problem. Windstar intake and then we can work on engine man, then turbo
Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
I wanna do the same. Do the supporting stuff add the 8.8 rear add. You can change the fuel pump without causing problem. Windstar intake and then we can work on engine man, then turbo
Right on

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote:
I also did my homework
Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

My goal for this year is to paint and new bumper. I think the motor will be after then turbo if I can get one for cheap and another thing is I wanna do all my work
Old 02-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Performance first looks come last.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

True but motor is a lot of work and money and time
Old 02-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
My tax return is going towards a 2v 4.6 that im gonna spend the summer working on. I make enough each pay check to comfortably save up for all the supporting parts, k-member, wiring harness, rear end and what not, and by the end of august i hope to have her up and running. I could just up and sell her, but id love for it to one day be a car i pass on to my first kid. The redheaded step-child can have the camaro.
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto
My tax return is going towards a 2v 4.6 that im gonna spend the summer working on. I make enough each pay check to comfortably save up for all the supporting parts, k-member, wiring harness, rear end and what not, and by the end of august i hope to have her up and running. I could just up and sell her, but id love for it to one day be a car i pass on to my first kid. The redheaded step-child can have the camaro.
I love it
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto
That last sentence was possibly the best thing I read all day
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorF25

That last sentence was possibly the best thing I read all day
+1

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang