vs nissian silvia - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

vs nissian silvia

a buddy of mine just got a stock nissian silvia and he thinks it the greatest thing alive. it has a small piece of **** turbo with like 7 psi but some people said it a quick car. it only has one seat in it stripped down to the max with a stock engine and small stock turbo. is it quick enough to outdo my supercharged 6? or should i bring out my 85 fox 302 h.o i hate bringing it out she stands straight up i hate to land over top of him lol. so which one can the 6 handle it or bring the 302 out? were racing for $500
customsixstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: vs nissian silvia

do some research and figure out the mods to double check on its performance numbers. If its like the SR20DET setup he should be pretty quick (13s) stock. That will of course be faster than your supercharged 6 I would assume. Unless you can run mid/low 13s I wouldnt run him... but after some research you may find something different out about his car.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i can run mid 13's easy with a 100 shotbut he dosent have no other mods beside it stripped down with a stock enigne, tranny, and turbo all stock. no cai nothing. my fox i usually only submit in the june ford show. i run high 11's to low 12's in my fox im right own the line. i think w/o a doubt the fox could handle it. he said he thinks his car is putting out around 300 horses and around 275 torque. my 6 puts out more own the dyno than his but his car is probably lighter and lower.my fox though is a show car with a twin turbo setup she puts out 625 hp at the wheels and 650 ft lbs of torque i know that can handle him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

found the specs for a stock sr20 det:

SR20DET Specs
Here are some basic SR20DET specs showing the differences between the S13, S14 and S15 engines. There have been basically 3 generations of the SR20DET. Which one is better, it doesn't really matter, especially since there are very few engines out there that will be left stock for very long. Most customers will install them as stock as possible, but will soon upgrade fuel, turbo, intake, and intercooler, if they have not done so already when they order a conversion package.
Specifications for the Red Top SR20DET
(Found on the 91-93 180SX & Silvia)
Displacement: 1998cc (2.0 liter)
Cam Type: DOHC 16 valve, chain driven cam sprockets
Bore & Stroke 86mm x 86mm
Compression: 8.5:1
Horsepower: 205ps @ 6000rpm
Torque: 203 ft/lbs @ 4000rpm
Stock Boost: 7 psi
Throttle Body Bore: 60mm
Injector Size: 370cc/min
Turbo Specs:
Compressor: T-25, 60 trim 56mm BCI-1 compressor.
Turbine: T-25, 62 trim 53.8mm 0.64 A/R turbine housing.
Center Section: Journal bearings
Performance:
The stock turbo will be safe to 13-15 psi. After that, the turbo is past its efficiency range, and power increases will fall off and are not worth the risk of turbo damage. The engine should produce 230-250 RWHP at safe boost.

i got all the info from drift connection.com so if that truley all the horsepower and torque at 7 psi which is what it set at with it stripped down i think i can take him.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

If your fox is 625hp and only runs high 11's low 12's i would be working on the driving skills..........
Old 12-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

maybe you dont know how much the car weighs or how hard it is to keep the nose own the track. do the research. i have a 3/4 ton rear end under the damn thing from a old ford pickup truck. with bad gears in it which im trying to fins some for it. it a damn show car as you can see i said earlier. if i turned the turbo up of course it would do better.but it mostly a show car if i had it tun ed with a really good rear end and gears it would be alot quicker.it not the driving skills son younger guys are the ones who cant drive. the opnly reason i mentioned my fox was i know if he runs 13 and that car runs high 11 i could deffinetly win. But it a show car that rolls out the garage once or twice a year.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

With a stock KA24DE and a stripped interior and ac delete I could pull stock and mildly modded 5.0's with a SR20DET I would say unless the person cant drive it would win.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i raced my buddy last night. i think yall think too much about that sr20det it was really close up to about 90 then i pulled away about 2 car lenghts and won. wow i didnt think it would be close with that 302 but i swear that damn silvia is a quick car just not quick enough.he just didnt have enough torque thanks for all the input guys.it woulda ate my sixer alive.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang