AGGH! I Broke it! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
AGGH! I Broke it!

Well today my car threw a lean code bank one P0171. She developed a nice loud exhaust leak I could here from inside the car, so natually I got her up on some jacks to see what was going on. Sure enough the cat is puttering really loud and I did see a real nice crack on the exhaust header right at the flange closest to the cat.

I did get on her hard, one good pull when this happened. I just couldn't help it, she pulls soooo much harder now

So my current plan is to buy a new passenger side header, and a new front right cat and O2 sensor. Code came up as soon as the leak got bad so I'm gonna blame the leak for the code. Let's hope I'm right.

The tuner has already come in use again! It was great to be able to pull the codes and datalog her to see what was going on. Everyone should own an SCT Tuner!

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

This is something I've been lucky enough to not experience before, am I barking up the right tree?
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Some shots of her in the air, and my thinken chair.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120306_205845.png
Views:	92
Size:	564.4 KB
ID:	42795

Name:	ForumRunner_20120306_205956.png
Views:	82
Size:	549.2 KB
ID:	42796

Name:	ForumRunner_20120306_210026.png
Views:	98
Size:	618.8 KB
ID:	42797
Old 03-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: AGGH! I Broke it!

A few things:

First, damn you, by reading "how the car pulls so much harder" you're making me antsy to get my car out, no! I have to wait for rain first! Fight the urge!

Second, by reading "how the car pulls so much harder" makes me want to buy my tuner NOW! I have to buy LP to heat my house first, don't make me do something stupid

Third, if you have a cracked header and you can swing an upgrade, get some nice shorties or longtubes

Also it wouldn't be a bad time to eliminate those damn cats or upgrade to hi flows.

That is all

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
A few things:

First, damn you, by reading "how the car pulls so much harder" you're making me antsy to get my car out, no! I have to wait for rain first! Fight the urge!

Second, by reading "how the car pulls so much harder" makes me want to buy my tuner NOW! I have to buy LP to heat my house first, don't make me do something stupid

Third, if you have a cracked header and you can swing an upgrade, get some nice shorties or longtubes

Also it wouldn't be a bad time to eliminate those damn cats or upgrade to hi flows.

That is all
Not getting the tuner would be stupid! I want to keep the cats, don't need it any louder than it is, its already a nightmare with the highway drone, and she spends most of her miles on the highway!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: AGGH! I Broke it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Not getting the tuner would be stupid! I want to keep the cats, don't need it any louder than it is, its already a nightmare with the highway drone, and she spends most of her miles on the highway!
Oh I'll be getting the tuner..I was going to order it now and then install the tunes once I brought the car out but I need LP for my house so I'll wait a month or so and then get the tuner.

I hear ya on keeping the cats, drone's a b*tch...just thinking since you had "problems" that's a good enough excuse to do some changes lol.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

Oh I'll be getting the tuner..I was going to order it now and then install the tunes once I brought the car out but I need LP for my house so I'll wait a month or so and then get the tuner.

I hear ya on keeping the cats, drone's a b*tch...just thinking since you had "problems" that's a good enough excuse to do some changes lol.
I've been doing some thinking, I'm just gonna take em out. I'll deal with the drone if I don't have to worry about another cat.

Side note: For me the tuners unleashed the beast in my Mustang and my Explorer!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang