Still running lean. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Still running lean.

So i bought the sct flash tuner from a.m. loaded all 3 tunes 1 by 1 (really fun b.t.w if you have an auto this is a must) drove about 20 min on each and i am still throwing lean codes. wtf i thought that took care of this i have o/r selet up and was under the impression i was throwing that because of the absence of the cats but when i filled out that tune form for bama i put o/r set up i have no vac leaks i can hear and the car runs fine i cleaned the m.a.f and still the same thing i know i can clear it but i wanna know why its running lean and solve the prob instead of clearing that code all the time and acting like theres no problem any help is appreciated thanks again
l2plagears is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Still running lean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears View Post
So i bought the sct flash tuner from a.m. loaded all 3 tunes 1 by 1 (really fun b.t.w if you have an auto this is a must) drove about 20 min on each and i am still throwing lean codes. wtf i thought that took care of this i have o/r selet up and was under the impression i was throwing that because of the absence of the cats but when i filled out that tune form for bama i put o/r set up i have no vac leaks i can hear and the car runs fine i cleaned the m.a.f and still the same thing i know i can clear it but i wanna know why its running lean and solve the prob instead of clearing that code all the time and acting like theres no problem any help is appreciated thanks again
Did you try doing your own little tune and turning the rear o2 sensors off? Bama is good but sometimes they might overlook things and forgot to write that up in the tune.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

No i havent looked into that do i do that when it promps me to make engine adjustments right before i load one of the tunes or is there a separate menu for that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears View Post
No i havent looked into that do i do that when it promps me to make engine adjustments right before i load one of the tunes or is there a separate menu for that?
I'm not certain which tuner you have, but with mine it asks to make adjustments > Keep prev options/edit options/cancel > edit options > rear 02s off.

I haven't messed with my tuner in a few months so thats a rough memory I have of how the list went. Just play around with your tuner and explore the options and you'll eventually find it.

It will not, however, be with the option of loading performance tunes.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Cool thanks man ima get right on it

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Got it they were turned on thanks for the advice it was under program vehicle then under strategy tune then you had to select a vehicle file then it brought up a list of things you could adjust thanks again yo
Old 03-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears
Cool thanks man ima get right on it

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Got it they were turned on thanks for the advice it was under program vehicle then under strategy tune then you had to select a vehicle file then it brought up a list of things you could adjust thanks again yo
I'm glad you got it figured it out! You can always email Bama since they didn't write the file correctly and I'm sure they'll re-write it for you.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Dont give me the credit you figured it out i just hit select a couple times lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang