Mustang Evolution Forum banner

84 mustang v6 engine rebuild questions

10K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  l2plagears 
#1 ·
i have an 84 mustang v6, that i plan on rebuilding the engine. it has no oil pressure and everything inside is burnt up, looks like the oil was never changed. does anyone have links as to where i can get new rebuild parts, pistons rods, bearings.

i'd also like to get rid of the fuel injection carb intake and put just a carb on it, is it posible with a another intake manifold?

also like to put some performace parts on it, maybe get a little more hp out of the 6 cylinder engine without going to a v8. it has an automatic trans which i'm going to have rebuilt also.

any help would be great, thanks shawn

#3 · (Edited)
The very first thing you should do is take it to a machine shop to have the block checked out if it was that poorly maintained.You dont wanna rebuild it to find out its cracked and have a really fancy paper weight.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

And really unless it's for some hands on experience in an over haul (which more power too you) i would just get one you know thats in good shape or at least better maintained then the one you have i cant imagine the demand for an 84 v6 motor is too high so the price prob. wont be either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.