supersix powerpack - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
supersix powerpack

im looking into the stage 3 powerpack from supersix motorsports, anybody got info on this package? like what other parts might need to go along with this and a little info on the parts that are included on this?

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Iowa
Re: supersix powerpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
im looking into the stage 3 powerpack from supersix motorsports, anybody got info on this package? like what other parts might need to go along with this and a little info on the parts that are included on this?
Its really not worth the $ on a completely N/A build... you can get similar results a whole lot cheaper.
Gokui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokui

Its really not worth the $ on a completely N/A build... you can get similar results a whole lot cheaper.
what would you suggest ? i'll be happy having my car make 280-300 hp

Low2v
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
what would you suggest ? i'll be happy having my car make 280-300 hp
You won't make that without boost or nitrous.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
You want power buy a v8. I know the disadvantage of a v6, I have one. They are too expensive to make powerful. If I could take all the money I invested on my car, I'd have a mean v8. That's why I'm saving for a v8. On the good side I'll still have a mustang while I make it there. Meaning till I actually have my v8. Just save. And get a v8.
Take this advice.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Its not that hard to gasket match and blend heads bro, get a salvage set and hit em with a grinder and if you want a valve job buy a new set take them and your fresh cleaned up heads to a machine shop and they'll face them for like 100-200 on the high that will cost you 400 bucks total and port your lower manifold just stay clear of the i.m.r.c holes then buy a cam from from ssm and there you go power pack for less then a grand
l2plagears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears
Its not that hard to gasket match and blend heads bro, get a salvage set and hit em with a grinder and if you want a valve job buy a new set take them and your fresh cleaned up heads to a machine shop and they'll face them for like 100-200 on the high that will cost you 400 bucks total and port your lower manifold just stay clear of the i.m.r.c holes then buy a cam from from ssm and there you go power pack for less then a grand
nice !! sounds awesome

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout
You want power buy a v8. I know the disadvantage of a v6, I have one. They are too expensive to make powerful. If I could take all the money I invested on my car, I'd have a mean v8. That's why I'm saving for a v8. On the good side I'll still have a mustang while I make it there. Meaning till I actually have my v8. Just save. And get a v8.
Take this advice.
i got enough for a v8..but dont really wana pay insurence for two cars..dont wana let go of my six either cuz i got it for 500 bucks and put alot of headaches into her.wife likes the v6 to much also so yeah. maybe in a few years after me and the wife r done with school ill buy one of the next gen gt's. for now just want a mean looking, badass right ride v6 with some kind of b@lls in it. dont want to much power just something to make it more fun.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote:

where can i find me some good boost then ? not a fan of nitrous though.

Low2v
Old 02-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay

nice !! sounds awesome

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

i got enough for a v8..but dont really wana pay insurence for two cars..dont wana let go of my six either cuz i got it for 500 bucks and put alot of headaches into her.wife likes the v6 to much also so yeah. maybe in a few years after me and the wife r done with school ill buy one of the next gen gt's. for now just want a mean looking, badass right ride v6 with some kind of b@lls in it. dont want to much power just something to make it more fun.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Me either but it's one or the other.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote:

nice !! sounds awesome

You will if you tried it. You want boost, I'd say turbo. That's just me. Screw those prochargers.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

turbo is less expensive than pro chargers rght ? what parts are needed to go along with a turbo

Low2v
Old 02-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Im keeping my v6. I believe if you do wanna mod a v6, cold air intake, exhaust, tuner, and dyno tune. Done. Like I said tho I'm keeping my sixer it has 126,000 miles but it was like brand knew when I got it. Had 97,000 miles on it. And the girl had it just to go back and forth to work. Mileage is just a number. I'm keeping this v6 till either it dies or until I buy a v8 and give the v6 to my girlfriend who really wants it. Nothing is wrong with a v6. If it's running and it works and performs then it's not worth getting rid of.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote:
turbo is less expensive than pro chargers rght ? what parts are needed to go along with a turbo
TMA turbo google it.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

A v6 can have 290 hp or a little more with a turbo running 10 lbs of boost. I watch a lot of YouTube videos. Nobody here where I live puts money towards a v6.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im keeping my v6. I believe if you do wanna mod a v6, cold air intake, exhaust, tuner, and dyno tune. Done. Like I said tho I'm keeping my sixer it has 126,000 miles but it was like brand knew when I got it. Had 97,000 miles on it. And the girl had it just to go back and forth to work. Mileage is just a number. I'm keeping this v6 till either it dies or until I buy a v8 and give the v6 to my girlfriend who really wants it. Nothing is wrong with a v6. If it's running and it works and performs then it's not worth getting rid of.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

TMA turbo google it.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

A v6 can have 290 hp or a little more with a turbo running 10 lbs of boost. I watch a lot of YouTube videos. Nobody here where I live puts money towards a v6.
+1 same here. alot of gt's or beat up v6's

having a fast v6 looks real creative iMO

Low2v
Old 02-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
Road Trip!

I make almost 500hp out of my v6.... I've spent just as much on this car as my friend has spent on his KB 03 GT and he paid more for the car to start off with with about the same mileage. And hes still trying to keep up with me lol

Having a v6 isn't a disadvantage (ever seen the nissan GTR?), having no knowledge of what your doing is a disadvantage.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I think it is on the pricy side but you make a lot of power. You can even go fi but that is wayy to expensive. If you want power buy a v8. I have my sixxer right now and love it but that's cause I don't really care about power. Because there will always be a car faster than ours. Why bother
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Quote:

Not true. Many people includeing myself have made over 300 HP running N/A. With my shot of nitrous i get around 400.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
I make almost 500hp out of my v6.... I've spent just as much on this car as my friend has spent on his KB 03 GT and he paid more for the car to start off with with about the same mileage. And hes still trying to keep up with me lol

Having a v6 isn't a disadvantage (ever seen the nissan GTR?), having no knowledge of what your doing is a disadvantage.
Well put. That's what I was thinking of when I said there is always going to be a car faster

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion

Not true. Many people includeing myself have made over 300 HP running N/A. With my shot of nitrous i get around 400.
What have you done to it? I would love to know and see if I can do the Same to my v6
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

i was reading about the TMA street/strip kit..
it says it comes with
"3" mild steel single exhaust dump - This exhaust dump can flow 800 + hp . It uses a single 3" exhaust dump pipe routing to underneath the car then splits into a dual 2.5" Y pipe near the tranny area to attach to your dual exhaust.. 3" high flow catalyic converter is an additional add on feature"

so can i still buy my Mac h-pipe to go along with this kit?
and how about the Mac LT headers i want?

Low2v
Old 02-13-2012, 04:24 AM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion View Post
I don't talk in bull crap numbers, I talk in SAE-5 numbers from a dyno (dynojet/mustang dyno/etc)

No engine dyno numbers, no ricer math guesses, nobody has ever made 300RWHP out of an n/a 3.8-4.2L v6 motor. Even Tom Y's Green fox with high compression didn't touch 300rwhp.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokui View Post
True that man.
willrad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

It's always Fun, listening to the fantasy Worlds of Motor racing, always a good chuckle in the morning. Lets make it even more fun by throwing in some realistic facts, that have nothing to do with any of it, like the fact that one of the quickest, fastes cars in the World is a 6 cylinder, It's a Porche, but it's still a 6 banger, so it can be done right? Now getting back to the real world. That is a Porche, let me say that again A Porche. And there are a few Japenese cars that have crazy horses. Why don't some of you guys, call Ford and tell them that they should hire you right away, cause you have what none of them have and can make Huge HP out of 6 bangers, they might hire you right away.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
The new mustang v6 are great it isn't that Ford can't do it. Just wasn't their goal and looking back the car wasn't bad. Any car can be fast with money and time but planning and having a set goal just makes the process easier
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

i dont think Ford would even want to make a super fast v6. i mean, it kinda takes away the whole point of the gt dont ya think? if ricers want to make theyre little 4 bangers go faster, whats wrong with v6 stang owners wanting to make theyres faster?

Low2v
Old 02-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Well I see what your saying and they know that. That why they have the 5.0 and that's the new powerhouse. But the v6 can be a fun car and toy too. I love mine I'm just adding enough to have kick for whenever I just want it.
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
It's always Fun, listening to the fantasy Worlds of Motor racing, always a good chuckle in the morning. Lets make it even more fun by throwing in some realistic facts, that have nothing to do with any of it, like the fact that one of the quickest, fastes cars in the World is a 6 cylinder, It's a Porche, but it's still a 6 banger, so it can be done right? Now getting back to the real world. That is a Porche, let me say that again A Porche. And there are a few Japenese cars that have crazy horses. Why don't some of you guys, call Ford and tell them that they should hire you right away, cause you have what none of them have and can make Huge HP out of 6 bangers, they might hire you right away.
Ford has a v8 car, they won't make a high horsepower 6er it wouldn't look good. It could be done if they wanted to, but then who would buy a GT if the v6 had more power its all marketing. 99-04 ford could have put the 4.2L engine into the v6 mustang but that would have looked too close on paper to the 4.6L GT. Doesn't mean you can't make power out of one.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Lol this conversation

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Just save up for a v8... A v6 could never match.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
Lol this conversation

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Just save up for a v8... A v6 could never match.
What does that even mean a v6 could never match? If your talking "mod for mod" of course 2cylinders and displacement are going to win, but then again 8 more cylinders and 4 turbos would be nice also but none of us own veyrons. Somebody is always faster.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:

What does that even mean a v6 could never match? If your talking "mod for mod" of course 2cylinders and displacement are going to win, but then again 8 more cylinders and 4 turbos would be nice also but none of us own veyrons. Somebody is always faster.
Yeah and you won't have a chance in a v6 either.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

Haha, If built correctly, you can beat most gts. Ha.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Yeah well why waste all that money?
Old 02-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
A chance against what you don't make any sense. I can pull on a 2011GT with no problem, I can pull my friends Kenny Bell GT no problem, new camaros, ls1 camaros, etc. And then I get my *** kicked buy a H/C/Spray'd z06 oh well... I think I have a much better chance than you though.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Maybe it's just me but most of our v6s are high in milage and worn too. You wanna mod that? Id suggest rebuilding first- I wouldn't even bother. Too much trouble. And no a v6 will never outrun a v8. Bc v8s will always be faster. Mod for mod both with the same mods v8 will always win. But them again it isn't the car it's the driver.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote:

A chance against what you don't make any sense. I can pull on a 2011GT with no problem, I can pull my friends Kenny Bell GT no problem, new camaros, ls1 camaros, etc. And then I get my *** kicked buy a H/C/Spray'd z06 oh well... I think I have a much better chance than you though.
But I bet you still live with your parents too...

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote:

Maybe it's just me but most of our v6s are high in milage and worn too. You wanna mod that? Id suggest rebuilding first- I wouldn't even bother. Too much trouble. And no a v6 will never outrun a v8. Bc v8s will always be faster. Mod for mod both with the same mods v8 will always win. But them again it isn't the car it's the driver.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

But I bet you still live with your parents too...
Kid I'd bust your ***. When I run, I run. And I don't stop, on the streets, or track. Id bust your ***
Old 02-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Nope I live in a pretty decent 1 bed room apartment not far from OSU where I'll be graduating in May.

Anyway it seems you just don't understand.. That argument never works because then you can go starting to factor msrp and the original cost of cars and all kinds of crap. Bottom line is if I go out and kick the crap out of some s/c GT with my s/c v6 too bad he should have built his car better, and if a nissan 240sx 4cylinder comes and kicks the crap out of both of us then we both suck doesn't matter.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
Nope I live in a pretty decent 1 bed room apartment not far from OSU where I'll be graduating in May.

Anyway it seems you just don't understand.. That argument never works because then you can go starting to factor msrp and the original cost of cars and all kinds of crap. Bottom line is if I go out and kick the crap out of some s/c GT with my s/c v6 too bad he should have built his car better, and if a nissan 240sx 4cylinder comes and kicks the crap out of both of us then we both suck doesn't matter.
Your the kind of guy I should be hanging around, besides all these idiots I live around who can't even change a plug. You got the guts, I respect that.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Fact is you got me, I'm not good at debating anyways. But I will say this, you got a lot of respect from me.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #33
Road Trip!

I'm not trying to get you man just trying to shed light on a situation.

Example: I know a guy who had a perfectly great running v6 no problems what so ever, he sold it for 3500$ (paid off) and bought a 5700$ GT (now he has a car note) 2200$ difference between the GT and the V6 and then you could factor in the TTL/interest they are eating him with.

He has had that GT almost 2 years, it has his old v6 saleen wheels on it that he took off, and he got springs, cold air intake, and an SCT tuners so far. But he is still paying off that little note. Or he could have taken that 2200$, bought a used vortech kit that was on another 6er site for 1100$, bought 150$ injectors, 150$ pump, and a 500$ tune and been making a solid 300rwhp+ but instead he has his 230ish rwhp and a car note.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
I'm not trying to get you man just trying to shed light on a situation.

Example: I know a guy who had a perfectly great running v6 no problems what so ever, he sold it for 3500$ (paid off) and bought a 5700$ GT (now he has a car note) 2200$ difference between the GT and the V6 and then you could factor in the TTL/interest they are eating him with.

He has had that GT almost 2 years, it has his old v6 saleen wheels on it that he took off, and he got springs, cold air intake, and an SCT tuners so far. But he is still paying off that little note. Or he could have taken that 2200$, bought a used vortech kit that was on another 6er site for 1100$, bought 150$ injectors, 150$ pump, and a 500$ tune and been making a solid 300rwhp+ but instead he has his 230ish rwhp and a car note.
What I want is a 94-04 mustang. A mustang Gt, Mach1, Saleen, roush, or cobra. One of those. Screw those new models and their notes. I can buy an svt cobra for 15k- mod it, which could beat the new gt500.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

And I know what you mean.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #35
Road Trip!

The way my car sits now it will run down a GT500 with a tire....

I can still throw more boost at it, or throw some spray at the car..

But yeah anything can be modded to beat anything... I drive this car thursday-sunday and haven't had a single problem out of it. I also have a stock srt-4 that is my "4 door grocery getter"

You can also look at it this way [well this is kind of how I look at it] I'm 22, in my age very few people can say they have a car as fast as mine, or that they built without daddys money. And some of the guys who are using daddys money still can't beat me.

Now there are guys out with Twin Turbo lambos making 12-1500hp but most of these guys are older, good job, well off, etc. I'm 22 I have a great job offer when I get out of college and in 10 years when I"m 32 maybe I will be one of those guys with a 2200hp lambo (because 1500hp will be old news in 10 years i'm sure)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang