Finally putting in 8.8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Finally putting in 8.8

So after 3 months of it chilling in my garage i'm going to swap in my 8.8 just have a couple questions.First one being when i go to buy gears am i buying them for a six or a gt. Two i need to change the gear oil any suggestions that isn't royal purple. Third whats up with this quad shock stuff i hear about on the 8.8, what is that and what does it do The last one isn't pertaining to the rear end but the drive shaft i want the ford racing drive shaft from a.m but i don't know how to swap the yokes from the two d.s's where could i get this done and about how much would the yoke swap run me. As always thanks for any advice.
l2plagears is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears
So after 3 months of it chilling in my garage i'm going to swap in my 8.8 just have a couple questions.First one being when i go to buy gears am i buying them for a six or a gt. Two i need to change the gear oil any suggestions that isn't royal purple. Third whats up with this quad shock stuff i hear about on the 8.8, what is that and what does it do The last one isn't pertaining to the rear end but the drive shaft i want the ford racing drive shaft from a.m but i don't know how to swap the yokes from the two d.s's where could i get this done and about how much would the yoke swap run me. As always thanks for any advice.
Your buying gears made for a gt. It's a Gt rear end.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Finally putting in 8.8

That much i figured just wanted to be sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
That much i figured just wanted to be sure
So what your going with? 3.73 or 4.10
Old 03-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

4.10's have an auto and i'm not planning on boost for awhile
Old 03-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Turbo?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yea most likely it's the cheaper option and i don't wanna do a m112 cuz i'm windstared and i love the way it looks and still think you should get one cuz like i said that would be bat mobile s*** dude
Old 03-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yea most likely it's the cheaper option and i don't wanna do a m112 cuz i'm windstared and i love the way it looks and still think you should get one cuz like i said that would be bat mobile s*** dude
It's easier to tune up without that cai in the way. I though about the windstar but I heard the cai on it collapses. And not only that how many things you have to cut to install it? And is it easy to install a turbo on it? I have lots of questions. I love my k&n cai. But if I also go turbo that's gotto go too right? And can I add the H/C/I from super six motor sports if I turbo?

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote:
I'm lowering my ride soon. Working on getting my springs and tokico shocks and struts. Then going with staggered 18 inch saleens, I'm thinking black chrome or just black which ones you think?

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote:
I'm keeping my car so lots of plans
Old 03-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

No collapsing intake and you only have to cut two things one of which is really easy and im sure you could adapt the k&n intake to it you would just have to drill two holes for the i.a.c it looks awesome bro and it makes a pretty big diff and yea you could get the power pack and a turbo thats mean power bro and you might have to loose the intake im not sure but you can still use the filter and thats the main part anyway
Old 03-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Did you put a breather set up on your car? Keeps oil vapor from entering your upper intake. Youd be surprised all the gunk from oil vapor in the intake manifold. I have the breather set up.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Pcv valve bypass. Look it up on supersixmotorsports.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote:
No collapsing intake and you only have to cut two things one of which is really easy and im sure you could adapt the k&n intake to it you would just have to drill two holes for the i.a.c it looks awesome bro and it makes a pretty big diff and yea you could get the power pack and a turbo thats mean power bro and you might have to loose the intake im not sure but you can still use the filter and thats the main part anyway
Post pictures of yours?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Buy gears for a 8.8.

I use Mobil1 in my rears.

You may be able to just swap the pinion flange if there is any difference, I don't believe there is a difference in bolt pattern between the 7.5 and 8.8 however.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang