It's Winter, I'm cold - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It's Winter, I'm cold

I changed my thermostat after my car stopped blowing hot air and that fixed the issue for maybe two days. It switches from blowing hot to cold but mostly cold. Can this have anything to do with having a low amount of fluid in the radiator resivor? Plus once in a while driving the temp gauge randomly rises then goes back to normal.. Also if i just sit in the car and let it idle it starts to over heat..
MikeWatkins17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWatkins17
I changed my thermostat after my car stopped blowing hot air and that fixed the issue for maybe two days. It switches from blowing hot to cold but mostly cold. Can this have anything to do with having a low amount of fluid in the radiator resivor? Plus once in a while driving the temp gauge randomly rises then goes back to normal.. Also if i just sit in the car and let it idle it starts to over heat..
Could be a clogged radiator or maybe a dying waterpump. Have you tried flushing the cooling system?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: It's Winter, I'm cold

if its not low on antifreeze .... the question is y though. hole in radiator, hole in heater core, worst case...theres a head gasket issue. fill it up and check for leaks...everywhere.

it could just be an air pocket in there to.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx
if its not low on antifreeze .... the question is y though. hole in radiator, hole in heater core, worst case...theres a head gasket issue. fill it up and check for leaks...everywhere.

Its quick and easy to burp the system, free too so that would be a good start.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

So just fill it up, turn on the car and see if anything is leaking?
MikeWatkins17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang